wy does PW go fast?

Fairylink - Dreamweaver
Fairylink - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
some times i log on and my guy moves really fast then goes back were he was ad i cant click on mobs or anyother guy how do i fix it?
Post edited by Fairylink - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Saveless - Sanctuary
    Saveless - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Click your heels 3 times and make a wish.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    "I dont think we're in Kansa anymore Toto".... pfft she would have been if she had the rubber band glitch
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    OMG!!!y u speedhack????
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This sounds a lot like the infamous "rubber band" glitch. It's a known problem since the last few patches, but they haven't fixed it yet.

It's caused by static buildup in the communication lines, forcing a feedback in the code that resets your position, and is especially bad with dial-up (god help you, that's not something devs can fix). Try placing a dryer sheet just inside your hardware casing (make sure it doesn't touch any circuitry!). If you're really desperate, a second one tied around your modem or DSL cable might help (the router's cable, if you do wireless).
    Unplug your computer for one hour (to let the static dissipate), and hopefully you should notice a reduction in glitching.

*Please note, this is only a temporary fix until they patch the bug.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Please try this first before assuming it is the glitch:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=741721&postcount=7

Also try reviewing the networking info in my signature below. Let us know what you try, what errors you got, etc.

I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.