Fist Cleric

Options
Falcondance - Heavens Tear
Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Don't bash. 5 Str 4 Dex 1 Mag per two levels. Heavy/Arcane or Heavy/Light armor combo (Heavy/Light would be 5 Str 4 Dex 1 Vit per two levels). Raises all seals, heals and buffs but no offensive magic. Fights with fists only and uses the defensive magic (As it can be used no matter what weapon you're using) to support itself.

If there's anything wrong then tell me now, because I think it might work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
Sig pic by Nowitsawn
Post edited by Falcondance - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• lifegod90
    lifegod90 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    LOLUMAD?! With low magic who would want you in a squad? Seriously...just go play a BM if you like fists..
    Better yet, just uninstall b:bye
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lifegod90 wrote: »
    LOLUMAD?! With low magic who would want you in a squad? Seriously...just go play a BM if you like fists..
    Better yet, just uninstall b:bye

Where did that come from? xD. I've made a fists archer successfully and all I had to work with was Winged Pledge, Wingspan and my buffs.

Tell me that a Dual Spark with level 10 buffs, you sealed and debuffed and my fists doing that godly attack rate thing WOULDN'T hurt. Just say it. Better yet, I could stack -interval >_>. Wait! While I'm at it, how about genie debuffs and Relentless Courage? Or I could go for Thunderstorm and be able to take out heavies just like arcanes.

I could go on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • lifegod90
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:laugh plume shell..your little weak punches would hit me for...hmm 50 damage? LOL...u say you're going to wear heavy armor = one shot with wield thunder (cuz of your low hp)... If u wear light armor, that's even easier for me...Plume shot + Great Cyclone = Dead. Also.. as a fister, u will be melee... I can use Silent Seal.. and attack you like.. 4-5 times before u can even reach me.

A wizard would one hit u with heavy armor, a BM/Barb would kill you 1v1 cuz they got more hp, an archer would kill you before you even reach them.. I won't even talk about what a veno/nix could do to you.,,

Lastly, did u say you would stack heal on yourself then attack me? With little Magic Attack, how efficient will that be? (your heal wont be healing much.. LOL)... and I seriously doubt you will have enough MP to even do all of that...

1 magic every 2 levels... Please pick a different class. b:bye

I could go on.
  • /Alex/ - Sanctuary
    /Alex/ - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Don't bash. 5 Str 4 Dex 1 Mag per two levels. Heavy/Arcane or Heavy/Light armor combo (Heavy/Light would be 5 Str 4 Dex 1 Vit per two levels). Raises all seals, heals and buffs but no offensive magic. Fights with fists only and uses the defensive magic (As it can be used no matter what weapon you're using) to support itself.

If there's anything wrong then tell me now, because I think it might work.

your idea makes me want to do this to myself
  • _Myrddin_ - Harshlands
    _Myrddin_ - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    how you build your character is your choice, in the end.
    never forget that after 60 most of game activities are party ones.
    you'll be a good debuffer maybe, never a dd or a healer.
    would never tank boss or keep aggro on you.

btw its the skill, not the equip or build that tells what your role
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You can't use ANY skills as a cleric unless using a magic weapon. /endthread
    b:dirty
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Archer fist builds work only because of their -.1 rank 8 chest armor. The boost they receive over normal fister can make up for not having the fist mastery skill, and to an extent a smaller amount of str. Also, -interval goes along with what archers usually employ anyways. Clerics have none of those two things, so not worth it.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Stop posting your fail, this is like the 4th fail thread on **** like that.

Next.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yay, it's always so refreshing to see how just open-minded everyone is about experimental builds. b:surrender

Falcon, I would double-check that magic can be used with fist weapons, or else you won't be able to cast magic without dequipping. I have that problem on my heavy veno, so I know just how annoying and ineffective it can be.

Also, clerics are the support class, and are constantly bugged for heals and rezes. You can play independently most of the time, but make sure to warn people when you're in squad that you're not really a support cleric, and you don't have much magic. Otherwise, they'll be unpleasantly surprised when you're the only cleric in a bh squad and your heals can't keep up with common fb mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm mind-open to builds that have a clue. On those clueless craps, my mind is pretty close.

Btw, if you really want to see a new experimental succesfull clueless build check my topic about PVP Cleric. That rocks b:laugh
  • HealHamsta - Lost City
    HealHamsta - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm mind-open to builds that have a clue. On those clueless craps, my mind is pretty close.

Btw, if you really want to see a new experimental succesfull clueless build check my topic about PVP Cleric. That rocks b:laugh

PvP? whats that?
    (O.o) Precious voluminous pie?
    http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-your-pumpkin-pie-wants-whipped-cream.jpg

XD
    lols but if you can cast teh magic then the fist cleric would be funny. lols!
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    PvP? whats that?
    (O.o) Precious voluminous pie?
    http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-your-pumpkin-pie-wants-whipped-cream.jpg

XD
    lols but if you can cast teh magic then the fist cleric would be funny. lols!

<--- fist cleric b:quiet

& I can cast with em too b:sin I'm not giving away my secret thoough. But I'd suggest the poster to maybe roll a bm... I use mine for fun only & to copy annoying bms that go auto-attacking on bosses, not wasting any mp, unlike when mgk users atk QQ
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Is coming up with odd builds a new hype nowadays or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Don't bash.
    Don't bash.
    Don't bash.
    Don't bash.
    Don't bash.

xDDDD

Thanks for the replies. I know all cleric magic can be cast with fists thanks to Kott there. :o

I'll give it a shot and post results around 5x-6x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lifegod90 wrote: »
    b:laugh plume shell..your little weak punches would hit me for...hmm 50 damage? LOL...u say you're going to wear heavy armor = one shot with wield thunder (cuz of your low hp)... If u wear light armor, that's even easier for me...Plume shot + Great Cyclone = Dead. Also.. as a fister, u will be melee... I can use Silent Seal.. and attack you like.. 4-5 times before u can even reach me.

A wizard would one hit u with heavy armor, a BM/Barb would kill you 1v1 cuz they got more hp, an archer would kill you before you even reach them.. I won't even talk about what a veno/nix could do to you.,,

Lastly, did u say you would stack heal on yourself then attack me? With little Magic Attack, how efficient will that be? (your heal wont be healing much.. LOL)... and I seriously doubt you will have enough MP to even do all of that...

1 magic every 2 levels... Please pick a different class. b:bye

I could go on.

And what happens when I plume shell? What happens when I silent seal? What happens if I combo heavy and light for resistance and PDef? Could even get the -interval DQ60 bracers.

You're missing the obvious. BM or Barb goes after me, I can spark them to half and genie Thunderstorm. Nix comes after me I can Cauterize, seal the veno, debuff, spark and nail them. I never said I'd stack heal on myself. And you're right, it would fail if I did. b:victory

I could go on. ^^;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yay, it's always so refreshing to see how just open-minded everyone is about experimental builds. b:surrender

Falcon, I would double-check that magic can be used with fist weapons, or else you won't be able to cast magic without dequipping. I have that problem on my heavy veno, so I know just how annoying and ineffective it can be.

Also, clerics are the support class, and are constantly bugged for heals and rezes. You can play independently most of the time, but make sure to warn people when you're in squad that you're not really a support cleric, and you don't have much magic. Otherwise, they'll be unpleasantly surprised when you're the only cleric in a bh squad and your heals can't keep up with common fb mobs.

Thank you for reminding me about Resurrect, I forgot to mention it but do intend to max it. I will make absolutely sure that everybody knows I'm not a support cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    xDDDD

Thanks for the replies. I know all cleric magic can be cast with fists thanks to Kott there. :o

I can assure you they can not.

want proof?
    fistclericlol.jpg

P.S. I'm an LA cleric, thats why I can use those fists lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

want proof?
    fistclericlol.jpg

Psh, you need chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Just read on skills = Weapon Unarmed, Magical Instruments

Fists aren't magical instruments.

Fail.
  • lifegod90
    edited October 2009
    Options
    And what happens when I plume shell? What happens when I silent seal? What happens if I combo heavy and light for resistance and PDef? Could even get the -interval DQ60 bracers.

You're missing the obvious. BM or Barb goes after me, I can spark them to half and genie Thunderstorm. Nix comes after me I can Cauterize, seal the veno, debuff, spark and nail them. I never said I'd stack heal on myself. And you're right, it would fail if I did. b:victory

I could go on. ^^;

-_-" ...You plume shell? lol...you have no mana to back that up..and it doesn't stop magic attacks...you're still a one-shot from a cleric/wiz/archer... and if you silent seal me...lol..that doesnt stop me from casting spells, like i said I would hit u like 4-5 times before you could even reach me.. I'm done. I'm giving up explaining how stupid a fist cleric is. Good luck. b:bye
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

want proof?
    fistclericlol.jpg

LIES, you have just run out of mp, i use fists all the time. Those ones the only require 4 dex are the best!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Zataka - Lost City
    Zataka - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol this seems like a fun build i think i may try it when i have some spare time and just goof off with haha
    what would be a suitable build tho also should it be heavy armor or light?
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol this seems like a fun build i think i may try it when i have some spare time and just goof off with haha
    what would be a suitable build tho also should it be heavy armor or light?

I plan on comboing heavy/light, mixing up pdef and resistances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Zataka - Lost City
    Zataka - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I plan on comboing heavy/light, mixing up pdef and resistances.

ok thanks for the idea and build also is there a comfirmation about using magic with fists?

also i had an idea that if i did mostly light armored and also add some mage u could mage from afar til the get near and melee? or if an archer/wiz/other cleric than just bash em up close and after chi gaining switch wep and pull of a tempest for a KO or something and go back to fisting them
  • Chaorrow - Lost City
    Chaorrow - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    that would be pretty cool
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Rofl, u guys should learn to read all posts on topics first. Fists can't be used to cast magic.

Let falcon go on with her build, when she will reach 4x (rofl) she will understand how she heavily failed and she will make a new char/spend million coins in reset notes to roll a cleric build.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Reset at 4x? Are you kidding me?

I would keep plowing on until 70, at least. ^_^ And fists are always fun to play, so I wouldn't really care if I couldn't use my heals. Could dequip by hotkeying my fists and it'd only take a second or two. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ok thanks for the idea and build also is there a comfirmation about using magic with fists?

also i had an idea that if i did mostly light armored and also add some mage u could mage from afar til the get near and melee? or if an archer/wiz/other cleric than just bash em up close and after chi gaining switch wep and pull of a tempest for a KO or something and go back to fisting them

Bahaha, sounds like a range/2h strategy in another MMO. I loved that thing, made me lots of money in the wilderness when I was little ^^

But I don't really think it would work here, can't keep up current fists and strong magic at once. Maybe once one had their endgame fists and capped str/dex, they could devote everything to magic. But that's only a couple points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn