Debuffing Pet

Chobsi - Heavens Tear
Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
There may be a post about this I tried searching but it's hard when the keyword pet doesn't work so sorry if this is a repeat b:surrender

Whats the best pet to get for debuffing in groups. I found the pets with debuffs help the groups out just as much as a dps pet and I like it for dueling and such. Thank b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
"Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
"Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
"So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
~Chobsi b:cute
Post edited by Chobsi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Antlers - Heavens Tear
    Antlers - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Try getting an antelope pup. Theyve got a nice thing that lowers mage def.
  • Della_Brown - Heavens Tear
    Della_Brown - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=358992
    http://pw-wiki.onlinewelten.com/Pet%20Guide%20-%20Pet%20Skills.ashx (see the above link for names, if needed)

Howl and Pierce can be bought, and applied to any pet. Howl does come on the Antelope Pup, though, saving 750k. My veno is still broke from spending that on the beetle. b:sad

Most links I can easily find for what pets come with what skills seem to be dead, but I'm sure there's at least two sites still up that have them.

Edit: found it: http://snowbloom.110mb.com/pi.htm
    Click on the bold and underlined name of the critter to get to the family list.

The pup does come with a bash (icecicle), and howl, though, and runs at 7m/s. If you're not too concerned with physical defense, it's not so bad. I'm trying to raise mine up, but it is kind of squishy.
    "adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:" - Santacruz
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah well I have a mastiff of the great divide with either rank 2 or 3 I'm not sure which of howl just wondering if theres one that comes with a higher level or even better has howl and pierce for groups.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you're looking for an epic debuff pet, I'd suggest a Lunar Lupin. Those things come with level 5 howl, way before you can get it. I think they're around 50, or something close. They also only have Flesh Ream, meaning you've got two more free slots for whatever.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you're looking for an epic debuff pet, I'd suggest a Lunar Lupin. Those things come with level 5 howl, way before you can get it. I think they're around 50, or something close. They also only have Flesh Ream, meaning you've got two more free slots for whatever.
    They are all-around a really good pet (it's a higher level version of the Wolven Guardsman on ecatomb). Decent hp, good pdef and especially good mdef so they make decent tanks, and fast speed so can be used to pull. In fact, they are better than a kowlin at everything except attack rating and running speed.

Their only weakness is mediocre damage - just slightly higher than a cub's. But if you're using it in a group, the increased magic damage due to Howl 5 is going to far exceed the loss in pet damage.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    They are all-around a really good pet (it's a higher level version of the Wolven Guardsman on ecatomb). Decent hp, good pdef and especially good mdef so they make decent tanks, and fast speed so can be used to pull. In fact, they are better than a kowlin at everything except attack rating and running speed.

Their only weakness is mediocre damage - just slightly higher than a cub's. But if you're using it in a group, the increased magic damage due to Howl 5 is going to far exceed the loss in pet damage.

Unless its against (?) bosses.... or the party only have physical damage people (except for the veno).
    Besides that, great pet (I have one as well)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Unless its against (?) bosses.... or the party only have physical damage people (except for the veno).
    Speaking of physical damage, I should point out that a barbarian who's maxed his Devour skill can debuff pdef by 50%. So make sure you coordinate with your barb before overwriting his debuff with Ironwood (40% for Sage version) or the pet's Pierce (max 36%).

(Devour costs your barb 35 chi, so make sure you pass him a spark instead of using it on your own Ironwood.)