Funny Veno vs ... Dueling Story(s)

Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
I recently had a funny NooB dueling experience and wanted to share. After all I think these things are what really makes the game fun.

I was leveling up my pet Golem and grinding Mob outside Archosaur for quests with my low 20s Veno. A Cleric came up and gave me a full set of buffs, not that I needed them, but it was nice. So I said "Thanks".

Next thing I know he starts spamming me with Squad invites. I whispered a nice excuse to him. No response, either he didn't know how to whisper back or spoke no English. He keeps spamming me with squad invites and after the 10th decline, he invites me to Duel.

I had only dueled once before in the entire game but I was so irritated with him I accepted.

Now at this time I was in Foxform and with a Golem pet, so he prob thought I was a melee type Veno which I am not. So the cheeky guy takes to the sky right away. I removed Foxform and just unloaded all my Nukes at him as fast as I could. Meanwhile his attacks were bouncing off the buffs he had put on me earlier. Before I knew it he was at 0 HP and I was only down 25%.

Needless to say he disappeared and no more spam invites.

Anyone else have funny Veno vs ... dueling stories please post.
Post edited by Viper_girl - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The one that springs to mind fastest is the time some level 30ish lowbie BM was harassing a group of newbies in a starting area while my level 17ish or so (fogot what level she was at the time) was running around without armor/weapon on while I levele a few pets. After watching for a while and getting tired of his attitude, I finally told him to basically stop making an **** of himself.

Naturally, this gets him pissed off and he activates his cruise control (read: turns caps on and starts swearing like an immature 13 year old). A friend of mine that was 60 challenges him to a uel and he immediately trash talks the guy about trying to "pick on" someone 20 levels blow him when that's exactly what was already going on.

After enough of his ****, I get tired of hearing it ad desummon the pet I was leveling at the time before sending him a duel invite. Naturally, he trash talks a bit more and then accepts. Unfortunately for him, he didn't know how to play his class and my veno was wearing heavy armor for the physical mobs early-game.

To make a long story short: He only managed to get me to 30% HP before he died and he even tried to fly away when he realized he was losing the duel. To add insult to injury, I didn't use my pet during the fight and he had cleric buffs still on him. Needless to say, after the duel he ran off in shame while everyone in the area simply laughed at him.

My only regret is that I didn't turn on fraps to record it so I could see it and laugh or share the laughter with others. b:chuckle
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've got loads, but my favs are venos that *think* just bc they have a phoenix they can kill anyone.

In pk mode I'll occasionally have a veno send their phoenix after me and run away (for those of you that have one, dont do this, this is what gives venos a bad rep). So i proceed to kill the bird, and the veno was too far to heal so she turns around from running to come heal it, the bird dies.

Now my phoenix is in the air and on the hunt. She tries jumping off her flying mount to fall to the ground. My bird gets his stun off ^^, Oh and whats this two shots kills the veno that tried to jump me. Stupid people...

Veno's out there, learn to use your skills and not rely on your pet, otherwise you are worthless (especially when they fix the bug/the genie systems clot comes out).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ratinax - Sanctuary
    Ratinax - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I had something like that in Secret Passage a few weeks back, me and a friend were waiting for our squad to do FB29 for a friend back when I was 41. This wizard challenged me to a duel outta the blue, and being one to never deny a fight, I accepted. Lose or not, I always play it for fun >3

So he had no equipment on, but I knew he was high lvl because when I viewed him, he had a lvl 61 hat on, so I knew his lvl off the bat. I nuked him after about 3 hits (he was stupid enough to attack my pet first to push it back, which gave me time to power my skill and nuke his face nicely. So I win, tell him i'm 41 and he goes on saying he's 46. I laughed, pointed out he was 60+ and he tried to say that he had no equipment and said I must be some hacker to assume he's higher. So I told him he was an idiot, forgot his hat and everyone around me laughed their asses off at his fail. XD So then he dueled me again, with his armor, so my nuking failed a bit but I nearly won. He kicked my butt second time, but it was nothing to brag over, after all, I was 20 lvls under him XD He was saying, "haha! A lvl 46 pwned you!" I just rolled my eyes, called him a nub and went on with my fb squad (who was sitting in the bg waiting for me to finally leave him XD)

Sad days for us who run in with idiots D: I know someone in rl who sees me play and says he can get a lvl 1 to kick a lvl 60 mob's butt XD Good luck :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I dueled with my friend(wizard lvl 65+, I was 65+ too) and after it, he told me, that he wanted to attack me, but he attacked my pet... not sure if this's funny or not.. but thanks this and my fist-kowlin, i win. b:victory
    Maybe this's bug or something, I saw that he attacked with his spells my kowlin... not me, he isn't so stupid to attack my pet, not me in duel .. I guess b:laugh

After it we dueling like 4-5 times, with other my pets, and it was same at first.

+++
    I know, my english isn't excellent .. b:surrender

Edit: I haven't more stupid/funny duel story, I just ignore morons.. -.-
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I had an experience too... But not with a veno though... He's a BM...
    I was helping my friend in killing low level mob that time... (That time I was kind of low level....about 40+) and was using a normal weapon...
    Anyway, this BM was killing those mob at that time... Stealing my friend kill too.. My friend got frustrated, and told him politely Ar you killing xxxx mob? If so, want to team up...?' as my friend thought he's doing same quest as him. He even sent invitation to him, and got denied... Continue ksing... my friend decide to say politely again... 'Hi..Pls do ks...thx...' Don't know if this BM understand English or just simply ignored him, and continue ks... Then I continue hiting the mob, and told my friend to ignore him... Think I killed too fast, and left this BM unable to ks much... He suddenly challange me to a duel... Btw, that was lvl 20+ mob though... so I presume he's about that level too... as I saw him took a few hit to kill the mob, like my friend... I accepted the duel...
    He came charging at me with his skill, and I just stood there... His hit cant even deduct half of my hp...I nuked him 1-2 and he died....
    He then pm me 'Wow... What's your lvl?' I simply cant pmed him back...
  • Seilis - Lost City
    Seilis - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is not fun but is...err, youll get it if you're a veno
    So most classes totally thinks venos are very squishy and losrs in pvp. Somehow i was starting to think that >.> but I had my reasons

The point is some people always ask you (veno) if they can help, like we're totally fragile (happened to a friend veno lots of time). So this thing that happened made me proud of being a veno: one day after a human fb19, I decided to duel some of my guildmates that were with me in the squad. They were 3 BMs and an Archer. So i took out the Shadou cub (lvl52 and I was lvl62 with HH60) and we always have the funny event of dueling after every fb. So i dueled with my guild leader first, which was my lvl. Pawned him 2 times in duels thanx to shadou's stun (but it was only like 2 duels, so he got pissed or something and won the other duels). I pawned the archer 2 times as well (but the next times my cast was difficult cuz of his shoting, the other BM lvl62 with HH60 too, pawned him 5 times and the last BM like 4-5 lvls less than i was, pawned 3 times. o.o so I dunno if i was lucky or getting better at pvp, but guys, dont think venos are useless if they dont own a nix :3 and this guys were saying stuff like "i didnt have full chi, or there was lag, or i didnt use heal thingy at the moment"...like hell i had full chi, or didnt have lag -.-
    excuses of the ones that can tank with their bodies and get cheeky because of it. >.> they are lucky they have 5secs+ of stun skills...

Basically my pet was stun user and I just attacked. Some couldnt land a hit, and others used stun but was too late and my pet already had deal enough dmg on the player for my victory. So yeah, u can think of it as luck. I think that was at lvl 59-62.. :o
  • y0ungnastyman
    y0ungnastyman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I dueled with my friend(wizard lvl 65+, I was 65+ too) and after it, he told me, that he wanted to attack me, but he attacked my pet... not sure if this's funny or not.. but thanks this and my fist-kowlin, i win. b:victory
    Maybe this's bug or something, I saw that he attacked with his spells my kowlin... not me, he isn't so stupid to attack my pet, not me in duel .. I guess b:laugh

After it we dueling like 4-5 times, with other my pets, and it was same at first.

+++
    I know, my english isn't excellent .. b:surrender

Edit: I haven't more stupid/funny duel story, I just ignore morons.. -.-

Yeah, I don't know if this is a bug or deliberate, but it happened to a friend of mine recently, too. When the pet attacks, your target auto-targets onto the pet, regardless of who or what they have targeted before hand. So if your pet attacks in a PK situation, your opponent essentially has no choice but to hit it, giving the Veno the upperhand and ability to kite or charge.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    My best so far has to be back when I was lvl 40 and went to Etherblade. (Dueling Capital of HT it seems) I had a Blade Master take me on and we agreed no pet just me vs. him. I was cool with that. So I am in human form to cast Barbs on myself and the duel starts and I go Fox and hit him with Amp Damage...as he...Runs by me at a hundred miles an hour, then turns around and comes back in to my befuddling mist combo. Needless to say I made short work of him putting out more DPS than he could take and he spent most of the time hitting air but I could not figure out why he ran past me so I asked him. He told me that he thought I was going to cast spells at him and kite so he was just going to open by running to where I would run to and take me out LOL. Not being a Mage Veno FTW.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've got loads, but my favs are venos that *think* just bc they have a phoenix they can kill anyone.

In pk mode I'll occasionally have a veno send their phoenix after me and run away (for those of you that have one, dont do this, this is what gives venos a bad rep). So i proceed to kill the bird, and the veno was too far to heal so she turns around from running to come heal it, the bird dies.

Now my phoenix is in the air and on the hunt. She tries jumping off her flying mount to fall to the ground. My bird gets his stun off ^^, Oh and whats this two shots kills the veno that tried to jump me. Stupid people...

Veno's out there, learn to use your skills and not rely on your pet, otherwise you are worthless (especially when they fix the bug/the genie systems clot comes out).

Thats a fair tactic. Your opponent was just too noob to unsummon the bird instead of trying to heal it.

I have had lots of funny duels. But today a SentinelS barb had the crazy notion that he can defeat me in a duel. I lol'ed, knowing full well that bramble hood works in duels.

He thought he was clever to start with the chi stealing skill. Cute. But too bad I used hood half a sec before duel began. It didn't end well for him and my charm didn't tick.

Veno is absolutely the powerhouse in duels cus of deflect. The only class that can pull off an upset is probably a cleric. As a cleric you can put the veno to sleep till the hood runs out, then dish out massive damage once you're heal stacked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I was at lvl63 and I joined a squad to kill DoD. While we was waiting in Misfortune for the last squad member to join we started some dueling for fun. Here is what happened (no pet out for me and hadn't finished lvl59 cultivation)

Duels against lvl61 BM - I dueled a lot with him, and it seems he got pissed off as I won over and over without using pet. We tried to duel in different ways, but the only time he managed to win was when I wasn't using TT60 (used lvl59 1* weapon instead) and had no bramble guard. After that he settled down and refused to duel again. Seems the last win let him keep a bit of his pride and was a good ending for him.

Duel against lvl5x Barb - he wasn't in our squad, just saw us dueling and decided to challenge me. The duel turned out rather unpleasing as I had to use Metabolic boost and Soul Transfusion to win. When battle ended, the barb started to accuse me for using hp pots as he saw how my hp jumps back again and again. Somehow he didn't want to belive I used spells and told that I didn't duel fair. Some ppl tried to tell him that venos has spells like that and it is ok to use them, but he just didn't listen...

As for other duels from that day - I don't remember the results or how they went. Except the lose against lvl74 veno...
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I was fighting a lvl 7x Blademaster when I was 6x at Orchid Temple. I debuffed and then popped Bramble Hood and jumped and ran around on the temple, firing off shots every now and then. When I won, the Blademaster said it was cheap to jump and run around the temple.

I always thought utilizing your surroundings was key in fighting. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I always thought utilizing your surroundings was key in fighting. :P

One of the most annoying things. Fair, but, oh, so annoying... I think it is more fit for PK, not for duels.

I have always considered that duels are more like power/skill show off to see who is better and stronger. Kitting wouldn't assure me that I am weaker or stronger. It is in PK, where you have to win no matter what. Duels and kitting doesn't go together well for me. Probably it is different in Lost City and for different players :P
  • Blade__Queen - Heavens Tear
    Blade__Queen - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i dnt have any deuling ones that spring to mind but in pk i was grinding away the infamous in an area with very few people this cleric came along and attacked me when i was facing the other way so i turned around and fired a few shots and killed him with the help of my nix then 5 mins later he came back i killed him again, 4x this happened he just wouldnt quit until i think i cleaned him out of all his drops as each time he dropped items so it was fun for me but i dnt no what he was thinking ^^
  • Hazon - Sanctuary
    Hazon - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Will hp/gold charm work during duel? Cos someone accused me for using charms during duel which wasn't activate during that time. I did cast leech on her pet which gave me some hp, is it fair to use leech?
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Will hp/gold charm work during duel? Cos someone accused me for using charms during duel which wasn't activate during that time. I did cast leech on her pet which gave me some hp, is it fair to use leech?

Charms doesn't work in duels - it ticks only after duel ends. Have tested that :P
    Leech is fine, just like any other spell. Cast whatever you have or need, just no items.
  • Maliza - Heavens Tear
    Maliza - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No specifics, but.....

It's just fun seeing melee chars kill themselves on you without casting an attack spell b:laugh (still level 80+ chars attack me from the start of a duel.... they never learn b:chuckle).

Also its so much fun stunning a cleric channeling tempest (pet stun -> own stun->bye bye cleric).
    Heavens Tear
    Maliza - 8x veno
    CriticalMary - 6x archer
    Maradishu - 5x cleric (only if needed)
    Makito - barb 4x (in rest)
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    In past, on my cleric I duel...ed? with my guidmate, she was archer. We have duel without weapons and armors only sometimes using some spells. This was funny, because we was doing so little dmg, but so fast xD And some ppl come to watch what we are doing and speaking like "wtf??? lol... female boxing, who want buy a ticket??" xD Oh, and this was in fb29,on this rock platform.. on start.. b:laugh
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory