Biting off more than you can chew..

Hisuna - Sanctuary
Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
For a barb in tiger form this can be a reality sometimes. I'm here to tell you a little story and possible minor glitch. This whole thing actually happened last week, but my faction members convinced me to post it here finally. Anyway here goes:

Out in the Plain of Farewells, there are level 82 mobs called Cougaret Master at Arms. They are purely physical, no magic whatsoever, and fantastic for grinding off of herc's reflect skill. Now typically, I get about 10-12 at a time, but I got brave. I got at least 20 of them, but I think it was more. I lost count once I had to focus more on movement and healing the herc. Well however many it was, it was too many, I had no choice but to stop and spam heal the herc to keep it alive. I would say at least a good 15-17 of them were riding aggro purely off the reflect skill.

Only a few seconds past, before I saw a lone barb in tiger form plow into the center of all the mobs I had gathered. I'm pretty sure, although I couldn't really see through all the mobs, that he stood there for a couple more seconds doing nothing at all. Then all of a sudden I see flesh ream go off. Now if I am not mistaken, even though a barb's flesh ream is great for taking aggro, it's only supposed to attack one mob....right? It looks like a small explosion then the mob gets bleed. As far as I saw, that was all he used. Then something I didn't understand happened, yet was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in this game.

In unison, every single Cougaret turned on him.

And he died in about 4 seconds. After dying, he left immediately without saying a word. I'm not going to give you his name but I really just sat there and laughed and laughed. I still at this point have absolutely no idea what made all those mobs react that way, but it was hysterical to watch. Barb runs over, tries to KS one mob out of the massive group, and gets raided by the whole lot of them.

I WISH I WISH I had a screenshot, but it all happened so fast and I was so busy watching it I didn't really even think of it. After he died all the mobs ran back onto the herc, but I de-summoned it and just flew up in the air, I was laughing too hard to continue.

Thoughts on the story? Thoughts on what might have happened to make those mobs do what they did?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The family is a haven in a heartless world.
Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
Post edited by Hisuna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    did u perhaps missed seeing the barb use a sunder along with the flesh ream? he spins around and looks kinda like he tail whiped the mobs. thats an aoe bleed skill which i heard has decent aggro on it also.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    It is possible I missed that, but rather unlikely. I've seen that skill before, and if it was used on a group of mobs that big I think it'd pretty hard to miss it. Maybe not the barb spinning around, but the effect itself looks just like a pets flesh ream, only it would have happened to a whole bunch of them at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    uh... Roar?
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    uh... Roar?

Pretty much the same as above, I've seen that skill too. I just didn't see any kind of aoe at all, including roar, which I know, does not do any damage, but it's still an aoe is far as aggro is concerned. This all happened amazingly fast. I KNOW for a fact I saw flesh ream go off on one of the mobs, he was right smack in the middle of all of them, after that, they all turned and killed him. I'm not even sure if he had time to use something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Basically that barb Roar as the above poster said. No need to explain you what roar is but thats the only decent possibility i have for you.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if the barb was in the middile fo the mobs u probably miss the sunder animation, there is no real explosion that comes with sunder, u see some light red color thin lights coming from impact in a circle, if the mobs are between u and the barb it is very likely be covered up. did u perchance notice if there is bleed affect on the mobs? if more than 1 of them had bleed then he had defintely used sunder there.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Kraanium - Sanctuary
    Kraanium - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I really lol'd while reading this.
    That is completly rediculous. XD
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    He also could have used a genie skill if you saw this after the genies came out. Those mobs are highly aggressive, but I don't know if he could have taken aggro from your herc without using an aoe aggro skill. If he only used flesh ream on one mob, then the other mobs wouldn't have lost aggro on your herc unless the herc was close to losing aggro already.
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol thats amusing i wish that would happen to me T^T i can only get 10 at most at my lvl and the barbs are able to take them all and survive. happens to me alot now -_-