Worst Stretch of WQ?

Options
2»

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you gets books 1-4, the cost to teleport to all of them is about 5K. 5K versus the time it would take to fly/ride to those 4 stops. I don't understand why you wouldn't teleport to those first 4 books. The only reason I wouldn't is if I went from 2->4. Village of Brutes is a quick ride/flight from Broken Bridge.

I always teleport from South Arch to 1K Streams. Since I get a free teleport back to Arch from the Pup, I'm only paying 4k each way. That's worth it to me even over teleporting to Lost and flying/riding the rest of the way.
    I teleport 1-5. if I skip 5 I take the pup back to arch. I usually fly the rest, if I know I'm not going to finish it before work I'll use my factions free teleport to 11 and fly everything else aside from running on mount 15-16 if need be. If I'm not doing anything else I'll run from 22/23 to 29 as well, then hop the free tp to the top left of the map and run on mount down to 30, then free pup back
    Hehe yeah, some are actually fun to jump on a mount and run to. I can understand though why you two would teleport for the first four/five. And the funny thing is, it only takes a few DQ items to make up the cost. Personally, I try not to, as I'm the type who will excuse one teleport with another and find myself simply paying for it left and right when I'm supposed to be saving coin for these expensive skills.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    All of the above. Not looking forward to having to do WQ again.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hehe yeah, some are actually fun to jump on a mount and run to.

Yeah, I used to love running 5-10 with only one stop/fly/stop/mount from 5-6 but now I'm almost always doing something else so I fly it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    9-12 skip. best.... skip.... everrrrr....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I hate going to 11, even if I do have a free faction teleport there. It's just so damn far away from EVERYTHING else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i usually do wq while i'm working though lately i've be avoiding it since CS gives more exp =P

also my least fav stretch is the end because i always get attacked by bunnies talking to the painter, stuck on the sails of the boat talking to the foreigner, and then theres the long flight to 1k streams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    heh, no, to me, WQ is relaxing, because then i can chat with others, check my mail/forums/get a drink or nosh...something i cant do in battle. i ride my horse part of the time, just to enjoy the beauty of it and take screeshots (ok, so im in love with my white horse! you would be too, this is the closest i'll ever come to a Lippizaner, or a Companion!^_^) i never, ever tele, too expensive. i do take the cube back from 1K Streams, though im always nervous about PKers in there, and go in ready to run like hell
    Flying to save tele costs on 1-5 is putting an extremely low value on your time. If you can't more than make up the tele cost grinding with the time you saved, you have a problem.

Misfortune is a dead end. If I can skip it, its a good WQ. If I skip stop 10 as well, its a great WQ. If I ever get lucky enough to get 9, [skip], 12, [skip], 15 I will stop doing WQ forever as it will never get better than that.

The long eastward stretch after 15/16 is a pain. The landscape is all broken so you cannot effectively use a land mount and the teleport routes for the most part don't connect east west through the south portion of the map. Getting from 15/16 to 20+ is a bigger time waster (or tele cost sink) than the final run out to 30.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wow, I'm actually really surprised so many people voted for [1~5]. As others have pointed out, this section can be done extremely quickly for a total of 5,400 coin:

1. Archo-Lost (1000)
    2. Lost-Broken (200)
    3. Broken-Lost (200)
    4. Lost-Etherblade (1000)
    5. Etherblade-Timberfield (200)
    6. Timberfield-Etherblade (200)
    7. Etherblade-Plume (1000)
    8. Plume-Brutes (200)
    9. Brutes-Plume (200)
    10. Plume-Lost (1000)
    11. Lost-Wellspring (200)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wow, I'm actually really surprised so many people voted for [1~5]. As others have pointed out, this section can be done extremely quickly for a total of 5,400 coin:

1. Archo-Lost (1000)
    2. Lost-Broken (200)
    3. Broken-Lost (200)
    4. Lost-Etherblade (1000)
    5. Etherblade-Timberfield (200)
    6. Timberfield-Etherblade (200)
    7. Etherblade-Plume (1000)
    8. Plume-Brutes (200)
    9. Brutes-Plume (200)
    10. Plume-Lost (1000)
    11. Lost-Wellspring (200)

This is exactly what i do for 1-5. Even if getting every book in that segment, it takes MAX 10 minutes & 5400 coin to complete that batch. Compared to 30+ minutes if i flew that batch? 5400 coin is 1.5 DQ drops, which could easily be made in the saved 20 minutes, or just in general whatever activity i do in the 20 minutes i saved, i'm bound to make 5400 coin.

If 5 is skipped, i cube port from a city to archo & fly to 6 or 7. Everything after i fly. I didnt vote because i cant decide if 11-15, or 16-20 is worse, as the both cover the same approximate long distance. And 26-30 is bad if only because 27/8/9->30 is soooooo long.

Best time saver skips = 2->5, 9->12, 12->15 or 14->17 (cant get both), & 19->22.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    28. I frequently get ambushed by the evil bunnies lurking in the shadows D:

LOL, I started leaving my Nix out on auto defend after seeing a few dead afk WQrs at that spot. There are also 2 other places outside cities that have mobs that I have seen kill WQrs on rare occasions.

Overall WQ is starting to get annoying for the level of XP it gives. Better than nothing but I think either they should up the XP or increase the number of randomly skipped NPC stops.
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Overall WQ is starting to get annoying for the level of XP it gives. Better than nothing but I think either they should up the XP or increase the number of randomly skipped NPC stops.

You're right on the verge of the next exp tier for WQ:

70-79: 100k
    80-89: 200k
    90-99: 300k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You're right on the verge of the next exp tier for WQ:

70-79: 100k
    80-89: 200k
    90-99: 300k

TY for reminding me, however it also reminds me that while it will take about 21 mil XP to get from lvl 70-80, it will take about 67 mil XP to get from 80 to 90.

So percentage wise the amount of XP that will be contributed by WQ is decreasing.