Reset map?

2»

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the unnamed game opens again this weekend

People greatly overestimate the effect that game will have on PWI's player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    exent wrote: »
    And last time I checked, Warlords still owned the entire map over there.

That's the thing some players don't understand. We are not talking theories and rumors here... On any other server (much older servers), when 1 faction manages to get the upper hand in TW, all hope is lost. No other faction, no alliance, not strategy manages to push them back.

The owners of the map keep getting richer and richer, hence more powerful every week. All high level mercenaries who play to win wanna join them. They don't get weaker with time, they only get stronger...

I would really like to know what makes PWI so special that this won't happen here?

However, it would be extremely unfair for the faction that did mange to get the whole map to loose it all in a blink of an eye. Anyway, they would probably just retake it all in a few weeks...

You need to re-read the thread better. PW-MY has kept it that way for years. Meanwhile, PW-PH reset it after only a year & no faction had even completely taken over the map. In both cases, PH & MY, those versions are independently contracted & managed (like a franchise version) not directly connected to the Beijing mother company. Both have shown that they make very different decisions considering the outcome of TW. Considering they made completely opposite decisions, your "We are not talking theories and rumors here..." quote is innaccurate.

PWI is the ONLY version of PW (as stated by corporate execs & GMs) that IS directly owned & operated by the parent corpration in Beijing, rather then a franchised version. As such, the ONLY version we can look at to determine what they will do, is PW-China. I dont know the history of TW on that version & its servers, but thats where we have to look.
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You need to re-read the thread better. PW-MY has kept it that way for years. Meanwhile, PW-PH reset it after only a year & no faction had even completely taken over the map. In both cases, PH & MY, those versions are independently contracted & managed (like a franchise version) not directly connected to the Beijing mother company. Both have shown that they make very different decisions considering the outcome of TW. Considering they made completely opposite decisions, your "We are not talking theories and rumors here..." quote is innaccurate.

PWI is the ONLY version of PW (as stated by corporate execs & GMs) that IS directly owned & operated by the parent corpration in Beijing, rather then a franchised version. As such, the ONLY version we can look at to determine what they will do, is PW-China. I dont know the history of TW on that version & its servers, but thats where we have to look.

I think you missunderstood me. The rumor I'm refering to is not the reset of territories... The rumor I'm refering to is that a faction cannot hold on the whole map forever...

I very well know PWI can reset the TW map if they want to.

Sorry if my post wasn't clear enough...
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hey GMs/Mods,

Please confirm/deny the possibility of a map reset on any of the maligned TW servers (Sanctuary in particular). What conditions must be met for PWE to consider such a drastic action?

Being a risk-free pvp environment, TW is arguably one of the most enjoyable end-game activities for a huge portion of your player base. At present, and I can only speak for Sanctuary, 99% of the players don't get to experience this beyond a 6-10 minute zerg crush from their opponent (either Nefarious or Legendary). Is there nothing that can be done?

I know your company is not above sweeping gameplay changes at the drop of a hat, so what can you do for these players? Inevitability states that given time every player on the server could potentially be lvl 100+ with the gear to match, but I think there has to be a large chunk that want to TW but will never have the dedication or time to reach that lvl.

Suggestions?

-Allow more than 3 simultaneous attacks/defenses.

-Create a new category for TW factions OR reduce maximum faction size to 100 players.

-Curb the coin payout for land-owning factions. A reward is nice for winning a TW but if you examine Sanctuary's map the amount of coin Nefarious and Legendary receive each week is absurd. How do you expect other factions to possibly compete with that much sheer CASH? It's not competitive at this point.

-ENFORCE YOUR OWN TW RULES. Recently a faction challenged and obtained both lvl 1 lands on Sanctuary (Nefarious now controls both Archosaur and 1k Streams). I can only assume such a rule was designed to prevent exactly what is happening - a singular faction dominating the entire map.

Anyhow those are just off the top of my head, I'm sure if your team sat down and examined the problem for a few hours you could come up with a balanced, fair, fun, and sustainable system for everyone to enjoy. It's not impossible, nor do I imagine it would be that hard.

You guys nerfed our genies and you nerfed our economy. All that's left is flesh ream and TW. Let's go! b:thanksb:victoryb:pleased
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    -Curb the coin payout for land-owning factions. A reward is nice for winning a TW but if you examine Sanctuary's map the amount of coin Nefarious and Legendary receive each week is absurd. How do you expect other factions to possibly compete with that much sheer CASH? It's not competitive at this point.

I love that suggestion the best. Making it less rewarding will make them less eager to defend them all and give a fighting chance to the others.

Also, bonus side effect... It would fight the inflation, so gold prices will go down!
    edited September 2009
    -Allow more than 3 simultaneous attacks/defenses.

This is already possible, BUT its based on having enough TWs on a weekend to overcome the 3 TW limitation. There's 7 possible TW schedule times, roughly at; Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night, Saturday afternoon, Sunday Afternoon, Saturday morning, Sunday Morning (in order of use, if the nights arent full, the dont go to afternoons, and the morning arent used until both night & afternoons are full). With 7 times, 6 being 3 defenses each & the 7th being an offense, the limit, while obeying these rules, is 19 TWs on a weekend. Once going beyond that, i think they 1st schedule defenses on the same slot as the guild's offense. Then beyond 22, they start putting more then 3 per slot, 1st 4 at each, & beyond 29 they'd go to a 5th per slot, and on from there. If a guild had all 42 territories (but then, no offense obviously) they could see 6 TWs simultaniously at each slot, IF that many lands were attacked.
    edited September 2009
    Hey GMs/Mods,
    -ENFORCE YOUR OWN TW RULES. Recently a faction challenged and obtained both lvl 1 lands on Sanctuary (Nefarious now controls both Archosaur and 1k Streams). I can only assume such a rule was designed to prevent exactly what is happening - a singular faction dominating the entire map.

That rule is outdated. If you read the TW manual, it states that you cant fly in TW either. They changed many rules, and just havent updated the "TW manual" at the website. If they were to enforce the rules in there, you can wave good bye to your flyer in TW also.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Look how many factions are attacking CQ this weekend..... 15 or 16?

If that happens every weekend, the map won't stay completely red for long. b:laugh

yes it will,dont be a fool
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    CQ can wipe out most of those guilds with just one party.

x2 b:bye
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That rule is outdated. If you read the TW manual, it states that you cant fly in TW either. They changed many rules, and just havent updated the "TW manual" at the website. If they were to enforce the rules in there, you can wave good bye to your flyer in TW also.

Believe it or not, this would not upset me. (see my class) :P
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well lets talk about the Radiance like 17 TWs in one weekend about 13 of those TWs couldve been won with 2 or 3 squads so having these reali weak guilds attacking doesnt reali help because it splits up the stronger guild sso if u have 3 of the strongest guilds attacking CQ every week then yes they will lose. But if u have these "noobs" attacking each week u split up the times on the 3 strongest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brutal1111
    brutal1111 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So uhh... what happened b:chuckle
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    just because you can't take on CQ doesn't mean the devs/gm's will fix it for you.
  • brutal1111
    edited September 2009
    just because you can't take on CQ doesn't mean the devs/gm's will fix it for you.

lolwut?b:puzzled
  • brutal1111
    edited September 2009
    When is the last time you've had to participate in 17 TWs in one weekend? Sure, CQ will win most of them I have no doubt about that. Nice to see you've pulled your magical crystal ball out your **** and can fortell the future... I know this cause your post stinks of ****, much like your attitude. lol :P

Unlike many, I have nothing against CQ... they worked hard and got their land fair and square, but hey, they've lost TWs in the past that everyone expected them to win, and I don't care who the guilds are... having enough people on during all those times to fight all those TWs isn't going to be a walk through the park, as much as you'd like to pretend.

lol and you called me the crack smoker. hahaha

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/llamapi3/after.jpg

..one MORE land for CQ b:thanksb:pleased
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i dont ever pay attenchen to the map or even care who has it all.Just a game not real life.I guess its cool if u have no life.
  • brutal1111
    edited September 2009
    i dont ever pay attenchen to the map or even care who has it all.Just a game not real life.I guess its cool if u have no life.

So playing PWI means I have no life right? Since TW and the map is big part of the game? Conclusion: you have no life since you play PWI and are almost level 90? b:shutup
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    brutal1111 wrote: »
    So playing PWI means I have no life right? Since TW and the map is big part of the game? Conclusion: you have no life since you play PWI and are almost level 90? b:shutup

lol look its the troll again QQ
    troll2.jpg
  • brutal1111
    edited September 2009
    lol look its the troll again QQ
    troll2.jpg

That's the best you can come up with? twice? b:surrender