Class Advantages

JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
JiHuwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Ok... this has been makin me a bit irratated... I play a Cleric, lvl 53 as of now, and Clerics can stack Ironheart Blessings for a more efficient over-time heal. and ive had too many people tell me that i "cheated" or "played unfairly" because i would stack my rionhearts before a duel or right before a PK... its a class skill and i'm taking advantage of it. and PLEASE no one complain about Sparking for duels or PK because thats even worse since ALL classes have it.
Just when you thought Light Armor on a Cleric was too much... 7% crit though FTW b:victory
Post edited by JiHuwing - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Your jsut using it for your advantage... If u have it use it.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Edit: Why can't I type in call caps?

New post:

Yeah, use heals all you want. Zoe might disapprove, but nobody cares. What matters is you're the one alive in the end, with your enemy dead. Feel free to achieve that however you like.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No healing is fine like that the only thing I have about it is that it shows you aren't as good at pvp as you could be.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ark wrote: »
    edit: Why Can't I Type In Call Caps?

New Post:

Yeah, Use Heals All You Want. Zoe Might Disapprove, But Nobody Cares. What Matters Is You're The One Alive In The End, With Your Enemy Dead. Feel Free To Achieve That However You Like.

Qft ..........
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Just think about it. If you are able to kill people without using heals or stuns, it shows you are much better at pvp than people who need to use those things to win. Apparently common sense isn't so common after all.
    Main characters
    edited January 2009
    healing doesnt mke you worse inpvp......

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeliaLotus - Lost City
    DeliaLotus - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just think about it. If you are able to kill people without using heals or stuns, it shows you are much better at pvp than people who need to use those things to win. Apparently common sense isn't so common after all.

And if you are able to kill with all level 0 equipment, you're even better! Effectively relying on your skills and equipment available is part of the challenge. Otherwise it's just a stat competition. This is a roleplaying game, not a first person shooters. Your character's particular strengths and weaknesses affect gameplay, not just your personal ability for game combat.

There is no reason people shouldn't use they're class skills in combat, in my opinion. That's why they're there.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Whatever it takes to win. If they don't like it, too bad,

That's such a minor thing, I find it hard to believe that anyone would even complain about it.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Nobody should ever take the opinion of the person I quoted above in consideration. If I see a WR not stun, a EP not heal, I won't go around thinking he's strong I'll just laugh my **** off because he doesn't know how to play his character. Just like a Werefox not using any pet (lol@youZoe)
    ZzXVdr5.png
    edited January 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    Nobody should ever take the opinion of the person I quoted above in consideration. If I see a WR not stun, a EP not heal, I won't go around thinking he's strong I'll just laugh my **** off because he doesn't know how to play his character. Just like a Werefox not using any pet (lol@youZoe)

qft..........

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited January 2009

QFT. I always cry 'NOOB' when archers kill me with arrows. A real archer would just shoot air at me.
    And as for BMs using stuns pfft, BMs should never use stuns that's just cheating. Everytime I see a BM stunning in TW I submit a ticket. Still waiting for a response though :/

On topic.

In PvP all's fair except glitches/hacks. And there is always going to be a class that can beat another class easily, that's just the way games are designed to bring balance of sorts. Especially in a team based game like PerfectWorld.

I don't agree with stacking heals before a duel though. Once the duel has started spam all the heals you want.
    I like pie
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009

This logic fails extremely hard. If we apply it for lulz, the only ones winning anything are the classes with the highest dmg output. That means archers/mages are best class and everyone else sux at pvp. And venos with pets are for noobs too I guess. Mages cant use magic...fail...all mages must wand to death to be good at pvp. Now win all your duels versus archers without pets and come back to me about pvp. Dumb statement.

Pvp is about who is better at using their skills. That includes heals and stuns. If i played a stun class and didnt use stuns, i'd be an idiot. Same as a cleric who doesn't use heals. Moron =/= good at pvp.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    If you need to stun to kill me, and I can kill you without stunning you back, I'm clearly better at pvp than you.
    Main characters
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    Shonindayo - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Its called a class balance...are you ****? If a class is built on winning by stunning, then guess what?? Not stunning would be gimping myself. That's like me dueling you as a mage and not using magic. Stupid.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you need to stun to kill me, and I can kill you without stunning you back, I'm clearly better at pvp than you.

lol and I guess you're allowed to run away if you're about to die right? Where a stun would ensure the kill. There is a thing called Range vs Melee, Melees are granted stuns to be able to stand a chance against ranged class. It's called balance, I'm sorry if you never played a melee class in your life and that your brain doesn't allow you to have any sort of logic. Quit posting nobody thinks you're good or smart.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    your brain doesn't allow you to have any sort of logic. Quit posting nobody thinks you're good or smart.

Quoted for truth.
    Keep posting tho, Zoe's replies are always a good laugh.
    So far we have

- Lvl 30 molded equips ftw
    - She pvp agaisnt people 20 lvls higher and own them (and I'm osama bin laden in disguise)
    - Venos' pets are for noobs
    - 1 shot thru bramble hood
    - Kiting is for noobs
    - Warrior stun is for noobs
    - Clerics that heal are noobs

Freaking priceless, got more pvp ownage advice zoe ? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Quoted for truth.
    Keep posting tho, Zoe's replies are always a good laugh.
    So far we have

- Lvl 30 molded equips ftw
    - She pvp agaisnt people 20 lvls higher and own them (and I'm osama bin laden in disguise)
    - Venos' pets are for noobs
    - 1 shot thru bramble hood
    - Kiting is for noobs
    - Warrior stun is for noobs
    - Clerics that heal are noobs

Freaking priceless, got more pvp ownage advice zoe ? b:cute
    Let's not forget the taking on 50 mobs that are 50 levels above her b:laugh
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Oooo....i know i know, in order to be really the best, you have to pvp while having one arm tied behind your back (in real world), wearing an eye patch and having drank 2L of water but not being allowed to go to the bathroom.

While not using charms, heals, pots, sparks. Only fist weapons, only fashion for armor (bikini's for both male and female). Your hair must be dyed purple and between every attack you have to do the "wave" emote.

Gogogo! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009

wtf is this person an r-tard?
  • Roxie - Heavens Tear
    Roxie - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wenh93 wrote: »
    wtf is this person an r-tard?

I came here looking for pvp tips and found this topic. After reading through it I have this to say.

Actually, I'd say she knows what shes talking about.

Person A and Person B fight. Both blademasters. Person A stuns Person B to beat them right? However Person A messes up and cannot keep Person B stunlocked for some reason. Person B ends up killing Person A without using a single stun. Person B is clearly better at pvp, as they did not need to stun to win, and Person A did.

My avatar isn't working right now but I happen to be a BM myself.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Actually, I'd say she knows what shes talking about.

Person A and Person B fight. Both blademasters. Person A stuns Person B to beat them right? However Person A messes up and cannot keep Person B stunlocked for some reason. Person B ends up killing Person A without using a single stun. Person B is clearly better at pvp, as they did not need to stun to win, and Person A did.

My avatar isn't working right now but I happen to be a BM myself.

Are you just an alt of Zoe on this forum to make it look like you have support? If you are not and are looking for tips, i have one for you. NEVER EVER listen to one thing Zoe has posted on any forum that has the slightest thing to do with PvP

Your example makes no sense, none. A lot of these fights are pure luck anyway. Lets assume people have the same exact build, eq, stats. Stuns still can miss, one person still can crit, doesn't make them better or worse since lots of it is a game of chance. The person that uses their skills to their advantage to win a fight and does more often then not is better at PvP in this game. If person B beat person A 18 times to 2, then you can tell me they are better in PvP, in your example the outcome would be the reverse
    b:bye
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If person B didn't even try to use their stuns, they obviously don't know what they're doing. If they still beat person A, who did use stuns, then it would be because of a level, gear, or luck advantage. But person A is still the better PvPer.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I dont get this messed up logic b:surrender.

Does Zoe mean that players using skills to control target in pvp (sleep, paralyse, stun, seal) are less skilled than nubs that only uses pure attack skills?

Being able to time cooldown on stuns, shields, paralyse etc, thats what makes someone skilled in pvp, not just wacking away using raw power b:chuckle
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009

Does Zoe mean that players using skills to control target in pvp (sleep, paralyse, stun, seal) are less skilled than nubs that only uses pure attack skills?

Yea using your class' skills to get the upper hand is nubish for her.
    lol....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• StuartX - Sanctuary
    StuartX - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Your jsut using it for your advantage... If u have it use it.
    Didn't I see you in game somewhere???...
  • Roxie - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    I am the alt of no one I just came looking for pvp stuff. I heard bms are pretty decent at it. So then, ignoring stuns, what can a sword bm do in pvp?

I don't mean not using them, I mean talk about everything other than them.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I am the alt of no one I just came looking for pvp stuff. I heard bms are pretty decent at it. So then, ignoring stuns, what can a sword bm do in pvp?

I don't mean not using them, I mean talk about everything other than them.

You cant just ignore them, it's a vital part of your strategy.
    That's like a veno ignoring pets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Roxie - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    You cant just ignore them, it's a vital part of your strategy.
    That's like a veno ignoring pets

Pay attention to what I said please.
  • Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The person who is "better" in PvP is the one who wins. The objective of PKing and, to a lesser extent dueling, is to defeat the opponent.

If you beat someone who uses stuns and heals, great -- you've beaten someone and proven that you are the "better" PvPer. If you lose to someone who stuns and heals, you are not the "better" PvPer. If you complain about class advantages and use them as an excuse to degrade skill, the only thing you're better at is making rules up in your head.
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    Shonindayo - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just because you win doesn't mean you're better at pvp. That statement is incorrect. There is way too many chance factors for it to be as black and white as that.

The person better at pvp is the one who demonstrates the most knowledge about class capabilities through combat. That means timing stuns, countering techniques, using range effectively, and mana efficiency as well as skill efficiency. A stunlock BM is far better than a BM that just wacks things. A mage that chooses spells for desired effect is far better than a skill spammer. A veno with different pets for different situations if far better than a veno with some random pet for lulz. An archer who keeps fighters outside of melee range is far better than one who just stands there and shoots arrows. As you can see, the idea is to use your skills effectively for a desired outcome. Auto attack =/= good at pvp, but terrible. If you win without utilizing skills, you were lucky, had a huge level difference, or simply had epic gear. It doesn't mean you're better, you just have more ****.

And a sword BM without stuns is useless. Thats like me asking what a mage can do besides cast magic. Have fun auto attacking.