Heaven (Sage) vs Hell (Demon)

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i only used things that do actually excist in pwi.
    3 aps with bow and 5 aps with fists is easy to obtain as demon archer but also obtainable as sage.

just be sure to use items that do excist in pwi than.

ofc it does cost a lot of coins/cash to get the items for sage.
    and you need some more items than as demon since demon spark already gives you 25% more aps for a few secs( with fists that is almost contstant sparking if you have 4 aps already)

Stopped reading there.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    3 aps with bow and 5 aps with fists is easy to obtain as demon archer but also obtainable as sage.

and you need some more items than as demon since demon spark already gives you 25% more aps for a few secs( with fists that is almost contstant sparking if you have 4 aps already)
    I have this lurking feeling that you don't understand how -int works...
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2012

i THINK this guy plays a cleric on my server. Always knew he wasn't the brightest.

For the record; if 3aps were possible with a bow, full r9 archers would not be as popular as they are. I do wonder how you managed to make a calc where a SAGE archer doubles my aps with quickshot.
  • AirialAce - Raging Tide
    AirialAce - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i THINK this guy plays a cleric on my server. Always knew he wasn't the brightest.

For the record; if 3aps were possible with a bow, full r9 archers would not be as popular as they are. I do wonder how you managed to make a calc where a SAGE archer doubles my aps with quickshot.

rlly?i don't even play on harshlands b:chuckle

note:i am not talking about FULL r9 :P read back...
  • monkeysir35
    monkeysir35 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    rlly?i don't even play on harshlands b:chuckle

note:i am not talking about FULL r9 :P read back...

Highest possible aps with ranged weapon (-1 int slingshot) buffed with 3x spark is 2 APS
    Even then its stupid expensive to try it.

http://pwcalc.com/e2f04433827c1a1c

How did you get 3APS with a bow? Please show us...
  • beyruh121
    beyruh121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    t
  • beyruh121
    edited March 2012
    t
  • beyruh121
    edited March 2012
    Turks whichever server please help friends!
    TURK serveri hangisi arkadaşlar yardım edin l
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    wtfrudoin
  • Aundera - Heavens Tear
    Aundera - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Im hella late to this party it appears, but whats up from heavens tear! Anyways, just starting to get into the pvp-able brackets and i had made my decision from the moment i heard there was even a choice to be made. and no it wasnt just cause hell is always cooler when it comes to *** kicking... i just seemed to notice that every sage skill i read was increase chi for this or increase chi for that, while all the demon skills were KICK THIS DUDE IN TEH FACE HARDER. simple. we had a term in w.a. r.c. r.a. ft Yea i know its a dirty word here, but the term is GLASS CANNON. i kill you before you get to me. who cares how much hp i have, cause you die before you get close enough to find out. I admit i have 20 vit at lvl 79. but thats cause i didn't know any better 70ish levels ago and im just plain too cheap to buy a reset. but now that i am playing actively again im seriously considering it. I absolutely love the way you presented your points *original poster of guide sorry i forget your almost as cool as my name* HAH! but you are just as opinionated and cocky as i am and for good reason. Its because you are right. Archers.... you shoot people to death. you are no angel. dont even pretend. b:angry
  • Arkterix - Archosaur
    Arkterix - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I will totally go hell when I'm lvl 89 because that is the awesome thing to do. All the sage "chi chance" skills are bulls***. Why have chi when you don't have anything cool to do with it? The demon speed increase skills speed up how fast you can kill stuff. HELL FOREVER!!!
  • AirialAce - Raging Tide
    AirialAce - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Glass-cannon is a term used for pure damage dealers like wizz and psy.
    archers strength output relies on crits mostly so it isn't pure damage output...

glass-cannon=pure damage output

low hp,low phy def but pure damage...that is what a glass-cannon is...

hard too come by but easy too kill...

therefore archers are glass-cannon killers...not glass-cannons...
  • LastDance - Dreamweaver
    LastDance - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mhh nice guide, im 66 archer, actually i thought take aim 500% dmg, not bad, im goin to be a sage... but at grinding every good archer knows, even with 4500 physical att u just shoot 3k singlehit dmg.. when i fight near wraithgate those headless knights with round 25k hp, i see only 2-4k singlehit dmg isnt enough

cuz: u dont wanna get hit s archer thats the art of archer, hittin without gettin hitted, thats why range and crit is the magic word
    ur explainin is excellent, crit crit crit !!! <3 greetings!
  • Maps - Lothranis
    Maps - Lothranis Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    demonnnnnb:laugh
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Glass-cannon is a term used for pure damage dealers like wizz and psy.
    archers strength output relies on crits mostly so it isn't pure damage output...

glass-cannon=pure damage output

low hp,low phy def but pure damage...that is what a glass-cannon is...

hard too come by but easy too kill...

therefore archers are glass-cannon killers...not glass-cannons...

Actually no. Wizards are very Tanky and psys are extremely Tanky
    Due to white voodoo psychic will purify on sage bubble, wizards have stone barrier
    A glass cannon would be more like a full dot sin or archer, they are squishy because of no defense from shards but deal massive damage due to high attack lvls
  • dinmamma3
    dinmamma3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    **** This Game Sucks Donkey Ballz
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sage vs Demon. Go.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • joseph72245
    joseph72245 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    very good guide im doing demon when i get my archer to 89 hes only in his 30s atm but hey lol he rulz nonetheless
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dinmamma3 wrote: »

playstyle thing.
  • Sweet/N/Low - Heavens Tear
    Sweet/N/Low - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As my archer gets higher i was actually looking for a guide to the Sage vs Demon (pro's and cons of each)

The only thing I got out of this is the fact that most go demon.

Things i didnt like about the guide is:

You chose the word "R A P E" which is offensive to some people. You put down people that are sage and dont even pvp. I will not pvp thats why i chose a pve server. So your opinions on builds and choice of skills are based on pvp alone. Where is the stats one pve? Are there any good things about being sage? are there any bad things about being demon?

Fail guide... ill keep searching...

BTW Sir you might want to concider being nice... it is only a game after all... i kick ppl in my squads for being like you....

b:bye buh bye
    b:heartLVL 93 Cleric : __Goddess__
    b:heartLVL 90 BM: Little_Blaze
    b:heartLVL 80 Archer: Amy_Acer
    b:heartLVL 74 Sin: Sweet/N/Low
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You used the word ****. This greatly offends me.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As my archer gets higher i was actually looking for a guide to the Sage vs Demon (pro's and cons of each)

You chose the word "R A P E" which is offensive to some people. You put down people that are sage and dont even pvp. I will not pvp thats why i chose a pve server. So your opinions on builds and choice of skills are based on pvp alone. Where is the stats one pve? Are there any good things about being sage? are there any bad things about being demon?

BTW Sir you might want to concider being nice... it is only a game after all... i kick ppl in my squads for being like you....

http://www.viddler.com/v/18c26af3
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited October 2012

You told someone to consider being nice and yet you kick people from squads? And you're still here calling someone's guide fail, even though you are here to complain about someone calling sage archers fail?

Uh....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This needs to be updated. The huge skill rebalance changed everything for all classes on whats best heaven or hell so....
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This needs to be updated. The huge skill rebalance changed everything for all classes on whats best heaven or hell so....

Feel free to do it yourself, as devoted no longer plays.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Archer_Pt - Harshlands
    Archer_Pt - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah it totally needs to be updated, but SAGE/HEAVEN still beats DEMON/HELL
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dinmamma3 wrote: »

If you don't like the game, go play something else.

Did you think folks were going to be impressed by your eloquent treatise on the merits of Perfect World?

Unfashionably Sage and perfectly happy with that choice. The advantages and disadvantages aren't simple math. They are leverage for one's style of play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    And responding to a guy with only one post from over half a year ago who was mostly ignored anyways is any better how?

Though yes, current Sage/Demon is much more based on play style than the past. That said your gear is still the biggest factor since if you outgear 95% of the server you can run around without choosing either culti and still be able to kill most opponents as well as deal with PvE easily.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The argument for a Sage and Demon archer is never going to end imo. Its the one class PWI has seemed to really balance on each side of their cultivations. It comes down to playstyle and what you want to do with your toon, just like any other class. Now other classes have easier choices then Archers but I think that is one of the joys of Archers is making that difficult choice. I'm a demon archer, all skills are demon, I have all my 79,100, and Morai skills. One of my best archer friends in game is a full sage archer, and he and I can go at it, pound for pound.

So all of you looking to choose either Sage or Demon, my suggestion is look at the skills and what each side offers and choose the one you like more. I'm seeing more and more Sage Archers come through with the skill rebalancing and them getting a crit increase proc on their quickshot. Guess what, Demon's got another 10% accuarcy on their bow mastery, and we've had the crit increase procs on more PVP useful skills like STA and Stunning Arrow. Archers are more deadly WHEN we crit, as of right now Sage and Demon both bring that to the table.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    And responding to a guy with only one post from over half a year ago who was mostly ignored anyways is any better how?

How is anything not better than that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]