What weapon should I get now?

Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
Headshot_XD - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Archer
I'm lvl 35 now should I continue to use my fb19 crossbow or should I by one from a vendor?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There can be only one Lord of the Elves
And he does NOT SHARE POWER!!!!
Post edited by Headshot_XD - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Please see Lady Annor's Weapon Progression Guide.
  • Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Woah I never noticed this guide before.
    Thanx, I think I'm gonna wait 'till level 42 and buy the sinister shooter.

How much is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Woah I never noticed this guide before.
    Thanx, I think I'm gonna wait 'till level 42 and buy the sinister shooter.

How much is it?

I bought mine for 551,250 a while ago. Mine was 1 socket with an Average Garnet in it, which I later +1'd.

Also, before Sinister Shooter, I found myself a cheap Bullfiber Pellet slingshot that had +Max Phys Attack on it, worked better than the fb19 crossbow.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I bought my Sinister Shooter +1 for 1.5mil, maybe overpaid but I kill sooo fast it was worth it (bought out the auction couldn't wait).

Sinister Shooter +1
    Interval - .05
    Phys Atk +46
    Dex +6
    Beaut. Garnet Shard (Phys Atk +20)

You will like the SS! I dont even have to use any skills while I grind unless it is an Inc Def/Life mob; I hit regular attack from max range and stuff is dead before it touches me without me kiting. I am just using the cheapest grade shot available and this is even applies to fire mobs. When I Spark Erupt, I can kill 2-3 enemies per eruption depending on crits.

There was a Sinister Shooter +4 w/ 2 slots for 2.4mil about a week ago but I didnt have the coin or else I would've bought that one.

Do all Sinister Shooters have the same Interval, Phys Atk, and Dex bonuses?
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Unless you have a ton of cash laying around you really should just try to get a decent bow from the AH with some good bonuses on it.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I bought my Sinister Shooter +1 for 1.5mil, maybe overpaid but I kill sooo fast it was worth it (bought out the auction couldn't wait).

Sinister Shooter +1
    Interval - .05
    Phys Atk +46
    Dex +6
    Beaut. Garnet Shard (Phys Atk +20)

You will like the SS! I dont even have to use any skills while I grind unless it is an Inc Def/Life mob; I hit regular attack from max range and stuff is dead before it touches me without me kiting. I am just using the cheapest grade shot available and this is even applies to fire mobs. When I Spark Erupt, I can kill 2-3 enemies per eruption depending on crits.

That's to be expected at that level, Sinister Shooter is way imbalanced for the starting level, being a legendary item.

Also, that's a major overpay you did. As I said, I got mine for 551k, refining it cost me 34k. So yeah, the only thing that could warrant the huge price is the shard in it.
    There was a Sinister Shooter +4 w/ 2 slots for 2.4mil about a week ago but I didnt have the coin or else I would've bought that one.

That's quite a high price, but I think +4'ing it yourself would cost more than the extra 2 million coins or so. Not to mention that going from 1 socket to 2 sockets requires 71 socket stones.
    Do all Sinister Shooters have the same Interval, Phys Atk, and Dex bonuses?

Yes, they do.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • dyrax
    dyrax Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    SS was alot of fun for me to use - especially for the first several levels as it really felt overpowered. By the time I got to about 47 or so it started to feel like a normal weapon for my lvl. I bought mine for about 1.2 mil @ +2 about 2 weeks before the Supply Boxes came out, so I ended up only being able to sell it for about 800K later on - at lvl 50, the bow you get from the box will be enough better than SS that you won't use SS any longer and can resell it.

I hear people all the time talking about the "economy" and "how much is this worth?," "did I overpay for this?" etc... The way I personally look at it is if I don't use the cash shop which requires REAL money, all I'm doing is trading pixels for another set of pixels I want more - as long as I'm happy with the usefullness of what I purchase with those pixels, I couldn't care less whether everyone else thinks I overpaid :).

I wouldn't stress about cost at all - if you have enough in game coin to buy something that you really want, by all means do it! Again, personally as long as I have enough coin left over to buy arrows and do CS, it's all good for me. Worse case scenario I have to grind for a day or two to get enough DQ items to bulk up my bank acct. again - it's no biggie as I have to grind anyways.

Have fun
  • f22araptor
    f22araptor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i had luck caus i get much weps from my leader (archer) i got moonlight bow, lightcatcher, sinister, stash wep and the prenetator. Atm i use solarslayer, i already have wind and the clouds, and (caus it was only 4,5 mio) crimson horn soulsmasher^^ lightcatcher was a cool wep, but u rarly can see it
  • Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    OMG ss is expensive T_T I'll probably have to use my fb19 crossbow 'till i'm lvl50 and get the supply stash weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If you keep up on your crafting skills, you can try to make a 2* or 3* for relatively cheap. I lucked out and made a 3* lvl 35 xbow and used it until 45-ish when I bought a +2 Sinister Shooter with 2 G6's for 900k at auction. When I was close to lvl 49, someone WC wanting to buy one, so I sold it for 1.2m +5 mirage stones and bought my perfect hammer. lol

Oh, and I've seen two other archers with my 3* lvl 35 xbow. It's cool to see other people using the stuff you craft! It was my pride and joy at one time, now it's someone else's... ;D