Disappearing Terrain

Seraphe - Dreamweaver
Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
Ok I have a slight graphical issue that I noticed started to occur from the latest patch. In certain areas depending on my camera view which is usually a birds eye view at an angle entire patches of terrain will vanish.

If there is a hill the texture of the hill will vanish and I can see all the mobs on the other side as if it was glass. Occurs very often on flat grounds as well. It is both very irritating and even disorientating if the terrain chooses to flicker from showing its dark texture to none at all usually showing a very light grey area.

I played around with the settings & even went onto default but nothing seems to fix this. If there is any solution to this I will be very grateful to know. Thank you in advance.
Post edited by Seraphe - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Sorry for the late reply...

When I try to use DXDiag I get this error...

dxdiag.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\dxgi.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Trying Installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I attempted to download an updated DxDiag but it didn't seem to do anything nor did any of my windows updates... sorry I am not exactly computer savvy. D:
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2009
    Go here and download and reinstall DirectX:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

Let us know if that fixes your problem.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Surtr wrote: »
    Go here and download and reinstall DirectX:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

Let us know if that fixes your problem.

Well I downloaded and installed the the DirectX but nothing appears to have changed... and I still can't access the command dxdiag. b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    What is the make and exact model number of your computer?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    What is the make and exact model number of your computer?

Model: EMACHINES W3619

I believe that is what you wanted yes? I know it is an Emachine but the game worked just fine when I was first playing it. b:surrender
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    @Seraphe

This is your PC?

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/emachines-w3619-celeron-d/4507-3118_7-32425807.html

If so, you do not have enough RAM to run Vista decently, much less a 3d intensive game on top of it.

The video chipset in it barely meets the minimum system requirements to run the game. Because it shares resources like RAM and the CPU, your whole system is crippled because the CPU (Celeron D) and low RAM (512MB) is being overworked trying to run the game.

Please upgrade to a video card made in the last 2-3 years if you can, and upgrade to 1-2GB of RAM. You might be able to run the game ok then, but you may also need to upgrade to a more powerful power supply unit.
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    @Seraphe

This is your PC?

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/emachines-w3619-celeron-d/4507-3118_7-32425807.html

If so, you do not have enough RAM to run Vista decently, much less a 3d intensive game on top of it.

The video chipset in it barely meets the minimum system requirements to run the game. Because it shares resources like RAM and the CPU, your whole system is crippled because the CPU (Celeron D) and low RAM (512MB) is being overworked trying to run the game.

Please upgrade to a video card made in the last 2-3 years if you can, and upgrade to 1-2GB of RAM. You might be able to run the game ok then, but you may also need to upgrade to a more powerful power supply unit.

Hm I know i've upgraded its Ram in the past to be able to play another game but not the graphic card. I played this game just fine til just a few weeks ago. Did one of your patches upgrade the overall graphics of the game? :(
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    may i ask do you only notice this when flying in the air etc or high up looking over terrain ? and what is your graphics settings set to ?
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    may i ask do you only notice this when flying in the air etc or high up looking over terrain ? and what is your graphics settings set to ?

Itll occur regardless of flight or if i'm moving on the ground.
    And as for settings I've tried everything.... even the lowest settings will do this. b:cry
This discussion has been closed.