Need pet help please.

cloezy1
cloezy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
So far I have made up my mind about some of my pets.

Air: Sawfly
Ground Pdef tank: Crystaline Magmite
Ground Mdef tank: Frogling/Antelope Pup

But I don't have an idea for a water pet. I would really really like to level a decent water pet. In fact, if anyone has any ideas for a pdef and a pmag water pet, please let me know.
(\-/)
(o.o)

This is Bunny. Bunny wants to Rule the world.
Put this in your sig to help Bunny to World Domination.
Post edited by cloezy1 on

Comments

• Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Turtles are the best option u can find they since low level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Turtles for physical, mermaids for magical.

But there are big gaps in the levels of water quests - you'll find it very hard to get a turtle across from mid 20s up to 40s for the next quest. So a lot of people (myself included) just give up, put the egg in the bank and skip to the next turtle up. Which works just fine.
  • NhiNhanh - Lost City
    NhiNhanh - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i only got a low lvl turtle just to lure for few stuffs... I didn't even bother lvling it... My first water pet was lvl 80 tamed like most venomancers do to water grind 80-90. You can always use ur sawfly to grind water mob if you want to. All you have to do is fly close to the water, use an attack to lure ur target, fly up a lil bit to lure the mob closer to the surface. As soon as the mob is near the surface ur sawfly will atk it and it will keep aggro. You can kill water mobs like that. This is assuming the water isnt too deep. If its too deep... wont be able to do it that easily.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just tame a water pet near your level and don't bother leveling them up. Dispose and get a new one as you lvele up.

You spend very little time in the water and if you really wanted to you can avoid all water quests.

I personally hate the water. You move so slow and the scenery is boring. I trashed 80+% of my water quests.

If you want the 50% XP bonus grind on air mob.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think level 84 is mostly water quests, and at 80 you can get a plumpfish which is comparable to a lvl 5 start turtle at same level but faster/ smaller and slightly lighter hitting. One of the quests I ended up luring about 80 mobs on. For that you may want one of the nice speedy mermaids that probably won't matter if leveled or not.

When you get close to reaching level 80, I'd start saving your water quests to level the plumpfish with.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    I think level 84 is mostly water quests, and at 80 you can get a plumpfish which is comparable to a lvl 5 start turtle at same level but faster/ smaller and slightly lighter hitting. One of the quests I ended up luring about 80 mobs on. For that you may want one of the nice speedy mermaids that probably won't matter if leveled or not.

When you get close to reaching level 80, I'd start saving your water quests to level the plumpfish with.

Sound Advice.

As for your Death Dancer (Mermaid), what did you do to level that?

THX
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne