An economy on the edge

Aoe - Heavens Tear
Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Chronicles
I think it goes like this. We live in a world where money is becoming harder and harder to earn. Food prices are going up, oil prices are going up, many people are losing their jobs, their homes, and security. Businesses are being hit hard also and so many jobs are filing for bankruptcy. Higher businesses are pushing for higher profit margins to accommodate some of their losses. The American dollar is becoming less and less valuable around the world. On top of this there is war, and threats of war. Also we are constantly bombarded by natural disasters all over the earth. So this crisis is affecting everywhere in the world.

At a time like this you want to escape the pains and stresses of life. A game that is free 2 play holds the appeal and addiction that you can play this game with no strings attached at no costs. You can escape your every day life and come to some place else to get your aggressions out or feel a peace of mind. Then a dark day comes when you realize nothing is free in life, and many times you find the mighty dollar attached to the moment of fun. The more players spend the more a company is going to push sales. It's their marketing technique. Ten years ago would this have bothered players so much. No probably not, money would not have been tight, and we wouldn't be feeling the pressures of everyday life to spend responsibly, like we are now. You see all of us have to be responsible spenders now, whether we are poor or middle class.

So when a company such as pwi is gearing there game more towards spending real life money we protest, we quit. Why because now the game instead of being an entertainment has now reminded us of how depressing the real world is right now. It merged into our real life instead of staying in our fantasy one. Gm's know how things are in America they live here as well. China I am sure is hard hit too. So the questions is do we milk the economy for everything that it's worth? Do we go crazy and spend even though we don't have the money? I agree with everyone, pushing constant sales during a very critical time in our world doesn't show them that the company isn't about greed. It pushes people to feel that all the company cares about is their pockets being filled.

Though that may not be the case for pwi, and i would never assume so. I think pwi needs to keep into consideration it's player base and lay up some. But remember we the consumer control this part too. Don't feel pushed to spend money if you don't have it. If you play this game to win then you are playing this game wrong. If you play this game to be number one then you are playing this game wrong. That kind of game play is costly and many times unachievable. Don't look at what someone else has and covet them you're only going to be disappointed. I still play this game because there are people and friends that i wouldn't get to see every day, and it's the one game my bf enjoys playing and he is not a cash shopper. He is easily entertained though.

That being said I'm sorry to see people quitting, it's very sad. I hope you will come back to pwi. Maybe this situation won't last long, or maybe it will. Let's hope you can return and have fun like you once did. I wanted to point out that also people are saying mirage stones drop when you are pked and killed but in xfarox post i thought it was chi stones? Am I wrong? Like you would drop yuiyang stones or something. Lol sorry about the spelling of that i cant remember how it's spelled. Perhaps pwi can compensate the costs for the repairs with an increase in drop rate. That way you can break down some gear and have stones to use. I do not know if that will help the economy some. But why not some people leave an idea of how they could compensate it. I'm sure they won't remove it though. Or post an idea of how they gold prices can be lowered and the game economy balanced?
Post edited by Aoe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    inb4lock.

we already have a million threads like this. add it to them :P
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    did we really need ANOTHER topic QQing about PWI being greedy?
    couldn't you have just replied to one of the other 10 on the first page of the general discussion category?

P.S. tl;dr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    <facepalm> So... you are complaining about what again? You do not have to spend a single cent of RL money to play this game, that has not changed... only thing that may change is the amount of grinding you will have to do, however, you will still not have to spend a single cent of RL money....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    People working at PWE need money to live too you know. Paying their workers, maintaining a server, buying more advanced technecal stuff so that Perfect World may improve, etc. Sales actually help the economy depending on your server (not the gold prices though). Charm packs usually lead to other things such as more TT runs (more people with TT = more people to DO TT = more TT weapons than there needs to be = less cost for TT). So depending on how you look at it, the sales are kinda good in some way or another.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Lol because for one I'm not qqing. I'm a cash shopper. I still very much enjoy this game. Two i wanted to point out something that i think is off topic for the other threads. Three i was saying i am sorry to see other people go. Like i said i wanted to here what people thought would be a good solution.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Good solutions as into how players can get around the costs for then new in game system instead of quitting. Sorry should have worded a bit better. Like what i said earlier if it's true that chi stones drop not mirage. Then chi stones aren't that costly and also you can grind for them. That was my solution around it. Just wanted to hear some others.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Starting to wish the QQ'ers would just go. I'm doing extremely well without paying cash.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    did we really need ANOTHER topic QQing about PWI being greedy?
    couldn't you have just replied to one of the other 10 on the first page of the general discussion category?

P.S. tl;dr

Off topic, but...I really like your signature. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Starting to wish the QQ'ers would just go. I'm doing extremely well without paying cash.

Lol did you not see i am not qquing i do not even pk for god sake. Like i said i pay cash shop and buy cash shop so i don't see how i am mooching of the economy. Somethings i buy with my in game money. However obiviously this is something that affected a lot players. Calling them names and whatever isn't going to make the solution better. If a large portion of the player base quits where will it leave pwi. GM's are taking this just as serious so i think someone offering a little advice won't hurt.

As ice said the game is still free they just have to grind a little more. I pointed it out a little more nicer but that is my thoughts about it. There are people feeling the game have some serious gaps i don't think you should mock them or take them lightly.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lol did you not see i am not qquing i do not even pk for god sake. Like i said i pay cash shop and buy cash shop so i don't see how i am mooching of the economy. Somethings i buy with my in game money. However obiviously this is something that affected a lot players. Calling them names and whatever isn't going to make the solution better. If a large portion of the player base quits where will it leave pwi. GM's are taking this just as serious so i think someone offering a little advice won't hurt.

As ice said the game is still free they just have to grind a little more. I pointed it out a little more nicer but that is my thoughts about it. There are people feeling the game have some serious gaps i don't think you should mock them or take them lightly.

You will always have the morons throwing around QQ at every post on forum,sensible people can see it isn't QQ,ignore it:P
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    it is a kind and calm way to QQ

but it's still QQ I can recognize it

ftt: (for the topic/thread) PWI is messed up right now for the same exactly reasons the real world is, we can't do really much about it until ppl change their minds, PWE can't really help about that, they can only speculate more since they can
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm looking for a better game... Kinda got bored with this one. The only reason I used to love Perfect World was because I easily made money and got whatever I wanted even though I never spent anything on this. Seeing that the Game Company wants only players who pay them to play this game, I rather go play another fun game, Bye Bye Perfect World. Been Nice till all the darn Cash Shop Sales started. Good luck to all those 30% of players who buy Gold and continue playing coz remember the Game is supported by the 70% of Free to play players and without us youd soon be paying your asses off in playing a P2p game disguised as a f2p game.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    You will always have the morons throwing around QQ at every post on forum,sensible people can see it isn't QQ,ignore it:P

Thanks MentalEdge *huggles* . I'm still a bit confused by something hopefully someone can clarify it maybe a gm too.

Why do I drop Chi Stones after I've died and my equipment is shattered?
    Upon your character dying and a gear being shattered, a certain amount of Chi Stones will drop from you. These Chi stones will vary in amount and can be picked up by whomever (most likely the person who has killed you). The type of Chi Stones dropped is the same type that you will need to repair your Shattered gear. The amount of Chi Stones dropped are an indication of how many Chi Stones you will need to repair your Shattered equipment, and the type of Chi Stone is related to the level of the Shattered equipment.

Everyone is saying you have to use mirage stones.... But xarfox said chi stones. Mirage is expensive but chi stones aren't that costly at all which is the correct one? If you can repair your armor with chi it's not so bad. Grind a little more and break down some gear. I think to non cash shoppers might be able to make a bit of profit from this. I think those who don't like grinding can just use a GA but instead of npcing you're gear right away might just want to break it down. I don't know lol it's what i was thinking
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    I'm looking for a better game... Kinda got bored with this one. The only reason I used to love Perfect World was because I easily made money and got whatever I wanted even though I never spent anything on this. Seeing that the Game Company wants only players who pay them to play this game, I rather go play another fun game, Bye Bye Perfect World. Been Nice till all the darn Cash Shop Sales started. Good luck to all those 30% of players who buy Gold and continue playing coz remember the Game is supported by the 70% of Free to play players and without us you ppl are nothing ! b:bye

Hmmm i think people are more discouraged by the sales because they want to buy buy buy, but can't afford to. This game was never totally free to play seeing as cash shop was implemented right after CB. Sorry to see you go though, but i think if you wait it out it would clear up some. Like i said don't play to buy everything up play to have fun, make friends, join a guild. The competition for everyone to be on top will ruin the gaming fun for you. It's why you can't play a game like that.

Lol Goliath think whatever you want. I really am not qqing. I wanted a thread that maybe some people could open up some friendly advice. Also for players to maybe take a look of why they are really playing this game. Of course pwi is going to have sales it's a business. Lol business is good lots of sales come out, it's good marketing. Lol i tried to say that players are mixing fantasy with real life. Nothing is free certainly not this game. However there are still options for people to play without having to spend. PWI is nice for that. I think the sales just hit people in a sensitive spot and made them feel like the company doesn't care. My wording isn't the best since it's 1 am for me. I think you just don't like me because i play a veno lol. I think for the pvp people they find this frustrating that's understanding was just wondering if people had advice for them too.
    edited July 2009
    Thanks MentalEdge *huggles* . I'm still a bit confused by something hopefully someone can clarify it maybe a gm too.

Why do I drop Chi Stones after I've died and my equipment is shattered?
    Upon your character dying and a gear being shattered, a certain amount of Chi Stones will drop from you. These Chi stones will vary in amount and can be picked up by whomever (most likely the person who has killed you). The type of Chi Stones dropped is the same type that you will need to repair your Shattered gear. The amount of Chi Stones dropped are an indication of how many Chi Stones you will need to repair your Shattered equipment, and the type of Chi Stone is related to the level of the Shattered equipment.

Everyone is saying you have to use mirage stones.... But xarfox said chi stones. Mirage is expensive but chi stones aren't that costly at all which is the correct one? If you can repair your armor with chi it's not so bad. Grind a little more and break down some gear. I think to non cash shoppers might be able to make a bit of profit from this. I think those who don't like grinding can just use a GA but instead of npcing you're gear right away might just want to break it down. I don't know lol it's what i was thinking
    level 1 star gear that u drop vs mobs doesn't give a good number of chi stones, u would have to decompose a lot of 1 star gears and they may give u a type of cchi stones that u don't need for the special "repair"

for example my axes takes 8 mirages if they shatter, that is just silly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm i think people are more discouraged by the sales because they want to buy buy buy, but can't afford to. This game was never totally free to play seeing as cash shop was implemented right after CB.

It was implemented IN Closed Beta, they just gave us gold to play with instead of us spending money on it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    level 1 star gear that u drop vs mobs doesn't give a good number of chi stones, u would have to decompose a lot of 1 star gears and they may give u a type of cchi stones that u don't need for the special "repair"

for example my axes takes 8 mirages if they shatter, that is just silly

Hmmm know this sounds silly but the special gear need mirage stones how come? Is it cause it's twilight temple gear? Then that would be hard for the higher level players since you can't get tt weapons till around the 70's. I never seen mirage stones for crafting either just for quest reward. I was saving mine up from my alts and stuff to plus up my gear in higher levels. Then i can see the real frustration in it. Unless there is an npc that sells mirages or the stuff to make them implemented later on. I can see why pvper's are really upset then.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    It was implemented IN Closed Beta, they just gave us gold to play with instead of us spending money on it. b:surrender

Lol yup i remember that i stand corrected. We all got thirty gold i believe. b:chuckle I had lots of fun in cb was why i decided to join PWI.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Lol yup i remember that i stand corrected. We all got thirty gold i believe. b:chuckle I had lots of fun in cb was why i decided to join PWI.

I remember how spammed WC was for those last few days since everyone bought teles. And the insane grind to 40 in the last weekend to get that extra 10 gold. Good times :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    we dont have problems with cash(in real) in Europe.......(dont u dare come **** us lol)

but i personaly wouldnt waste Euros for a few digital pixels......

they just screwed up the game more with equipment shatter(its a shame rly....)

if u ask me were just a litle bit away from the whole pwi economy crashing

perfect world international is a wonderfull game but its become HELL.....im gona find another game thats not as screwed up as this 1......
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm know this sounds silly but the special gear need mirage stones how come? Is it cause it's twilight temple gear? Then that would be hard for the higher level players since you can't get tt weapons till around the 70's. I never seen mirage stones for crafting either just for quest reward. I was saving mine up from my alts and stuff to plus up my gear in higher levels. Then i can see the real frustration in it. Unless there is an npc that sells mirages or the stuff to make them implemented later on. I can see why pvper's are really upset then.
    I think that the special "repair" cost is the same amount of chi stones that u would get by decomposing that equipment

for example my level 17 bow (2 stars) requires 216 yuyan stones (lvl 1 chi) for the special repair and it's also the exact amount u get by decomposing it

same thing with the axes, and yes, TT gear and 3 stars are decomposed to mirages
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    I think that the special "repair" cost is the same amount of chi stones that u would get by decomposing that equipment

for example my level 17 bow (2 stars) requires 216 yuyan stones (lvl 1 chi) for the special repair and it's also the exact amount u get by decomposing it

same thing with the axes, and yes, TT gear and 3 stars are decomposed to mirages

Hmmm that makes sense then. TT gear is so expensive to make. My cleric is very lucky with crafting three star things though, but even that get's expensive especially matts. I wonder if the game is gearing more towards people playing two characters instead of just one. You know to farm tt for matts on a veno make some money. Also maybe craft some stuff break it down for your gear. Time consuming im sure but it's a thought for people who don't have the ability to cs. You can always keep a veno at the same level using a genie and just use it as a farming alt. Course that might boost sales for hercs since it's easier to farm tt with them. Lol okay i'll stop rambling. This is a toughy, what do you think people could do?
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm that makes sense then. TT gear is so expensive to make. My cleric is very lucky with crafting three star things though, but even that get's expensive especially matts. I wonder if the game is gearing more towards people playing two characters instead of just one. You know to farm tt for matts on a veno make some money. Also maybe craft some stuff break it down for your gear. Time consuming im sure but it's a thought for people who don't have the ability to cs. You can always keep a veno at the same level using a genie and just use it as a farming alt. Course that might boost sales for hercs since it's easier to farm tt with them. Lol okay i'll stop rambling. This is a toughy, what do you think people could do?
    it's just a way to make ppl that used bind use dolls again, total BS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The OP do have a point in the first paragraph ofc... The wars hits the people hard b:sad. All the warmongers' fault for making people suffer, losing jobs... Now the global warming... But this should be on off-topic forums.

On topic
    I for one love PWI to the bone, and I don't mind compensating whenever I get spare money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    We really appreciate your feedback, but there is no need to create another topic of the same thing. We have so many open alreadyb:shocked
This discussion has been closed.