rules of PWI?

OlivarraX - Heavens Tear
OlivarraX - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
i just wonder if there is a list with all the rules of PWI. Because i searched a lot and i can't find them =S. Or a list with all the bannables actions.

OlivarraX
Post edited by OlivarraX - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The ToS (Terms of Service) is probably your best bet. Other than that, just look around the website and forums, and you should be ok. Of course, having common sense and caution works too. Just don't do things you think could potentially get you banned and you should be ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Here are the forum rules:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291

And here are all of the rules for the games and website:

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

tl;drb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In the User conduct section, we have this as being a bannable ofense..

(k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;

I guess this means that there are authorised exploits. What are they? I also guess this means people can be easily banned on a whim. Is there a list of authorised and unauthorised exploits? Is using the F9 screenshot camera zoom to look through the walls an exploit? I would guess I am not the only one who would like to know what we can do. There are things I can do that may be an intended game feature, or may be an unintended feature (also known as an unintended consequance). There may be a fine line between being creative in how to play the game and doing something bannable. Banning for using a game glitch to ruin another players fun makes sense. Banning for doing something that harms no other player makes no sense.

I am not the only one who would like to know what we can be banned for that can easily appear to be rather benign and no worse than an unintentional game feature that someone else may wish to call an exploit.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In the User conduct section, we have this as being a bannable ofense..

(k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;

I guess this means that there are authorised exploits. What are they? I also guess this means people can be easily banned on a whim. Is there a list of authorised and unauthorised exploits? Is using the F9 screenshot camera zoom to look through the walls an exploit? I would guess I am not the only one who would like to know what we can do. There are things I can do that may be an intended game feature, or may be an unintended feature (also known as an unintended consequance). There may be a fine line between being creative in how to play the game and doing something bannable. Banning for using a game glitch to ruin another players fun makes sense. Banning for doing something that harms no other player makes no sense.

I am not the only one who would like to know what we can be banned for that can easily appear to be rather benign and no worse than an unintentional game feature that someone else may wish to call an exploit.
    We don't just make up definitions so we're not going to all of a sudden ban someone for something random, and it's vague because new exploits can surface constantly, so a list would become quickly outdated.

It's really common sense, utilizing unauthorized exploits means exactly what it sounds like. If it seems like you shouldn't be able to do it then you probably shouldn't, but of course if you do something accidentally we're not going to ban you.

I'm not going to get into a debate about our terms though, they are written that way for a reason, trust me on that b:victory

Also don't ask for unauthorized exploits, the reason why they are not listed is because people would try them if they were, and we definitely do not want that
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Is using the F9 screenshot camera zoom to look through the walls an exploit?

specifically, to [removed]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    specifically, to look[removed]...

*cough* Exploit *cough*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    specifically, to [removed]

thanks for clarifying that doing that is, in fact, an exploit and bannable b:victory

(i'm not being sarcastic, i actually did want to know... there's been alot of discussion about it for a while)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni