"Designer" Pets - Customizing Pet Skills Question

Options
Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
I really am enjoying collecting unusual Pets. But some don't seem to be particularly suited for much except looking cute or weird. b:chuckle

My question is how much can a Pets base characteristic be modified by adding the right skills?

For example: it would be really fun to be able to use a Snow Hare (I love the idea of a Monty Python - Killer Bunny) as a fighting pet but other than against magic Mob due to it's high Mag defense it doesn't look like it could be very good for much else. But I'm thinking if you add something like Bash 120% of base damage every 8 seconds, and other skills, maybe Tough, or Pounce (dunno if this can be purchased). You could really modify the amount of damage it can give and receive.

Anyone have any ideas experience on this? (assuming coin is no object ... so we don't have to squabble about whether it is worth it, LOL)

(I am also not expecting it to be the primary Pet in an important squad mission against a tough Boss.)
Post edited by Viper_girl - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You certainly can influence pets' character by adding certain skills. Threaten and Tough would help a mob tank better, while Pierce helps boost a pet's damage.

However, while you can do this to modify a pet relative to itself, it's important to keep in mind that you can perform the same character shift on another pet which has more base potential. You can give a Snow Hare all the tank skills you want for example, but if you apply the same set of modifications to a Golem you'll get a much better final result. All this to say:

You can put lipstick on a pig, but...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]