New Cube Chest

Options
ufop
ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
ok i know theres alot of threads about the new chest that contains 1mill coins just thought i would put a poll up see how many people think this should be changed.I think its a waste of space having to spend almost 1mill coin for a perfect hammer to open a chest with 1mill in it,I was looking to the new patch when i read the reward was going to change and then to find out PWI put in another way for them to make more money while the player gets nothing why not just give 1mill coins after all it costs normally more than that to complete cube anyways not at of your losing money.....and as i read the info i thought PWI was also making the reward for completing room 60 better but you still get just one cube coin chitty im the first person on Dreamweaver to get the second necklace from cube coins wwish it had better stats for the 50 odd mill it cost.........anyway vote on here if you think they should change the chest to something that dont cost the player gold to open.
Post edited by ufop on

Comments

• david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Where is the option: "Get rid of it"?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What else can be in the necklace other than the coins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Free 1 mil coin... hmmm, lets see.... gold price going up to 1mil each? very soon.

Hammer is a great idea for the coin case.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    david12345 wrote: »

This.

10char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'd say getting rid of the god damn cube chest would be a way to settle gold prices, or at least get rid of them in rebirth. Rebirth is the main way people get those god damn boxes. Cube of fate is limited to once per day, but rebirth is unlimited as long as you have the orders needed.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Like the other said : get rid of it.

There is already too much coins on the servers already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Make the Iron Hammer a random reward from completing World Quest. That would solve a lot of problems imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mantas - Sanctuary
    Mantas - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Like the other said : get rid of it.

There is already too much coins on the servers already.
    Yeah i agree. I think its best option.
    Make the Iron Hammer a random reward from completing World Quest. That would solve a lot of problems imo.
    Its interesting suggestion but u know then all lvl50 and lvl60 begin qqing about that they cant use them.
    b:laughb:chuckleb:pleasedb:cuteb:victoryb:thanks
    No, i just LOVE these smiles
    and...
    yes, my english sucks but if u able to answer to my post than u understood what i wanted to say b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ya give ti to wq plz b:surrender
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    david12345 wrote: »

Also agreeing on this one.
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I was going to put an option get rid of it but i do think that for completing the cube you should get something...get rid of it from Rebirths yes random quests give perfect iron hammer yeah could be but as for the post saying free 1mill gold prices go up to 1mill per gold lol,if for completing the cube you got all the normal stuff +1mill coin it wouldnt affect gold prices the option 1mill free to open is just a way of saying instead of getting a chest that cost 5 gold to open you get 1mill coins for completing cube.There is not alot of people playing the cube the pk rooms are chit due to hardly anyone coming inside and after 20mins of waiting you still have to start again the cost on average for me to complete cube is 450k if i hit no lucky rooms sometimes more sometimes less.Now if people knew that if you complete cube at certain lvl you not only get lots of exp but 1mill of coin people would play the cube more.I wouldnt even mind if the exp was increased for hi lvl i mean at lvl 60 u get 300k which is alot of the lvl me at 96 get 450k which is .2% so its not alot at all.The room 50-60 yes yes probably most other classes cant finish it but i have and spent alot on them damn rooms and alll you get is 1 coin for room 60 1 coin!!!! even if u get 2 moves each time its costs around 800k-1.6mill each time yes u can get a cube coin from rrom 52/gear of fate room/roulett room so you can get upto 4 per run but its rare to get coin from the roulete and gears of fate room so necklace with+8 str +8vit +1 defence lvl costs 79 cube coins and 1 coin can convert to 2 do-all cards which i normally buy for 50k-90k so for a coin that you cant trade or sell you have to pay say 800k for 1 thats 63mill for the necklace the stats on it should be SUPER like 10%hp 10%MP str +15 mag +15/vit 15/dex 15
    the defence lvl is the same as an item with 1% dmg reduction it ****.
    Anyway yeah i should have put the option get rid of it but they need to put something in that makes the cube more worth playing
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Have the current ones cease to drop, but leave as they are. Add a new one in cube that's has a value of 1,100,000 but has a vendor value of 400,000, add a new one to rebirth that's opens for 600,000 and has a vendor value of 60,000.

Worthless chest problem solved.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    free to open? rofl **** no.... dont want cube to be a beez nest its already nasty as it is. The last thing u want in timed rooms are lag nor a chip room with a line or a KS fest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    IF PWI really was worried about gold prices, they would sell the hammer for 2Gold 50 silver ...

Selling a Hammer For 5 gold to open a box with 1million coins it's about the same As adding an NPC in game Wich sells gold for 200k each permanently .

Think about it As long as theres chests with 1million coins wich can be opened by 5gold thats setting the gold price at 200k each and no EVENT ending or starting will change it.

AT THE MOMENT PWI DECIDES HOW MANY COINS 1 GOLD IS WORTH, NOT THE PLAYERS OR THE MARKET.
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • Artiex - Sanctuary
    Artiex - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Just simply wait people, in a couple more days-weeks the gold prices will drop to 140-150k again. And the chest aren't setting gold prices to 200k, thats a dumb idea. Jolly Jones, and dragon orb sale are the reason gold prices are as high as they are. Just hold on to your boxes, they'll be profitable in the future.

People complained at how expensive it is to go through cube, and this is what pwi have suggested to lower the cost of it. In do time, I estimate that that the coin boxes will reduce the cost of cube by 100-200k alone. Just not during all of these crazy sales.
    Think about it As long as theres chests with 1million coins wich can be opened by 5gold thats setting the gold price at 200k each and no EVENT ending or starting will change it.

AT THE MOMENT PWI DECIDES HOW MANY COINS 1 GOLD IS WORTH, NOT THE PLAYERS OR THE MARKET.

I do believe that players have common sense, to set gold prices so that an item is at least profitable. Your thought is based on silly assumptions that people don't care whether to make an item profitable or not. That players greed and competition for gaining coins will drive gold prices so that items are no longer profitable to use.
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    We will see who is dumb..
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    IF PWI really was worried about gold prices, they would sell the hammer for 2Gold 50 silver ...

That would make gold be "worth" close to 400k instead of the 200k you are complaining already about as being too high. How would that help the gold prices????

1,000,000/2.5 = 400k coins per unit of gold.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I like it the way it is.

Encourages people to buy gold, so keeps PWI happy and employed.
    Will keep gold prices highish (I'd expect 130-150k) so sucks some coin off the server.
    Even with gold at 150k each and 5 gold to a hammer that gives the cuber a nice 250k reward. Most of which can be used to get another cube run going. Keeps cubers happy.

I like anything that will get a lot more people in the cube. Those 20mins in rooms 14 and 34 getting really lonely. b:sin
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Tup - Harshlands
    Tup - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Keep it.

If you remove it, then spoons can't pay his electric bill.

b:surrender
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Or there is a third option.... *horrifying organ playing*

They could implement golden hammers to be an extremely rare drop. Like 25 a day or so on each server. Could drop out of 1 mob in all the "villages". This ensures that gold prices will be somewhat normal. It also makes something of a new element to the game. That you can get something totally rare that drops very little. Of course its not something that can't be bought from the cash shop, but it would also help with a lot of other things. Would also make it to where someone even as low as lvl 1 could get an item worth 4-600k every day.

It is a workable option I think would be quite fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well u cant really put it for free because thatll defeat the purpose of the golden box. :O

i think u should just leave it be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Where's the "remove it from the game" option? -_____-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • PersonaChi - Sanctuary
    PersonaChi - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Keep it.

If you remove it, then spoons can't pay his electric bill.

problem is with gold prices so high, you cant use gold trading to suck in new players. These boxes present a problem to PWI gaining new clients. Sure they milk the current addicted player. But w/o new blood to addict, PWI is just a timebomb waiting to go off.

Last i heard PWI's new player count was already in the toilet. Sanctuary has got to be atleast 50% above lvl65, and most of the lowbies are Alts

im for get rid of it from RB, but keep it in Cube since cube maxes out at once per day, and is a bi$%# to complete some times.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    just remove it

the hammer + the chests killed this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I can see how someone might say "Will kill this game" - though even that is hyperbole.

But.

Gold prices are way above the level at which you could conceivably make a profit from the box. Using real-world cash you can get a million coins, but you'd get more just by selling the gold in the auction house.

So, at least for right now, no rational person will be cashing the boxes. They are NPC (or sell in a catshop to speculators and fools) fodder.

I don't see how that has killed the game.

And... I'm not seeing the low newbie count either. Lots and lots of people in the starter towns asking all the newbie questions. "How do I learn my skills?" "How do I find my quest?" - no alt will be asking that in local chat. (They'd use world chat)
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I can see how someone might say "Will kill this game" - though even that is hyperbole.

But.

Gold prices are way above the level at which you could conceivably make a profit from the box. Using real-world cash you can get a million coins, but you'd get more just by selling the gold in the auction house.

So, at least for right now, no rational person will be cashing the boxes. They are NPC (or sell in a catshop to speculators and fools) fodder.

I don't see how that has killed the game.

And... I'm not seeing the low newbie count either. Lots and lots of people in the starter towns asking all the newbie questions. "How do I learn my skills?" "How do I find my quest?" - no alt will be asking that in local chat. (They'd use world chat)
    the point is... why should a gold buyer waste golds by selling them for less than 200k when they can grab boxes for a misery (or just farm cube, most of zen users are rich in coins so they can afford that and get richer) and get basically 200k each gold with them ?

that means we'll stay for a long while to these prices since the ppl that farm cube are becoming always larger in numbers

also add that in the several servers we have poors and richs if we are talking about ingame coins... the poors are the normal players usually.. the rich ones are the ones who farm rebirth delta every day (for example) and get enough cash to buy golds at those riddicolous prices

so we have an economy for rich and zen user ppl, that leave a good number of players suffers it

Edit: by adding a note I can say that this way PWI will lose many new players (mainly F2P players) and make some high level like me leave and therefore slowly creating a game with almost only zen and rich players

empty servers ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If gold is fixed at 200k.... well, that's higher than it was. But *fixed* is a good thing.

As long as players know what to aim for.

Sure, you can't reasonably afford anything from the cash shop before 30, but why would you need to?

Once you're above, say, level 40? An evenings play nets you a gold at that price, easy. A weeks play nets you enough for a charm, which I'd be surprised if people used at that level anyway.

Everything except charms and (for pvp) angels are a luxury. Some of them are NICE luxuries, sure. But if players want them, they know how much they cost and can save up.

I think an *unstable* price, where it shoots up and down between 100k and 250k is more of a problem.

But my main complaint was saying that "Boxes have killed the game". No. They might kill the game. But right now? They're doing NOTHING.
    Because, and I put this as nicely as possible, only the most foolish of foolish fools are paying the gold to open them.

If I had one right now, and couldn't sell it to another player? It would be trashed. They are literally worthless junk items at the moment.

Day after tomorrow, we'll see what post-jolly gold prices do.
    A week after that, maybe we'll see what happens when the backlog of boxes has been cashed in.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    they are doing nothing

.... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    they are doing nothing

.... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    Yep Yepb:bye
    Quit.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok, this might be a server difference.

Gold price on Dreamweaver was 225k this morning. (Quite a drop from the weekend)

At 225k, you're not opening boxes. You are, possibly, spending it on genies for Jolly Jones (which stays viable up to about 330k) or buying actual items, like charms (which are still on sale until tomorrow, after all)

So yes. Right now? Boxes aren't a factor. Not at all. If there were no boxes, gold wouldn't drop - because at that price no one with half a brain is buying gold for boxes.

I'm not in any way disputing that when Jolly Jones is sent back to his jolly grave that the gold price WILL be affected by the boxes. But right now, it isn't being.