Can Archers Solo AoE Grind?

Seraphe - Dreamweaver
Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
I was wondering if we are able to AoE grind when we get to 59 and learn Barrages of Arrows?
Currently I feel I am a few hundred thousand coin short than I would like to know if this is a valid method.
Also if not does anyone know a good spot to grind solely for coin + DQ items around my level?
Post edited by Seraphe - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No

First you will waste a TON on mp charms.
    Second you need a cleric to heal you.

I guess it would be possible to do with just an archer and a cleric while **** your charm. Although I haven't heard of it being done before.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    you have like 2 aoe skills that work at melee, your 2spark aoe stops if the mob you casts on dies (so if you crit unluckily v.v), and finally your shield would pop too fast...absorbing what? 800+ damage before it pops?

also, bms have high pdef, a pdef buff, and a self heal, they also have like...lawd knows how many aoes and stuns. they can solo aoe melees fine; on the other hand clerics have high mdef, mdef buff, self heals/purifies, they can solo aoe magics fine.

archers just take too much damage because both their pdef and mdef are very mediocre and they lack self heals

no cleric would aoe w/ an archer because hovering above a bm would be so much better >.>
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes, you can solo aoe level. Use Barrage and Wingspan. Get Tangling Mire on genie. Use potions. Fastest way to solo grind for archer. If I want to knock some quest mobs out I generally do about 3-5 of them. With a cleric healing me I can aoe about 10-15 mobs at a time using holy path to round them up.
  • Dutchman - Harshlands
    Dutchman - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    at that lvl, i grinded almost solely on air mobs. lvl 60 foxwings outside etherblade, then the bats just east from dreaming cloud (far south of the map), then the lvl 68 bats in the swamp. You should be able to make about 100k per hour grinding on those mobs (frost - regular - regular - knockback obviously)
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I was wondering if we are able to AoE grind when we get to 59 and learn Barrages of Arrows?
    Currently I feel I am a few hundred thousand coin short than I would like to know if this is a valid method.
    Also if not does anyone know a good spot to grind solely for coin + DQ items around my level?

a nice place to barrage when you have it at lvl 2 is near tusk town on the 3 gang leaders grouped at a hut thing, not great loot but fast spawn and they are justice quest mobs + normal quest mobs ^^

and the gilded princess right by them drop element essence which you can sell to lower lvls in yer catshop for 5-10k because they need it for quests ^^

EDIT:
    i don't use a mana charm i use winged shell lvl 9 and event mp (forgot what it's called)
    and i also use wingsapn and earthquake from my genie (**** damage but 10 metre knockback ftw)

BM'S ARE BETTER BECAUSE IT'S THEIR JOB!!!!!! LOL
    archers snipe things when they aren't lookin' >.>
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes, you can solo aoe level. Use Barrage and Wingspan. Get Tangling Mire on genie. Use potions. Fastest way to solo grind for archer. If I want to knock some quest mobs out I generally do about 3-5 of them. With a cleric healing me I can aoe about 10-15 mobs at a time using holy path to round them up.

You have intrigued me.

Can I meet up with you to see a demonstration?
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You have intrigued me.

Can I meet up with you to see a demonstration?

Sure, pm me in game sometime.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i was zhening once only...and then went aoe grinding with a BM...and LOL was it awesomeb:laugh

i got less exp then when im kiling petaliis tho :/
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just duo with a BM. That's what I do. The BM rounds up mobs then AOE stuns. When he does that, I sharptooth and then usually use Thunder Blast while he's doing his AOEs. Mobs die extremely fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]