Progressing to the next era.

Comments

• scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lee why are you trying to recruit for outlaw didn't you quit haha

and scridon .. i'm thinking leg is more likely to be put to the test at the moment in the light of recent events.. lots of people leaving and such

Maybe, but the results of taking out Legendary in this fashion would only help to aide the further progression of Nefarious. I think by now it is rather obvious considering what has happened in the last couple of months. And no offense to nefarious but i too would rather not see Nefarious grow anymore then they have. I really enjoy this game and I love doing TW, but its no fun when you just get your **** handed to you in 15 mins.

I can understand the drive for power and all, I cant say that i would be any different if i were Nefarious. But I would sure like to have at the very least 1 faction that is to some degree comparable to battle with. Would be a rather boring place if Nefarious was essentially the only guild on the server when it comes to TW.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i know scridon.. i like TW challenges .. but as for it not being beneficial for the rest of the server you are right.. however.. everyone wants their piece of the pie.. it doesn't seem like it matters to them if it will be taken away soon.. all the factions seem to jump on the weak link .. thats what happened with outlaw .. then when rebirth got lands they were always being attacked
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    however.. everyone wants their piece of the pie..

And some people just want the whole damn thing. b:chuckle
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lee why are you trying to recruit for outlaw didn't you quit haha

and scridon .. i'm thinking leg is more likely to be put to the test at the moment in the light of recent events.. lots of people leaving and such

Legendary seems to be most vulnerable at the moment, but their collapse would only bring upon a stronger Nefarious, unchallenged, and pulling in Ex-Leg members.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary
    Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Legendary seems to be most vulnerable at the moment, but their collapse would only bring upon a stronger Nefarious, unchallenged, and pulling in Ex-Leg members.

Why dunt we just get rid of both of them? Or you can do what I did, join a new server :D
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    then when rebirth got lands they were always being attacked

Hey, not our problem Nef wanted a cheap win. We actually gained more people after those TWs. Lasting an hour with only 40-45 of our lv70s at Steel, vs their full force, was enough to prove a good point. That week we had about 40 people that didn't turn up, as opposed to the week Regi and the two other factions I don't remember attacked us. No excuses, though. b:surrender
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    i never mentioned anything about nef attacking rebirth.. ever since you guys had land you were facing max attacks.. nef didn't attack until last week

i was merely using it to prove my point that everyone picks on the weakest link on the map

also don't listen to lee.. joining a new server is no fun
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Why dunt we just get rid of both of them? Or you can do what I did, join a new server :D

Legendary and Nefarious seem to feed off each other, when one weakens, the other will likely benefit/grow from the weakness.

If we stop one from growing.. the other will inevitably become stronger. However, any strong triple-pronged attack would help compensate for that growth.

Something must be done. We see a recurring issue, and we're seeking to resolve it. If Legendary or Nefarious want to reason, we're more than happy to be diplomatic and make things clear.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • bluekka
    bluekka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hey, not our problem Nef wanted a cheap win. We actually gained more people after those TWs. Lasting an hour with only 40-45 of our lv70s at Steel, vs their full force, was enough to prove a good point. That week we had about 40 people that didn't turn up, as opposed to the week Regi and the two other factions I don't remember attacked us. No excuses, though. b:surrender

Please don't talk bull**** :) we had around 50 person online.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    ooo is there some dissention in the ranks at rebirth haha

Edit: or not.. i guess i misread what he said.. he should really say which faction he was talking about instead of we >.<
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    bull****? if 50 people is all you could bring, then that's your full force. =D

Even though DR told me exactly how many you's had on since we were talking as the TW started. ;)
  • Stealthninja - Sanctuary
    Stealthninja - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    what faction at the moment can field 80 people all 70+ besides nefarious and legendary though? i'm pretty sure rebirth/regicide/steel can't... and unless outlaw has done some serious rebuilding i doubt they can either

i KNOW Steel can hold 80 70+ and im sure the other 1s can too (i dont know their #s)

where ever u get ur info from its wrong
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    just because steel has 80 70+ in faction doesn't mean that they are all gonna show and be on for TW ..

but i could be wrong.. i just recall some TT60 in our TW against them (unless i was hallucinating) and they have lost members since then (although this coulda just been some of the high levels and y'all got more recruits to replace them)
    edited April 2009
    u obviously dont know our #s

yeah we had like 3 in their 60s the majority were 70s-90s
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Dan, you need to be hung. This god awful thread finally died with nishtara and now you brought it back b:cry

The reality, a game is an assembly of competition. Fortunately for Nefarious (and unfortunately for the rest of the server), they have taken the position of the most competiive faction on the server. Sure, you can rally the remaining non-nef forces and try to attack, or even more...start a guild, pack it with many of the highest level people in the server, watch them bicker and hate each other and then watch them dissolve in to a lesser shadow of what they once were. The reality is, if your entire focus is on taking down a dominating faction, then you better pray to god you succeed. Upon failure, your faction will only face hardships, drama and disbandment (i've seen it happen too many times). Worry more on the faction you have now. Develope your players, create a bonding friendship and one day( could be months from now) you will have a faction as strong, if not stronger as Nefarious. Trying to force victory by utilizing third parties and off point goals will only result in failure.

Kill this thread.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    so you had 60s in your TW against us .. and therefore i was right about seeing tt60 and right about it not being 80 70+s

and i know i'm right about you losing high level members .. i can check the high scores and see that

i never claimed to know the exact numbers from steel.. just what i've seen around and experienced..

and the 80 70+ members wasn't meant to mean you have only 80 at 70+.. i was just saying just because you have the numbers above 70.. doesn't mean that you have your full force when you TW
    edited April 2009
    yeah we lost a couple higher lvl ppl...sooo?

we fought u guys like 3 weeks ago and we have gotten more people very TW active and no ur not right about 80 70+s, like i said we only had about 3 60s in ur fight and 3 weeks later we have higher lvls and now we can hold more that 80 70+s
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I doubt Nef would attack Leg this week and probably not next week as well. Any attack would provoke a counter attack by Leg leaving both in a vulnerable state. Steel and Rebirth currently hold land and do not border Leg. They would surely welcome the oppurtunity to take a piece out of Nef. My guess is that Nef will go after Steel this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    okay then stealth.. i hope to see all 70+s if we go for steel this weekend =)
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i somehow find all this pointless...
    no matter what, ppl will hate the largest faction.
    if nef falls everyone will think leg is the evil thing...

what they should do is limit max territories... eg no 1 faction can hold more than 40% of the lands?

that or maybe... idk... having more than 50% of the lands makes you able to be attacked 4 times in one session?

or something like taking over a land after the limit is done gives you 15mil but the land is owned by wraiths after?
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    asking them to change the TW system is just as pointless andromeda .. its not gonna happen
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Oooh good speech dan
    as soon as i hit lvl 70 (prolly about two to three weeks depending)

i'll be glad to help..
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    asking them to change the TW system is just as pointless andromeda .. its not gonna happen

it would only be like a few day's worth of coding at most a week for a small group of programmers...

and pwe has armies of programmers
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    we fought u guys like 3 weeks ago and we have gotten more people very TW active and no ur not right about 80 70+s, like i said we only had about 3 60s in ur fight and 3 weeks later we have higher lvls and now we can hold more that 80 70+s

bluekka wrote: »
    Please don't talk bull**** :) we had around 50 person online.

Teehee. b:chuckle
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    SarahC - Sanctuary Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The TW system should be changed definitely, Ive heard that factions only get paid for owning ten lands or something like that? If that is true (or not for that matter) the max amount of lands one faction should be able to aquire is ten.
    "Anyone wanna doing cube atm?" - Aya
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    Enelysionb:cute
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    lol who told you that? you get 10mil per land, without any land limitations.
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    scridon wrote: »
    And some people just want the whole damn thing. b:chuckle

i want a piece of the pie b:chuckle
  • Anniina - Sanctuary
    Anniina - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    bull****? if 50 people is all you could bring, then that's your full force. =D

Even though DR told me exactly how many you's had on since we were talking as the TW started. ;)

If that is the case why didn't you say that you guys had full force?

And when you say full force it means 80 players.

Beside, even we have high levels, it doesn't mean that everyone of them show up for the TW.
  • Anniina - Sanctuary
    Anniina - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Teehee. b:chuckle

Do i see something common? No, because Stealth is talking about our levels in the faction and i'm talking about the players that participated the TW, sorry but go back to school :P
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    If that is the case why didn't you say that you guys had full force?

Cause half of our force was sent to Shockwave. Just as you's had a split force versus Eminence and Nef. Quite easy to understand, to be honest.
    And when you say full force it means 80 players.

No. Full force is the maximum force anyone can muster. If we only had 20 people on for TW's, then it stands to reason, that our full force consists/consisted of 20 people. Even if we had 100 people in the faction.
    Beside, even we have high levels, it doesn't mean that everyone of them show up for the TW.

True, which again, proves in TWs, how large your force is, and who the force consists of.
    Do i see something common? No, because Stealth is talking about our levels in the faction and i'm talking about the players that participated the TW, sorry but go back to school :P

Stealth referred to having 80 people in the TW against Nef, a few of which were lv60. Then went to say you's have only gotten more people, and more powerful. Then, bluekka goes to say 50 people is all you's can field. How is that more powerful then when you's could field 80? Please explain.