Will Of Bodhisatva

Options
Sewagerat - Lost City
Sewagerat - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
I want to get some opinions on this skills PVP uses. I can see that 100% eva and immunity to stun for 15sec makes this great for support pvp, especially vs other bms. I'd imagine this would be a very handy skill if you got 3 sparks. In TW this skill would be amazing. Anyone want to discuss?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:shocked OMG HERB!!!!!!
Post edited by Sewagerat - Lost City on

Comments

• Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Always usefull against Nix's, since they have that stun and Venomancers have chances to stun too. And those 3 seconds could define if you die or not.
  • Sewagerat - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    damn venos :P
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I want to get some opinions on this skills PVP uses. I can see that 100% eva and immunity to stun for 15sec makes this great for support pvp, especially vs other bms. I'd imagine this would be a very handy skill if you got 3 sparks. In TW this skill would be amazing. Anyone want to discuss?

It works against not only stuns but all movement-restriction such as freeze and sleep.

BM: *puts on Will* "I'm coming at you, what are you going to do about it?"
    Wiz: *seals* "lulz"
    BM: "QQ"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am a max dex sword BM (Flame as you wish), and I find it incredibly useful. My evasion shoots to over 4.5K for 15 seconds, I can gtfo of whever I want or rush in at someone. Clerics cant sleep me, BMs cant stun me, nix's can't stun me. Barbs can barely hit me even with two mistys on. It's amazing.
    Oh! And you will love it the first time somebody tries to HF you and misses.

I always start out a fight with it on. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Fail to the person useing HF in a duel or non aoe pvp b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Purge FTW. :) All that sexiness you gained, it will be gone. Or, like BMs like to do when a Veno puts up Hood, stand back and wait for 15 seconds. There's no way you can gain back 2 sparks unless you use pots or find a place to beat on something to get enough chi to do it again. Even with that increased evasion and immunity, it will do you absolutely no good if you get hit with a Demon Ironwood that debuffs you. b:victory Good night! Your physical defense just dropped to 0.
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Purge FTW. :) All that sexiness you gained, it will be gone. Or, like BMs like to do when a Veno puts up Hood, stand back and wait for 15 seconds. There's no way you can gain back 2 sparks unless you use pots or find a place to beat on something to get enough chi to do it again. Even with that increased evasion and immunity, it will do you absolutely no good if you get hit with a Demon Ironwood that debuffs you. b:victory Good night! Your physical defense just dropped to 0.

*Buys a personal cleric for Purify b:surrender*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
    edited October 2009
    Options

It only takes 1 spark, but yeah the cool down is a minute long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oops, ha ha, didn't check that. I figured since it was a 59 skill it would take 2 sparks. I didn't look very closely when I looked it up on ecatomb. b:surrender Surry cakes! I suppose that's fair though. Hood takes 2 sparks and has half the cool down of your fancy speed skill. b:victory Once I get Demon SS (Summer Sprint) I will be faster than you with similar advantages to this skill.

"Accompanied by flowers, character's movement speed increases by 45% for 10 minutes.
    Grants immunity to all movment impairing effects for 6 seconds.

Demon version gives immunity to movement impairing effects."
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    the spark ruined the skill for me :(.
    granted it would be too good without spark, but really its just 15 secs. 15secs of stun is much better.
    And it cant be used in air/waterb:surrender

but yea its pwns in duels...(duels aint fun -.-)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

Agreed, but it does happen surprisingly often.

Will'o'Bodhisatva only takes 1 spark and bramble hood does not work in PvP
    the spark ruined the skill for me :(.
    granted it would be too good without spark, but really its just 15 secs. 15secs of stun is much better.
    And it cant be used in air/waterb:surrender

but yea its pwns in duels...(duels aint fun -.-)

You still get the extra evasion and the movement immunity in the air and underwater.
    Most of my fights dont last more than 15 seconds unless its two charmed HA users.
    in TW Will'of'Bodhi is Bomb

I love the skill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Will'o'Bodhisatva only takes 1 spark and bramble hood does not work in PvP

My **** it doesn't. I use it all the time. Granted, the deflect probably become null and void in real PvP (PK) and TW, but the 75% damage reduction still works. That is why Hood is an awesome skill. I don't PK much since I can't play hardcore at the moment, if I could I would PK. As it is, I can rarely make TWs and when I do make TWs I do use Hood and it still gives me the damage reduction that I love.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My **** it doesn't. I use it all the time. Granted, the deflect probably become null and void in real PvP (PK) and TW, but the 75% damage reduction still works. That is why Hood is an awesome skill. I don't PK much since I can't play hardcore at the moment, if I could I would PK. As it is, I can rarely make TWs and when I do make TWs I do use Hood and it still gives me the damage reduction that I love.

Reduction might be there, that I don't actually know. b:surrender

but the deflect is nonexistant in normal PvP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    but the deflect is nonexistant in normal PvP

You sure? I'm pretty sure I've killed myself against it before. Then there's also this complain with the recent updates.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457382
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It still works in duel, but I'm pretty sure the reflect doesn't work in TW. I wouldn't know about PK though.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You sure? I'm pretty sure I've killed myself against it before. Then there's also this complain with the recent updates.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457382
    It still works in duel, but I'm pretty sure the reflect doesn't work in TW. I wouldn't know about PK though.

It will work in duels and pve.
    PK it does not work.
    This is why when a Venomancer callenges me to a duel, I politely ask her to step outside safezone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It will work in duels and pve.
    PK it does not work.
    This is why when a Venomancer callenges me to a duel, I politely ask her to step outside safezone.

Good to know. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle Of course, he's on a PvP server. Outside safezone he can kill her because reflect won't work.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Stun->Heaven's Flame to kill clerics in the 10 second cooldown when their plume shell isn't up.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Stun->Heaven's Flame to kill clerics in the 10 second cooldown when their plume shell isn't up.

Or you could just double spark and do more damage in a shorter period of time after you stun them. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Or you could just double spark and do more damage in a shorter period of time after you stun them. b:shutup

Heaven's Flame does damage (extra chance for crit/zerk) while double spark doesn't, obviously you're not going to use it since you're a sword bm, and since you're using it on a cleric there's a very small chance that you'll miss. Also after using double spark you might have some problem holding the target down for 10 seconds without a chi pot. I don't know why you're commenting on the usefulness of heaven's flame against clerics considering a) you don't use heaven's flame, and b) you're not a cleric that's had heaven's flame used against them.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Heaven's Flame does damage (extra chance for crit/zerk) while double spark doesn't, obviously you're not going to use it since you're a sword bm, and since you're using it on a cleric there's a very small chance that you'll miss. Also after using double spark you might have some problem holding the target down for 10 seconds without a chi pot. I don't know why you're commenting on the usefulness of heaven's flame against clerics considering a) you don't use heaven's flame, and b) you're not a cleric that's had heaven's flame used against them.

I can use all weapons, thankyou very much. Albeit I don't have anything but my sword skills maxed.

Double Sparked Highland Cleave does more damage than Heavens Flame and you can use it multiple times during your spark's duration.

I'm not sure where you're going with the chi pot. If you had full chi then you have room for a roar and in just that 6 seconds you will do considerably more damage than you would have with HF.

HF is wonderful when fighting multiple enemies. Vs. a single target you are better off double sparking.
    b:victory

EDIT: Plus if you time it right you will get immunity from one of the opposing caster's big attacks

EDIT#2: Also we should stick to original topic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am a max dex sword BM (Flame as you wish), and I find it incredibly useful. My evasion shoots to over 4.5K for 15 seconds, I can gtfo of whever I want or rush in at someone. Clerics cant sleep me, BMs cant stun me, nix's can't stun me. Barbs can barely hit me even with two mistys on. It's amazing.
    Oh! And you will love it the first time somebody tries to HF you and misses.

I always start out a fight with it on. b:cute

too bad mages can still one shot you :(
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    too bad mages can still one shot you :(

b:bye Move is pretty much useless fighting a wizard, yes. I guess maybe you could use it to get the heck awayfrom the wizard as fast as you can or perhaps keep them from using a genie stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I can use all weapons, thankyou very much. Albeit I don't have anything but my sword skills maxed.

Double Sparked Highland Cleave does more damage than Heavens Flame and you can use it multiple times during your spark's duration.

I'm not sure where you're going with the chi pot. If you had full chi then you have room for a roar and in just that 6 seconds you will do considerably more damage than you would have with HF.

HF is wonderful when fighting multiple enemies. Vs. a single target you are better off double sparking.

EDIT: Plus if you time it right you will get immunity from one of the opposing caster's big attacks

Your point about double spark+ highland cleave doing more damage than hf is completely pointless. That's like me saying if you triple spark+myriad sword stance it does more damage than streak strike. Also double spark doesn't actually make you do 3x damage, it adds 300% weapon damage, roughly giving the same effect as Heaven's Flame debuff on someone. You're comparing the combo of two skills vs. one. Double Spark+Highland Cleave also takes more than twice the time than HF to use. Note that Heaven's Flame+Highland cleave is also a combo and will do more damage than double spark+highland cleave in less time due to HF actually doing damage. Also the way you would do it is roar first, which isn't a full 6 second stun. If you then use double spark which takes about 2 seconds, then that leaves you around 3 seconds to attack before the stun wears off. Unless you are able to stun again after the roar wears off (hence the chi issue) any smart player will kite away from you, rendering the extra time that double spark gives useless. Not to mention that Heaven's Flame debuff also helps out genie attack skills.

Once again unless you've actually tried using a fully maxed heaven's flame against a cleric, or are a cleric that has fought bm's using maxed heaven's flame, I don't think you're in a very informed position to argue how double spark is better. Not to mention that pre-77 axe bms will miss a lot due to not having misty rings.

Also what's the point of double spark giving immunity when the other person's already stunned...
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Your point about double spark+ highland cleave doing more damage than hf is completely pointless. That's like me saying if you triple spark+myriad sword stance it does more damage than streak strike. Also double spark doesn't actually make you do 3x damage, it adds 300% weapon damage, roughly giving the same effect as Heaven's Flame debuff on someone. You're comparing the combo of two skills vs. one. Double Spark+Highland Cleave also takes more than twice the time than HF to use. Note that Heaven's Flame+Highland cleave is also a combo and will do more damage than double spark+highland cleave in less time due to HF actually doing damage. Also the way you would do it is roar first, which isn't a full 6 second stun. If you then use double spark which takes about 2 seconds, then that leaves you around 3 seconds to attack before the stun wears off. Unless you are able to stun again after the roar wears off (hence the chi issue) any smart player will kite away from you, rendering the extra time that double spark gives useless. Not to mention that Heaven's Flame debuff also helps out genie attack skills.

Once again unless you've actually tried using a fully maxed heaven's flame against a cleric, or are a cleric that has fought bm's using maxed heaven's flame, I don't think you're in a very informed position to argue how double spark is better. Not to mention that pre-77 axe bms will miss a lot due to not having misty rings.

Also what's the point of double spark giving immunity when the other person's already stunned...

-Facepalm-

Make a new topic an I will gladly debate with you.
    Keep this thread to the topic.
    If you want to find a lvl77 axe BM and have them use your strategy to fight me then go for it. That, or wait til I catch up and we can try it. Either way.

EDIT: Shoot, you're on Heavens Tear. Any Axe Bm's around my level agree with him and want to try it out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    -Facepalm-

Make a new topic an I will gladly debate with you.
    Keep this thread to the topic.
    If you want to find a lvl77 axe BM and have them use your strategy to fight me then go for it. That, or wait til I catch up and we can try it. Either way.

EDIT: Shoot, you're on Heavens Tear. Any Axe Bm's around my level agree with him and want to try it out?

haha if you wanted to keep thread to topic so badly then what was the point of your post saying that double spark> heaven's flame?

Also once again you're missing the point entirely. I said that Heaven's Flame is a better use of 2 sparks than double spark against a CLERIC. I honestly don't care if an axe bm can beat you or not with it because you're not a cleric with plume shell.

But yeah to attempt to keep on topic, will is great for pvp except against wizards. Against any other class it's good to use right before charm tick so they can't stop your damage by stunning you.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    Options
    double fury does more damage than heaven flames? since when? have you ever seen a dragoned zerk/crit drake on a squishy healer?

poor, poor healer..
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Unless you are using all your chi, Will then spark, as soon as you spark you will get
    A-sleep by a cleric
    B-stun by a bm
    C-freez/stun by an archer
    D-kited by a wiz

BM sparking pre heaven/hell in PvP is fail, end of story. Every squishy and their mother have Holy Path at this point, even if you stun them with Roar, you'll get about 2-3 hits in before they kite away. Even if you Holy after them, you are chasing, not attacking and MIGHT get 1 more hit in.

A much better way to use the 3 sparks is HF+Bash+Cleave. The dmg from those 3 hits will be more than the 2-3 hits you get in before kited. Here's the math for it. Bash ammped 80-100% hits harder than Atmos Strike on spark and HF hits harder than any of your other attack on spark, since your Atmos is not c/d yet, Cleave ampped hits harder than any third hit that you might get in. On top of the fact that HF+Bash is a insta-tick AND that they are stunned for 6 seconds after tick and still have amp on them, you can keep the stun chain going if you are over 89 and use Aeolian if under.

Edit: I've also been generous about how many hits you can get in. If I use quick skills, Fan, Sweep and Ray, I can only get those in during the full 6 seconds. If you spark after Roar, you can probably get 2 normal hits in max or 1 skill hit.

I might sound like an axe-**** here, but the HF combo is just better and no reason for you not to use it if you have all weapons, unless you just perfer sword. Preference aside, if we are talking more dmg in combo, HF>Spark.

To stay on topic, use Will if you decided to spark on someone o_o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sewagerat - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Lol at this thread, changed so much from the start. WHAT ARE THE VENOS DOING I THE BM FORUMS!? Anyways, there are 2 spark pots so alls good.

BTW, Triple Spark + 2 spark pot + Ulti (Sage/Demon) --> Death