Demon Fox Wallop

Options
Solandri - Heavens Tear
Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
The description says it has a 20% chance of making all hits critical for the next 5 seconds.

Is that all of the veno's hits, or everyone's hits on that target? i.e. Is it a buff that's applied to yourself causing your hits to automatically critical? Or is a debuff applied to the target which causes all hits it receives to automatically critical?
Post edited by Solandri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I never seen a debuff that causes all hits on a target to be critical, but I have seen a buff that causes the target to deal all crits. So I'd say it's the former. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's a buff for yourself making your next hits for x amount of seconds to become criticals. I can't see the crits being anything good since the base fox damage isn't that high ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's a buff for yourself making your next hits for x amount of seconds to become criticals. I can't see the crits being anything good since the base fox damage isn't that high ._.

I had always imagined a good use for it would be by waiting for Fox timer to cooldown, Fox Wallop, transform into human and launch Ironwood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    20% chance though, seems very low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah, seems like it's not that great then. Demon fox wallop doubles damage for 5 sec 20% of the time:
    0.2*2 + 0.8*1 = 1.2
    a 20% increase

Sage melee mastery = 200% increase to melee damage instead of 150%

At level 90 a heavy fox will have 227 str, so the damage increase will be:
    (1 + 2*227/300 + 2) / (1 + 2*227/300 +1.5) = 1.125
    a 12.5% increase

At level 90 a light fox will have 94 str, so the damage increase will be:
    (1 + 2*94/300 + 2) / (1 + 2*94/300 +1.5) = 1.16
    a 16% increase

So demon is moderately more damage on average, but that's assuming you can build up enough chi to fire fox wallop every 5 sec. If it had made everyone's hits critical then the skill would be godly, on par with amp. Which is why I had to ask.
  • Devil - Harshlands
    Devil - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Too bad no one will ever get this skillbook has less than 1% chance to drop from two bosses in fb99. Why do they make it near impossible to get all of the sage and demon books?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]