Auto-pathing on land

Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
Idk if this has been suggested before, so Im gonna suggest it. Since the autopathing system is really good for flying, why not make autopathing available on land too? Yes, I know you can click on the npc's name in the quest list or on your minimap and you can walk straight there. However, since it takes you on a straight path, you will usually end up running into a wall or something. I think it would be nice if on land, when we want to autopath, say like in a city where there's roads and a defined pathway, the autopathing system would take you on the path and keep you on the road or walk you up the stairs or w/e it needed to do to take you where your going. This idea comes from one of PWI's sister MMOs. Since I dont know if Im allowed to say the game name, Im just gonna say if you wanna know which one, you'll have to do the research yourself. Anyways this is my thought. Give me your opinions on this.
>.<

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What would happen if there were no paths? I'd be too worried about mobs to leave my character afk autopathing on the ground anyway b:chuckle

Would make mat routes a tad easier I'd think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Idk if this has been suggested before, so Im gonna suggest it. Since the autopathing system is really good for flying, why not make autopathing available on land too? Yes, I know you can click on the npc's name in the quest list or on your minimap and you can walk straight there. However, since it takes you on a straight path, you will usually end up running into a wall or something. I think it would be nice if on land, when we want to autopath, say like in a city where there's roads and a defined pathway, the autopathing system would take you on the path and keep you on the road or walk you up the stairs or w/e it needed to do to take you where your going. This idea comes from one of PWI's sister MMOs. Since I dont know if Im allowed to say the game name, Im just gonna say if you wanna know which one, you'll have to do the research yourself. Anyways this is my thought. Give me your opinions on this.

They have that feature in JD, so we know the devs know how to do it. However, it is easier, faster and free to fly in this game, so I do not see it as being that big of a deal.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    What would happen if there were no paths? I'd be too worried about mobs to leave my character afk autopathing on the ground anyway b:chuckle

Would make mat routes a tad easier I'd think.

Yea, that is one problem while autopathing on land, you could run into some mobs. However I usually didnt autopath on land unless I was near or inside a city.
    >.<
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    They have that feature in JD, so we know the devs know how to do it. However, it is easier, faster and free to fly in this game, so I do not see it as being that big of a deal.

Yea, your right they do, but I was talking about ESO, I never played JD.
    >.<