Is this considered bugging use?

Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
I'm wondering if its against game rules to lure an air mob to the ground and attacking it with a land pet. For example: Luring Jewelscalen to the ground and letting a herc tank it. Would doing something like this get me in trouble or banned? I know there's some cases where you probably have no choice but to attack an air mob with a land pet. For example those Cyannair Spectars above Sanctuary.... If you argo one of those while flying they will follow you all over PWI, Unless you A) summon air pet and tank it, in which most cases the air pet will die unless you have a nix. B)Drop to the ground, summon land pet herc or magmite and tank it then. or C) drop to the ground, run to the water (if theres any near by) and swim to the bottom. But in some cases of option C you might die before you lose argo.
>.<
Post edited by Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Simply because your air pet might die due to suboptimal strategy does not necessitate the usage of land pets to tank what should be fought in the air.

Furthermore, Jewelscalen is meant to be a hard boss who proves a challenge for a squad, not a soloable herc tanked boss.

And, just to repeat, there is NOWHERE where you have NO CHOICE but to attack air mobs with land pets. Sawflies exist. Other flying pets exist. If leveled properly and taught the correct skills and with correct strategy, your pet won't die every time. Suboptimal strategy is not grounds for proclaiming something impossible in the way that it is meant to be handled.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Furthermore, Jewelscalen is meant to be a hard boss who proves a challenge for a squad, not a soloable herc tanked boss.

Can this be said about any other bosses (including land ones), and if so, should we report venomancers for using hercs to tank the other bosses (including land ones)?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As long as the mob can still attack you I do not see any problem with that.

The opposite, for example, would be bannable as there is no way for the monster to attack you.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm wondering if its against game rules to lure an air mob to the ground and attacking it with a land pet. For example: Luring Jewelscalen to the ground and letting a herc tank it. Would doing something like this get me in trouble or banned? I know there's some cases where you probably have no choice but to attack an air mob with a land pet. For example those Cyannair Spectars above Sanctuary.... If you argo one of those while flying they will follow you all over PWI, Unless you A) summon air pet and tank it, in which most cases the air pet will die unless you have a nix. B)Drop to the ground, summon land pet herc or magmite and tank it then. or C) drop to the ground, run to the water (if theres any near by) and swim to the bottom. But in some cases of option C you might die before you lose argo.

In general as long as the mob is capable of dealing damage you are fine.

EDIT: pffff got ninja'd by spoons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I see no reason why what you are suggesting would be bannable.

And for many venos with hercs, luring Jewels to the ground is the easiest and fastest method to tank him - not sure how that qualifies as 'suboptimal'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I've seen venos lure Jewel with flying pet so herc could tank. The herc was still a target and was being attacked. I don't see a problem with that.

What I see a problem is venos bugging mobs with flying pets. IIRC I've seen people getting banned for that, I've also warned people not to do it, and I've left parties over people wanting to bug bosses/mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When I had the quest for jewelscalen I remember a high lvl veno, I think like lvl 89 tanking jewel with a herc for me. And yes it was a challenge for her. She died several times before it was a "success". And no she didnt solo it either, we had a full squad of ppl. Also as for those cynnair sceptars above sanctaury, one day i saw one and decided to attack it without a pet since it was lvl 45 and i was lvl 69 then, so i figured I could 3 shot it. However I didnt know they were elite mobs. So I summoned my foxwing lvl 68, and attacked the mob with it. The spectar hit my foxwing for at least 500 damage everytime. Foxwing dies cause my heals couldnt keep up with the damage. Do I ressurect foxwing and go back letting it attack just to have it die again? No I dont because the channeling on revive pet is too long, and I'd be dead before I get pet revived and back to full health. So this only leaves 2 options: Drop to the ground, summon a land pet that you know can tank the mob, or the last option would be to run away and swim to the bottom of the pool in sanctuary so you lose argo. Now as for me, I'm not too much for running away. I like to face my challenges, especially "OH ****" moments like that where I have to figure out a strategy. As for the "Sawflies exist. Other flying pets exist" comment, I have a sawfly currently not fully lvled. Its only lvl 40 atm. And yes I am working on lvling it. Hopefully it will have better defense than my foxwing does when it gets my lvl. As for now, I'm not intending for this thread to start a flame. I just wanted a simple "yes" or "no" answer for the question "Is it against the rules to lure an air mob to the ground and attack it with a land pet?" Because, At lvl 71 the only quests I have atm have to deal with killing air mobs, and I'd really like to get them done without having to worry about waiting and lvling my sawfly.
    >.<
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When I had the quest for jewelscalen I remember a high lvl veno, I think like lvl 89 tanking jewel with a herc for me. And yes it was a challenge for her. She died several times before it was a "success". And no she didnt solo it either, we had a full squad of ppl.
    When I was waiting in line to kill Jewel I saw a squad with two hercs lure Jewel to the ground and watched as he/she party-wiped them almost instantly, then went after the secondary squad of Clerics that were giving outside heals. It was kinda sad yet funny to watch.

I guess people just panic or something. Jewel is tough, but not that tough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Pretty easy for a 80 veno with a herc to solo Jewel if he/she knows what they're doing. I tried with my level 70 phoenix, it got 1 hit when debuffed.

How I do it. Works pretty well:

1.) Kill adds
    2.) Heal herc/nix to max hp. Position myself flying above a hill (should be south of jewel's rock). Get max chi
    3.) Lure jewel with phoenix.
    4.) Immediately drop down and summon hercules with "stay" command.
    5.) Use bramble hood and buff hercules at same time.
    6.) Jewel should get 1 attack on you, run down the hill. When jewel is down to herc's altitude, attack with herc.
    7.) Heal herc.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Tombvixen - Heavens Tear
    Tombvixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    EWS...i would like you to clerify ur statment plz. cause as a 90% pure solo veno i use herc for a lot of things. as long as herc is healed the mobs can not atk me. also using air pets vs water mobs i can not be atked. however my pets can be. does this count as bannable according to ur statement? there is a major lack of deceint water pets in game for venos (i know there are also nowhere as many water based quests also). are we supposed to sit and train a lvl 40 turtle on 40-60 mobs then try to trian it on 80+ mobs to lvl it? cause there isnt another tameable water pet between lvl 50-79 yet there are water based quests during this time.....use ur air mount and a sawfly for water mobs....my best guess and action taken....anyways =)b:bye
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ive been killing jewelscalen with my herc this way for a long time. Never once had anyone suggest it might be an exploit. In fact the situation is more difficult than a land mob, as jewelscalen likes to hover just out of reach of the herc. Sloped land solves that problem though.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    EWS...i would like you to clerify ur statment plz. cause as a 90% pure solo veno i use herc for a lot of things. as long as herc is healed the mobs can not atk me. also using air pets vs water mobs i can not be atked. however my pets can be. does this count as bannable according to ur statement? there is a major lack of deceint water pets in game for venos (i know there are also nowhere as many water based quests also). are we supposed to sit and train a lvl 40 turtle on 40-60 mobs then try to trian it on 80+ mobs to lvl it? cause there isnt another tameable water pet between lvl 50-79 yet there are water based quests during this time.....use ur air mount and a sawfly for water mobs....my best guess and action taken....anyways =)b:bye

What you are describing sounds like it's exploiting a game mechanic and can possibly get you banned, please PM me if you need further clarification.
This discussion has been closed.