ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
I currently have the following genie skills:

-Tree of Protection
-Extreme Poison
-Holy Path
-Second Wind

I'm going to be dropping ToP for an attack skill. I'm currently debating between Hollow Fist and Lightning Chaser, but am open to suggestions! Anyone have an opinion?

I am a PvE-only Veno, if that makes a difference. Thanks! b:thanks
IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It seems to me that lightning chaser would be much more suited to PvE. Interruption for bosses and the like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It seems to me that lightning chaser would be much more suited to PvE. Interruption for bosses and the like.

Do you know if Hollow Fist's phy debuff stacks with Ironwood's?
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As far as I know, the pdef buffs overwrite. I can't say for sure though. I just know the veno overwrites the cleric overwrites the barb, etc., so I'd assume the same is true here. As long as it has the same icon (i.e. another icon isn't added to the list of buffs/debuffs), I'd assume the buff has been overwritten.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Do you know if Hollow Fist's phy debuff stacks with Ironwood's?
    It used to stack, as did Tangling Mire. But I heard some of those combos no longer do ever since the Great Genie Nerf.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It used to stack, as did Tangling Mire. But I heard some of those combos no longer do ever since the Great Genie Nerf.

Yep, too bad they don't offer refunds on what we spent on our genies. It's this kind of **** that keeps me from using rl coin.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lightening Chaser only has an undisclosed chance of interrupting spell casting now.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What type of genie? Unless you have very high dex on it, I would be hesitant to recommend Lightning Chaser. My LC genie is 40 dex 80 mag, on the majority of fights where you want interrupts (casting times are pretty similar between mobs) it runs about a 50% interrupt chance, and I can only use it on 2/3 of casts, effectively it went from 100% to 33%, although it may be possible to raise this with higher ranks.

Oh for another great genie nerf, I tested blinding sand last night on a friend, he showed no reduction to his accuracy in his character window, I then tested befuddle to confirm he could see changes to his accuracy and he could. It's possible that skill doesn't work at all now, and best of all, it's virtually impossible to confirm that until someone with a 64 str/56 dex or 56 str/64 dex genie takes the skill to 10 to test it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh for another great genie nerf, I tested blinding sand last night on a friend, he showed no reduction to his accuracy in his character window, I then tested befuddle to confirm he could see changes to his accuracy and he could. It's possible that skill doesn't work at all now, and best of all, it's virtually impossible to confirm that until someone with a 64 str/56 dex or 56 str/64 dex genie takes the skill to 10 to test it.
    Tested it on Gaurnob with a BM with 1700 evasion tanking. Max Befuddling (70%), max Blinding Sand (15%), 32 str + 56 dex (11% of we're assuming accuracy debuff). Total should be 96% debuff. The BM reported no unusual number of misses.

At this point I'm suspecting the text description is correct and str + dex just slows down the mob's attack speed (by a whopping 11%, whoop dee do).

Max Earthquake seems to work pretty well at interrupting bosses. Problem is it's 57 energy per cast. I'm thinking of leveling up 3 or 4 genies just for this skill. Leave them in trade-ready state. And pass them out to guildies when we're fighting a boss where we need interrupts. Collect them afterwards. It's impossible to keep this applied with 1 genie, and even with 2 you'd need 2.9 energy/sec regen (95 mag). But with 3 you only need 1.9 energy/sec regen (45 mag), which is pretty easily attainable even with a crappy genie. All you need is for everyone to coordinate and take turns interrupting.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well, if the 15% description is accurate, you should have had atleast an 85% debuff on it. That should impact misses a little. I'm wondering if even the 15% portion of the description is accurate, like I said it didn't change accuracy at all in a duel so it seems possible it's just an attack speed reduction, which there's a good chance bosses are immune to (since they're immune to channeling speed reductions).