Trying to report an OBVIOUS bot

redbeauty
redbeauty Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Support Desk
Yet no GMs online, no GMs on the chat.. how do i report this. Its getting annoying having him ks me on EVERY kil and try to take my drops >.< i like gameplay better when people ARENT abusing the game... HALP!
Post edited by redbeauty on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    To send a report, please provide some screenshots as evidence and click the link below:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

This is going to be the most effective way to send a report, and our GMs will be happy to look into it as long as evidence and details are provided
  • redbeauty
    edited November 2009
    How does a screenie provide proof of botting though? LOL.. I mean.. dont u guys need to come and "Investigate?" plus the reporting thing always times out on my browser and doesnt go through >.< beleive me i have tried ... RAWR GRRR DARNIT!
  • redbeauty
    edited November 2009
    ok here i go.. trying to send a report the old fashion way.. with screens.. of him killing..
  • eatwithspoons
    edited November 2009
    redbeauty wrote: »
    How does a screenie provide proof of botting though? LOL.. I mean.. dont u guys need to come and "Investigate?" plus the reporting thing always times out on my browser and doesnt go through >.< beleive me i have tried ... RAWR GRRR DARNIT!

It may not be direct proof but there are ways of getting more, this is more to discourage false reports.

If your browser doesn't like our ticketing page, it happens to some people, send the report in an e-mail here: customerservice@perfectworldinc.com and it will go to the same place.

Note: unless you have outlook configured you will have to copy and paste this e-mail address into a new message from your e-mail account.
  • redbeauty
    edited November 2009
    Edit.. Sorry just saw your reply.. Emailing right now :D TY Spoons... I just dont like game abuse.. MAKES ME MAD!!!!! *boiling*
  • eatwithspoons
    edited November 2009
    Please read my post above, it contains alternate instructions for submitting your ticket b:victory
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    redbeauty wrote: »

One way of recording evidence on a botter is to take a screenshot of him not responding to your numerous whispers and trying to get his attention in normal chat.

It's not absolute proof, but it's about the best you're gonna get.
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Note: unless you have outlook configured you will have to copy and paste this e-mail address into a new message from your e-mail account.

I would suggest changing that to read "your browser and/or email client". I use thunderbird and browse with Opera. In order to get mailto links to work properly to call up thunderbird's compose window - I had to make sure Opera's configuration was right. (Thunderbird was already set up)
    I'm a man
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    why screenshot? all you going to get are some photos of a random very anti-social guy killing who mayhaps possibly blacklisted you. b:chuckle
    me thinks you should use video in cases like this.
    b:thanks

x-fire be PWI compatible and is free. (O.o)
    but if you can't get video then get screenshots of you whispering and get friends/people you know to whisper as well for confirmation on whether that person is actually there. (one person probably didn't blacklist everyone you know lols)

(make sure you get footage of him/her continually killing your kills trying to auto pickup your own loot me think that be the best evidence you can get.)
    also this way you can also report for griefing if that person continually stealing your kills. (automatically or not since they is **** with your game play by giving you only half exp/spirit per kill) b:chuckle

yes me has teh experience in ways of catching them. b:thanks
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Screenshots help, trust us.

We can't divulge the ultra secret technology, and SWAT-like teams we have that handle these things, but they do help b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:puzzled
    O.o'
    me knew it.
    darth has some sort of super secret way to know everything that happens on PWI.
    b:shocked
    quick noone do anything bad~! b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.