Pet won't attack in PvP.

Options
Hisuna - Sanctuary
Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
I recently switched into pk mode for the first time in a long time. I have basically no pk experience lol. I'm having fun with it anyway, die kill, whatever.

Here's my problem. When using hercules, it will run up to a player and just stand there, it starts to attack, the timer for bash even goes off and cools down, but it doesn't do anything. Any idea why on earth it's doing this? It won't use normal attacks either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The family is a haven in a heartless world.
Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
Post edited by Hisuna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Allyson - Harshlands
    Allyson - Harshlands Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Does it always do that or just that one time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ima dudeb:angry
    youtube.com/watch?v=RZhg727Mtw0
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Does it always do that or just that one time?

It's been doing it on everybody ever since I switched modes. It works against mobs, but not players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've had this problem many times in TW. My phoenix will go to a player and just sit there doing nothing but following them around. I've had other phoenixes do the same thing to me, just follow me and not attack when I knew it was trying to kill me.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Works fine for me!

I get attacked by mob or a player (I always have my pet on defend), and my pet attacks back.

I was SUPER excited when they patched it back to normal, for the pet defense.

b:pleased
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you don't have protections turned off, you might try doing that first. If they are already off then I dunno :(
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you don't have protections turned off, you might try doing that first. If they are already off then I dunno :(

Protections can't possibly be the issue as this also occurs in TW where protections do not apply. It's either a bug, or intentional to counter the flesh ream issue.

I hope its intentional myself.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I recently switched into pk mode for the first time in a long time. I have basically no pk experience lol. I'm having fun with it anyway, die kill, whatever.

Here's my problem. When using hercules, it will run up to a player and just stand there, it starts to attack, the timer for bash even goes off and cools down, but it doesn't do anything. Any idea why on earth it's doing this? It won't use normal attacks either.

Do your protections look like this?
    proc.png
    Because pets will halt & not attack properly when the protections arent set to let them do so o-o. Un-checking the white name part will let your pet hit other players in pk mode, un-checking the faction will let them hit faction members (>:D)

I've had this problem many times in TW. My phoenix will go to a player and just sit there doing nothing but following them around. I've had other phoenixes do the same thing to me, just follow me and not attack when I knew it was trying to kill me.

Sometimes before a tw (standing outside waiting to enter instance) , if I have my pet out, it'll glitch and not attack properly when I get sent inside. I have to summon it after I enter now o.o;
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Do your protections look like this?
    proc.png
    Because pets will halt & not attack properly when the protections arent set to let them do so o-o. Un-checking the white name part will let your pet hit other players in pk mode, un-checking the faction will let them hit faction members (>:D)

Sometimes before a tw (standing outside waiting to enter instance) , if I have my pet out, it'll glitch and not attack properly when I get sent inside. I have to summon it after I enter now o.o;

My protections are turned off. Except faction members. As I said I'm very inexperienced when it comes to this, and although I've been in pk mode a few times, I figured I was just doing something wrong. This problem does not happen with phoenix, only with hercules. At least for me. There was also one incident where pet heal stopped functioning, but that was a one time occurrence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    eek I was just saying its a possibility... Sorry for asking <.<;
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My protections are turned off. Except faction members. As I said I'm very inexperienced when it comes to this, and although I've been in pk mode a few times, I figured I was just doing something wrong. This problem does not happen with phoenix, only with hercules. At least for me. There was also one incident where pet heal stopped functioning, but that was a one time occurrence.

Not sure about what's goin on then, if it works for your nix, but not your herc ...:<
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    eek I was just saying its a possibility... Sorry for asking <.<;

You don't have anything to apologize for, you came to the thread with the intention of trying to help.

Not sure about what's goin on then, if it works for your nix, but not your herc ...:<

It's alright, I appreciate everyone's input. Maybe it's something that will sort itself out in the end. If it's just me and it's only happening with herc, then maybe it really is something that I'm doing, in which case I'll have to figure it out on my own. Thanks again to everyone who tried lol. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Happened to me in TW yesterday. Nix was following some cleric around and wouldnt even use basic attacks. Until I resummoned him at least.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Hazon - Sanctuary
    Hazon - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Now I know y wat happened to my herc. It happened to me too during tw. My herc just stood there n wondering wats going on there b:angry and I was killed b'cos of this. But my sawfly worked fine though.