DoT Attacks

Wingedcross - Heavens Tear
Wingedcross - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Archer
well I'm curious if the archer DoTs are worth getting, I have poison and serrated at lvl 1 currently and planned on maxing them later in my archers life lol

Since archers do get 3 DoT atks (poison,serrated, and stormrage [think thats the skill name]) which seem pretty useful for bosses/duels vs melee/archers ..., obviously for mages/wizards ur just gonna spam ur high dmg skills

Anyways thoughts on this?

Btw Anyone else regret maxing quickshot >.<
Post edited by Wingedcross - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    from what i seen and personal experience, for an archer DoT attacks = waste of mp, time, sp and coins.
    cant say on bosses since i never bother using my DoT attacks except for fun, i elft them at lvl 1. but i know for a fact that u can get much better use off your 2 spark than to waste it on stormrage eagleon.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol i got 1 lvl of stormrage to see wut it looked like. the bird was cool and all, and my faction mates were like aww that bird was so cool, but the 2 spark cost was not cool.

as for the other 2, its seriously sufficient to just frost and use normal hits, knockback if necessary. after u get TT60 air mobs like foxwings and nightstalkers dont even get to hit u most of the time. maxing blazing, frost, winged blessing (or wutever the range upgrade was called) and always getting the latest lvl w/ bow mastery just makes the dot attacks not necessary.
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Contrary to the popular belief that DoTs for archers suck, I have found Serrated Arrow quite handy. But they definitely should not be on anyones priority list for investing in. I'd say, invest in em once you have all the main skills accounted for.

I havent got Stormrage (will not be getting it either), but I will be maxing Serrated and Vicious.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I got stormrage just because I did, it really isn't worth it unless you wanna be like OMG A BIRD wow 2 sparks gone .. QQ.. hahaha.. But I havent gotten Serrated up really, I have gotten vicious up a little. They are somewhat effective on bosses I guess, but not asap max or level..take it slow n baby it..or jsut wait till you max your other skills like the post above stated.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Dunno wht the others say, but dots are your best companions against barbs ... the thing is u cant kill them, but u can annoy them a lot with ur dots.

Dot is also helpful in pk if u feel the charm tick happens too fast for ur skill spam to kill someone. Put in the 2 dots first and then skill spam for better results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory