Will Darkness stamps bug be fixed with this patch?

Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
I bet it will not be fixed yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
Post edited by Blancheneige - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Fixing is a myth in PWI. Doesn't exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Well, no news about it in the patch note 60.

Does it really takes 4 monthst to fix a simple drop table? I feel another notorious PWE scam with this, like :

We are not able to put back Darkness stamps back in the game but hey look! We are now selling reputation candies in the cash shop!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WolfLadyCZ - Sanctuary
    WolfLadyCZ - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Bingo.

I've seen it with many different MMOs in the past - first (some) true care for the player community, then slowly greed takes over as more players join and the game's reputation grows... and then it just turns into a cash cow, with bugs abounding (and promises of fixes)... but no real work gets done.

To be honest, this game seemed to me "too" Cash-Shop-hungry right from the start - I mean, extending your bank and inventory with CS items?
    @.o

All in all, it seems to me that PWI has gone through all those three stages I described above amazingly quickly... oh well, progress.
    Hope somebody reads the forums and reacts to the player feedback... I would hate to leave this game... but I will if nothing is done. I've done it several times before, for quite similar reasons.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Actually, I don't think it is a bug, rather, it is by design.

But, not in the way that most a jumping to a conclusion of it becoming a pure cash shop driven incentive.

On the PW-MY version, all of a sudden the same FB's stopped dropping stamps as well (they call them signets over there). When asked, the staff and some players that play on the Chinese servers started explaining that some sort of new daily quest (or perhaps once per dungeon per day, they weren't very clear as much was lost in translation) was on it's way which would guarantee a certain amount of stamps(signets) to be dropped per dungeon instance. They mentioned also that NPC's were going to be added at the begining of each instance, and this is where you pick up your quest possibly.

The initial number that was mentioned was 100 (here again, some confusion, because it wasn't cleared up whether that meant 100 rep per quest, or 100 stamps per quest, which is a HUGE difference).

There are some things that were added to the FB's some time ago (the chests we can't "dig", for example), so it is quite possible that there is something to all this that will be revealed in the future. Considering the daunting task of reaching 200k rep for the top tier military gear, I sure hope so!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    The initial number that was mentioned was 100 (here again, some confusion, because it wasn't cleared up whether that meant 100 rep per quest, or 100 stamps per quest, which is a HUGE difference).

If it's 100 per day...

100 rep per day = to reach 200.000 it means 2000 day = close to 5 and a half year....

And a good team can drop much more than 100 stamps per day....

Still looks like a scam devised to increase the sale of reputation candies...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There is NOTHING WRONG with the STAMPS, thus it cannot be fixed

The GMs simply REMOVED them from droplist in fb69+++ so that we cant get rank 8 till they bring REP CANDY

Its a marketing scheme the GMs here at INT thought of, too bad the guys on MY didnt think of it too

The INT staff will make ALOT MORE $ from rep candy than the MY staff

GG to whoever thought of this scheme, u sir deserve a RAISE !
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    There is NOTHING WRONG with the STAMPS, thus it cannot be fixed

The GMs simply REMOVED them from droplist in fb69+++ so that we cant get rank 8 till they bring REP CANDY

Its a marketing scheme the GMs here at INT thought of, too bad the guys on MY didnt think of it too

The INT staff will make ALOT MORE $ from rep candy than the MY staff

GG to whoever thought of this scheme, u sir deserve a RAISE !

You do realize that the stamps (called signets on PW-MY) are not dropping over there now as well, don't you? This all occurred around the same time on the various servers with I believe the Lost Empire patch.

@Blancheneige I tend to believe that it will be more like 100 stamps per quest at the value of the FB (so higher level FBs would provide 100 stamps with each stamp worth the same as they used to in the FB, while lower FBs would provide stamps equal to those levels). This makes more sense, rather than a flat, static value as obviously the challenge of running an FB89 is far more difficult than running an FB19.

So (and I forget the exact values of each stamp), lets say FB19 stamps give 3 rep each. Someone taking that rep quest would receive 300 rep for that day, where as, let's say in FB79 the stamps are worth 10 each, then they would receive 1000 rep per quest.

Using that logic, a player farming rep on higher level FBs would take about 200 days or so, roughly just over half a year. I don't think that is an unreasonable amount of time considering how impressive the max level military gear is. People should not be able to snap their fingers and suddenly have a slew of items adding +4% crits and such. Besides, I think all of that top gear is level 100 req'd, so for most players, there would be plenty of time to farm rep by the time they hit level 100+ (if they get those quests in here in a timely fashion mind you!)

Like I said, it was reported from other sources, and nothing formal has been released by this staff yet. At this point, everything is postulation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    You are probably right, I remember a note here saying NPCs were removed from inside or at the entrence of FB89...

The main problem is that right now, I would be over 10k rep already. And I'm afraid they will never give me back those rep point I've lost because of their inefficiency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I can say with 100% certainty that a new system will be implemented soon to correct this issue. As soon as we have more details regarding the timing of this release, you can be sure that we'll let you guys know right away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    ShadeKitty - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Whats wrong with the drop rate of stamps? I know they drop, I've gotten a few, not many, but a few in both fbs 39 and 51 (one fb 51 we got like 9) So yeah obviously rep is hard to come by and I wouldn't mind having more, but no matter how good the high rank stuff is, you don't NEED it.
    edited January 2009
    Whats wrong with the drop rate of stamps?

They don't drop anymore in FB69 and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Serjah - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    You do realize that the stamps (called signets on PW-MY) are not dropping over there now as well, don't you? This all occurred around the same time on the various servers with I believe the Lost Empire patch.

stamps stoped droping like 3 months ago b:bye
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.

by xtrm9
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I can say with 100% certainty that a new system will be pay 1 USD for 20 rep in form of a piece of cash shop candy.

They will never make stamps drop at decent rate in fbs again.

They will never fix clerics magic defence buff bugg

They will never fix the veno pets flesh ream bugg

They will never fix they damn bugg where u cant see any of the surroundings player

They will probably not even fix the damn charcoil mines

Monthly race will never open

And they charm packs will probably never come back

They also wont deal with the huge botting issues or the people using jumphacks in fb/hh getting rich by cheating

And Gms here cant do anything about it. Patches comes from Beijing Perfect World Co. So i doubt QQ on forum will help in any other way than letting my frustration out lol.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    stamps stoped droping like 3 months ago b:bye

Actually, doing some extensive thread searching, the earliest post questioning the lost stamps was back on 11/20/08 (a far cry from 3 months, barely 1 1/2 months).

If you remember (or maybe you didn't know), prior to the actual launch date of the Lost Empire mega patch, the staff informed us that much of the content was being pre-loaded in the previous weeks to help with the transition and the over all size of the main patch.

In other words, much of the stuff regarding the Lost Empire was already here before Dec. 3, when the bulk of the patch was downloaded.

PW-MY went through a somewhat similar phase, and gave very little information about what was in each patch (as usual). I believe they call the Lost Empire patch something odd like Chrono-something or other.

All I am saying is that the missing stamps issue is not unique to this server and that it reared it's ugly head, so to speak, around the same time as the multiple patches were being added for the expansion, on both our server and the Malaysian server. It would seem to me that a conclusion could be drawn that (a) the high level rep stamps, FB69 and up, were removed intentionally by Beijing, and that (b) they do have a master plan to re-instate them back into the game which involves some questing from all indicators on other forums.

I don't deny that some versions started selling the infamous "wedding candy" in an effort to generate sales, but I am not going to jump to conclusions and say that is the only reason they took them out. Each version has a say so in what they sell in the cash shop, and not every previous version sells the candy.

Personally, as I have said before, I hope they don't ever sell the candy. The current sales in the cash shop don't over balance things in gameplay. Selling rep candy is a fast track to getting really good gear, and then a separation starts to form between uber rich players and the average player who can't spend a lot in the cash shop.

I am hoping for a quest.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Think it has to do with those Summonobot XL's or w/e those npc's in fb89 are. I saw that in the CN version there is an npc which you can get a certain amount of rep and in the MYEN forums people are trying to translate what you need to do.
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    I can say with 100% certainty that a new system will be pay 1 USD for 20 rep in form of a piece of cash shop candy.

They will never make stamps drop at decent rate in fbs again.

They will never fix clerics magic defence buff bugg

They will never fix the veno pets flesh ream bugg

They will never fix they damn bugg where u cant see any of the surroundings player

They will probably not even fix the damn charcoil mines

Monthly race will never open

And they charm packs will probably never come back

They also wont deal with the huge botting issues or the people using jumphacks in fb/hh getting rich by cheating

And Gms here cant do anything about it. Patches comes from Beijing Perfect World Co. So i doubt QQ on forum will help in any other way than letting my frustration out lol.

THEY WILL NEVER CHANGE MYSTERIOUS MERCHANT PRICES BACK TO NORMAL (although on MY prices didnt change at xmas event)
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.

by xtrm9
    edited January 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    I can say with 100% certainty that a new system will be implemented soon to correct this issue. As soon as we have more details regarding the timing of this release, you can be sure that we'll let you guys know right away.
    Soooooo. Still no fixes for that after what? 3 months?

What does "soon" mean for PWE? 2 years?

b:fatbb:fatbb:fatb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Image - Lost City
    Image - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Stamps are nice... but really dont need the extreme drop rate i have seen on another server.

Anyone know who has highest rep in heaven tear and sanctuary, and how much?

If they keep rep difficult it would be nice to have a top 50 and keep track
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    <3 xarfox ty for reply
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Not only that, but recently i started farming apocalypse pages (for lv79 skills), and i noticed the drop rates are VERY different than those listed on pwdatabase.com.
    A monster that has the item as 46% if 1 item drops (average 15% for a page per catacomb dragon on real probability), dropped many times items with 5-10% chance (Sign of Twilight) but never dropped a single page.
    On 4 full TT1-3 runs (40+ dragons killed), 1 page dropped.

And on 5 TT2-2 runs (50 mobs at 5% each), 1 page dropped too.

Any GM/Developer can give us any insight about this? Im not the only one thinking they have been "nerfed" unnecessarily.