WARNING: Long post. Please read to the end or move along.
Alright, so I've been thinking about building up a pet specifically for a combo attack/supporting role while in party; one which can deal damage while also pumping abilities to help the party. That goal in mind, I have a few requirements for any possible pets: Small Size / Unobtrusive Pet should be small, in order not to get in others' faces, and/or generally tick off the tank in the party. Using a golem in party feels obnoxious.
Decent Attack Power An ability to deal a decent amount of damage is appreciated. It need not be all-out attack (Scorpion); just enough to contribute. The more the better.
3 Support Skills Considering Bash or Flesh Ream as the first skill, both to add to damage and to allow me to level it solo more easily. For the remaining three skills, I'd like to add skills which help the party, ideally ones that can't be used by other classes (and thus I won't be interfering with). Main skills I was considering insofar were Howl and Threaten, possibly Pierce if I'm foxform. Base skills do not matter. I will acquire any needed skills.
Speed Optional. If possible, a support pet which can double as a puller would be great.
So there you have the list of what I'm looking for. I've been throwing around a few options, but still very unsure. A few of my thoughts:
- Frogling:Cute, small, good all-rounder, have one already. Probably frontrunner.
- Shaodu Cub:Cute, small, have already, but attack is lacking. Pounce not useful against many bosses, from what I understand.
- Scorpion:Nice attack, some concern over size.
- Kowlin:Doubles as puller well, some concern over size.
- Antelope:Small and nice attack, worth considering.
- Wolf:Seems like it might be good, size issue?
Anyways, I shall cut my post short, so I can start hearing your opinions on what pets might fit my bill, and what skills you feel would most suit my idea.