People Blocking AH Gold trade? >_>

Yamiino - Heavens Tear
Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Seriously... someone is trying to bug everyone by spaming the AH with things like:

20091119165222.jpg

Can a GM please check on this? =_= obviously this player is losing more money than what he's/she's getting so my guess is, bothering.

PS: I was originally going to send a ticket but its not fast enough to take action over these matters.
Happened right now 03 pm website time.

Thank you =_=
WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
Post edited by Yamiino - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:puzzled
    me don't get it.
    (o.o)'
    whats the problem here?
    me thought there was no limit to teh amount of trades going on.
    X_X'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I do not know what it is currently...But as of last nite I wish LC gold prices looked like that....

And that is funny....I have never seen that before b:chuckle
    me don't get it.
    (o.o)'
    whats the problem here?

1 Gold at each price -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    roflmao b:laugh
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    me don't get it.
    (o.o)'
    whats the problem here?
    me thought there was no limit to teh amount of trades going on.
    X_X'

I dont get it either.

Me thinks he just wants to QQ about high gold prices.

Edit: No problem wrong with that... He/she is just losing aprox 600 coins per gold...
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    all i can say is, "lol"

that person is obviously waaay too bored

honestly tho, to each their own. if he/she wants to waste time/money like that, i say let 'em

true, i see how that could be annoying if you're wanting to buy more than just 1 gold, but it's not really a life-shattering issue b:surrender

EDIT: holy ****.. ninja'd 4 times T_T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    It stops the AH to flow normally, if you spam with things like that other players selling for higher or lower will be removed from the listing, making the normal AH flow stop.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I dont get it either.

Me thinks he just wants to QQ about high gold prices.

1 Gold selling at each price -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2009
    1 Gold at each price -.-

me still don't get it.
    (>.<)'
    whats so bad about having less then 500k gold?
    b:chuckle
    and BYAAR~ ninja hamster~

brings teh backup to quadruple ninja Alexeno.
    (^.^)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    me still don't get it.
    (>.<)'
    whats so bad about having less then 500k gold?
    and BYAAR~ ninja hamster~

It is not a Price QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    NOTE:

This is not a QQ thread about gold prices look carefully the screen and read again. Thanks.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It doesn't remove selling listings, does it? I think the trading screen only shows the 8 highest listings - that doesn't mean the rest of the listings aren't still there. Least that's how I thought it worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited November 2009
    It is not a Price QQ
    It stops the AH to flow normally, if you spam with things like that other players selling for higher or lower will be removed from the listing, making the normal AH flow stop.

oooo
    me see.
    (O.o)'
    wait me don't see it. (please refer to teh fatherted)
    (>.<)'
    wouldn't it only be a problem if that person were to sell gold for.....800k each or something?
    seems like this be a good thing for us.
    xD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    its an attempt to force gold prices lower, and a clever one at that, however, if you thing the price is too low you can buy all of it, a bid to buy gold at a higher price will automatically buy any gold being offered at a lower price. buy 8 gold at 490K will fix this, take your own steps to increase the price of gold, its called "free market"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I seriously dont understand the problem. It just "kinda" lowers the gold price. The ones that arnt shown on the listing doesnt mean they arnt there. Once those bids are gone, the rest of them will show..
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    It doesn't remove selling listings, does it? I think the trading screen only shows the 8 highest listings - that doesn't mean the rest of the listings aren't still there. Least that's how I thought it worked.

^ True.

They are just not visible. You can check all the prices by clicking on "Listings" at the bottom of the screen box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm not sure that this does anything harmful, this is mainly considering that you set the price you wish to buy gold at, rather than actually choosing from this list. Even if it takes up that whole window, I'm certain that it doesn't "erase" other gold listings.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    its an attempt to force gold prices lower, and a clever one at that, however, if you thing the price is too low you can buy all of it, a bid to buy gold at a higher price will automatically buy any gold being offered at a lower price. buy 8 gold at 490K will fix this, take your own steps to increase the price of gold, its called "free market"

^this

and the best part is, when you set your buy price on top of the stack (higher than the top sell price), it auto-buys *at the price listed*, so you don't spend more than you have to, thus making it easier to buy up multiple listings without individually buying stacks b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't see the big deal here, either.

Certainly if someone was not familiar with current gold prices and checked the trader they might have a hard time determining the present value. As a result, they'd either have to wait for it to clear up, take a guess at the value, or follow the gold troll's lead and sell theirs at that price as well.

However, as buy orders start from the cheapest price and gobble up gold until either it is fulfilled or there is no more gold within price limits, all it would take is one person to go:

"Oh boy! Look at all that cheap gold!" *buy order for 50@ 500k*

And he's get a great deal, plus it would clear out all those listings in one fell swoop.

Edit: Was too verbose. Others beat me to the post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    ^ True.

They are just not visible. You can check all the prices by clicking on "Listings" at the bottom of the screen box.
    I'm not sure that this does anything harmful, this is mainly considering that you set the price you wish to buy gold at, rather than actually choosing from this list. Even if it takes up that whole window, I'm certain that it doesn't "erase" other gold listings.

so.....the OP just likes to see big numbers?
    he should have rolled an arcane wizard~!
    lols~!
    you see big numbers everywhere. especially when you get attacked!
    b:victory
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    so.....the OP just likes to see big numbers?
    he should have rolled an arcane wizard~!
    lols~!
    you see big numbers everywhere. especially when you get attacked!
    b:victory

epiclol@redpart

it's so true b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Ok... guess no one gets it lol

When you sell gold you expect to be listed to sell it correct? Then everyone will know someone is selling gold for x price, ok so far so good.

What would happen if the same person keeps lowering by 100 coins a gold but spammed 10 to idk how many times the price, players will buy his/her gold (for a 100 coins difference) it matters? no, because it has a fee of 2 silver per gold.

Ok but now, if someone spams the AH like that, it will stop the flow of other people selling and buying gold since the only listed in there is this player's.

I'm just opening this thread so that the player who did this looks at it at our point of view, if you spam the AH like that, it stops the economy flow. So don't please.

Is it so much to ask/hard to put all the gold he wanted to sell for 1 set price and not spam the AH with 1 gold each sale? >_>

That is the issue.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Since the system is basically a competitive market I still must say that if someone chooses to sell for lower than you, it's not really their fault. Am I making sense?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Ok... guess no one gets it lol

When you sell gold you expect to be listed to sell it correct? Then everyone will know someone is selling gold for x price, ok so far so good.

What would happen if the same person keeps lowering by 100 coins a gold but spammed 10 to idk how many times the price, players will buy his/her gold (for a 100 coins difference) it matters? no, because it has a fee of 2 silver per gold.

Ok but now, if someone spams the AH like that, it will stop the flow of other people selling and buying gold since the only listed in there is this player's.

I'm just opening this thread so that the player who did this looks at it at our point of view, if you spam the AH like that, it stops the economy flow. So don't please.

Is it so much to ask/hard to put all the gold he wanted to sell for 1 set price and not spam the AH with 1 gold each sale? >_>

That is the issue.

the thing is tho, it really doesn't "stop the flow"... you just set what your highest buy price is, and how much you want at that price, and the system automatically buys out all lower-priced gold, then if there's any left in your "desired buy amount", it'll sit there waiting for someone to sell to you at your price b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Its not the price problem, i mean the spam, isnt it considered as spamming to spam the AH like that? =__=

Edit: Its gone now, thanks to whoever cleaned that up.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Its not the price problem, i mean the spam, isnt it considered as spamming to spam the AH like that? =__=

what is considered "spam" is in the eye of the beholder (sadly enough)

i would call that "boredom"... if not for the fact i got a chuckle out of it, i would have said it's spam
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2009

Edit: Its gone now, thanks to whoever cleaned that up.

NO
    it's not considered spamming.
    it just be competitive you darn greedy gold seller.
    although me has nothing against gold sellers. (except ones like you who actively work to raise prices.)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Gonna repeat myself since the OP didn't seem to understand:
    Certainly if someone was not familiar with current gold prices and checked the trader they might have a hard time determining the present value. As a result, they'd either have to wait for it to clear up, take a guess at the value, or follow the gold troll's lead and sell theirs at that price as well.

However, as buy orders start from the cheapest price and gobble up gold until either it is fulfilled or there is no more gold within price limits, all it would take is one person to go:

"Oh boy! Look at all that cheap gold!" *buy order for 50@ 500k*

And he'll get a great deal, plus it would clear out all those listings in one fell swoop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't see how it's spam.

Just because someone has 100 consecutive entries in the AH gold sell does not make it spam. You can always sell at a price so low that the "spammer" will not meet it.

Likewise you can do the same for anyone putting in 100 consecutive entries to buy gold. Just buy so high that the "spammer" will not meet it.

In any case, someone will buy the "spam" and eventually get to the gold price at which you listed.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    NO
    it's not considered spamming.
    it just be competitive you darn greedy gold seller.
    although me has nothing against gold sellers. (except ones like you who actively work to raise prices.)

Huh? O_o excuse me SIR but dont QQ about prices here :] its not what this thread is about, k?, ty, bye.

If "I" sell gold for X price is MY problem and whoever bought it, and about greed LOL i just sold 2 gold for 400k each this morning so DONT come with that if you don't know what you're talking about making false acusations. Thanks.
    edited November 2009
    Seriously... someone is trying to bug everyone by spaming the AH with things like:

Can a GM please check on this? =_= obviously this player is losing more money than what he's/she's getting so my guess is, bothering.

PS: I was originally going to send a ticket but its not fast enough to take action over these matters.
    Happened right now 03 pm website time.

Thank you =_=

using just one of your posts....me has evidence you be QQing.....

also props to whoever was selling gold like that....mayhaps the person just wanted quick $$ so set it slightly lower then the actual market price? (guaranteed to sell all their gold within minutes like that)
    ehh never thought of that huh....

also Yamiino me would like a screen shot of your said "mysterious 400k two gold" please
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.