Looking for suggestions for my Archer

ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Archer
Hey guys, I have a level 85 archer I stopped playing for a veno on Sanc a good 6 to 7 months ago.

I'm at a point now with my veno that i could start farming better gear for him and maybe even a stat reset stone.

Here's what I have:

TT70 gear, but I also have Armor of Grieving Sorrow and Dark Shinguard of Hedes on him. I also have him equiped with the Flash Fire crossbow.

His stats are (unmodified) 45 vit, 89 str, 303 dex and 3 mag.

So here are my questions (other suggestions are welcome!)
1) Should I restat him to pure dex?
2) Should I farm TT80 green gear, TT80 Gold Gear, or Molders for him?
3) Should I stick with the crossbow, or farm him a different weapon?

Thanks in advance for the input! b:thanks
IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1) Should I restat him to pure dex?
    It would be best to do that eventually. Its not terrible to have 40vit but you're going to be be missing out on a bit of dex.

2) Should I farm TT80 green gear, TT80 Gold Gear, or Molders for him?
    TT80 green doesnt last very long and is only really useful if you want to make TT90 gold which isnt that good except for maybe the bracers (and one other piece to get a +10 dex set bonus).

TT80 gold can be an alternative to TT90 green and there is a good case for liking the TT80gold boots and pants more than the TT90 green counterparts.
    Still you will need TT90 green if you ever are going for TT99 gold.

3) Should I stick with the crossbow, or farm him a different weapon?
    That xbow is fine as it can be upgraded to Blinding Radiance which is the superior TT90 xbow. If you are living forever at 80 you'd want a Chained Jail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    All to dex, strength for gear only(3 magic 3 vitality). Farm tt90 armor and tt90 blinding radiance xbow. Go demon at 89.
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Just a little follow up question:

My Archer is 86 now, and I'm considering going for the Dragonbow instead of Blinding Radiance. Mainly because the weapon looks to be alot cheaper to get, and the DPS seems to be in the same range.

Anyone have any other ideas for a decent, relatively affordable 90 weapon? Broad Land is way out of my price range. b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Windcatcher has a very similar damage output to Dragonbow (as well as same attack speed). On HT, Windcatcher is significantly cheaper than Dragonbow. (Saw a +4 one for 2m)

Striker: Glare is a good and affordable lvl 90 weapon. The DPH is comparable to a Dragonbow / Windcatcher, but its DPS is a lot higher because it is faster. It will last you for a while. It's gold, so it binds. I suggest buying the Striker outright instead of farming mats to make the souledge; Strikers are fairly cheap on HT b/c nobody uses them.

EDIT: Blinding Radiance does do more damage than Dragonbow / Windcatcher, unless you have some really high refines. Striker: Glare does significantly more than all three.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    um do note that with all these people getting lunar and frost weapons...some are starting to sell their TT90s...it's not often but it happens, i got my Blinding Radiance for 9m.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver
    MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    um do note that with all these people getting lunar and frost weapons...some are starting to sell their TT90s...it's not often but it happens, i got my Blinding Radiance for 9m.

I'm not fond of the Broad Land bow, the chance to increase pAtk is nice but at the cost of loosing pDef, ick b:surrender
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    for the purpose of grinding you're fighting mostly magic mobs anyway.

but yeah that has nothing to do with the TT90 xbows that people are selling for cheap right now lol. i saw a BR +7 2 socket for 27m like 2 days ago >.<

i'd suggest for the OP to keep an eye open at the AH.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Windcatcher is good.
    Its a crossbow with -0.10 interval so that means it shoots as fast as a normal bow, and has +2 range.
    The TT90 gold crossbow (heaven seal: chain) is actually really bad. The add-ons make it look good but its base damage is fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Wow Elena, you're right.

All of the weapons you mentioned are relatively affordable, and the windcatcher is really cheap. Gonna stick with one of the TT90 weapons, though. Thanks for the input, everyone! b:thanks

I never mentioned this, but my archer is only a PvE archer, so at this point which bow I with (Blinding Radiance, DragonBow, or Striker: Glare) will be mainly a matter of personal preference!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]