Lunar Glade Single Mode?

Options
Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
So I got this quest...

And when I enter Lunar Valley, I see this NPC called "Lunar Janitor", but the only option is squad mode...

How can you enter this area in single mode?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
Post edited by Blancheneige - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    blanche, ive completed the required quest to open lunar solo (From Initiated Wiseman) yet no SOLO MODE available. Database shows that same NPC (Initiated Wiseman) should give u a quest to open solo mode , as soon as u complete the 1st quest, yet it does not give such a quest.

i suggest not bothering asking GMs to help with this stuff, they never do, u write tickets and never get any help

just pray that some months in the future they WANT to fix some bugs, coz the game is really STACKING in major bugs
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Ah, I see.

I can stop searching for that solo mode then b:sad

More quests to delete...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GrYnnAn - Sanctuary
    GrYnnAn - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i suggest not bothering asking GMs to help with this stuff, they never do, u write tickets and never get any help

just pray that some months in the future they WANT to fix some bugs, coz the game is really STACKING in major bugs

Agree. I've reported a few bugs, when nothing happened I wrote in the forum, only to be ridiculed and called a "flamer" by the GMs. Even though nothing I wrote was unfriendly, unfair nor did I use a immature language.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I read somewhere about some place where you had to complete squad mode before you could open solo mode. Maybe I was reading about Lunar Glade?
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I read somewhere about some place where you had to complete squad mode before you could open solo mode. Maybe I was reading about Lunar Glade?

Yes, I've heard the same thing too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The lunar glade you enter first is *single* mode.
    Check the quest "Alone in the valley" in pwdatabase.
    You will be asked to kill some Frigoris: Tsanhsuan's, which if you clock on them will show they are the level 90/370k health variety.
    If you go into lunar glade and kill some at the entrance, they will count towards that quest.
    So the mode you get access to at the start is *single mode*

Next look at this quest....valley entrance
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18634
    You will see it needs you to have completed "Alone in the valley"
    Now check its sub quest "make the way".
    You will see you have to kill some Frigoris: Tsanhsuan' in *solo* mode.
    Click on the monster, and you will see that it is the level 93/60k health variety.

So what do we know so far? That initially you get access to *single* mode, and by doing the quest "Alone in the valley" you then get access to *solo* mode. (very confusing having solo and single being different, perhaps lost in translation)

There is however a third type of Frigoris: Tsanhsuan if you check pwdatabase. This one is level 100 with 700k health. presumably this is the equivelant of squad mode.

Look at the quest "first attack". You have to kill Frigoris: Prajna (91)'s, but if you click on this you get the 700k life version with about 8k physical attack. This sounds to me like the squad mode version, as it has roughly the same stats as the non-solo non-single Frigoris: Tsanhsuan.

What unlocks squad mode. Im not sure. either "Alone in the valley" or "Valley entrance" I'd guess. I wasnt able to tell from looking at pwdatabase.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The lunar glade you enter first is *single* mode.
    Check the quest "Alone in the valley" in pwdatabase.
    You will be asked to kill some Frigoris: Tsanhsuan's, which if you clock on them will show they are the level 90/370k health variety.
    If you go into lunar glade and kill some at the entrance, they will count towards that quest.
    So the mode you get access to at the start is *single mode*

Next look at this quest....valley entrance
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18634
    You will see it needs you to have completed "Alone in the valley"
    Now check its sub quest "make the way".
    You will see you have to kill some Frigoris: Tsanhsuan' in *solo* mode.
    Click on the monster, and you will see that it is the level 93/60k health variety.

So what do we know so far? That initially you get access to *single* mode, and by doing the quest "Alone in the valley" you then get access to *solo* mode. (very confusing having solo and single being different, perhaps lost in translation)

There is however a third type of Frigoris: Tsanhsuan if you check pwdatabase. This one is level 100 with 700k health. presumably this is the equivelant of squad mode.

Look at the quest "first attack". You have to kill Frigoris: Prajna (91)'s, but if you click on this you get the 700k life version with about 8k physical attack. This sounds to me like the squad mode version, as it has roughly the same stats as the non-solo non-single Frigoris: Tsanhsuan.

What unlocks squad mode. Im not sure. either "Alone in the valley" or "Valley entrance" I'd guess. I wasnt able to tell from looking at pwdatabase.

- The quest "Alone in the valley" has a false description ( bug reported)

Lone Kowalsky does give the quest ( or whatever his name is) and you must finish this quest to be able to open the single mode (and not be done in single mode has stated)

Foxx , only way to open anything in LG is to be 2 ppl , lv85+ and that both persons have done the quest with the 5 planets.. and the NPC opens "Squad mode" - try to finish "alone in the valley" to be able to open single mode.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah, im not happy with the names "single" and "solo" being 2 separate modes. Im just not sure that the first mode you get is the true "squad" mode, since harder versions of the same mobs are in the database, and I suspect unlocked through certain quests.

Interestingly the same situation exists for frostcovered mobs, however in that case the first type you meet is the easiest mob type. So I suppose you could say theres a squad and a super-squad mode, though I only know how to open one of them.

Check the pwdatabase if you want to see what I mean. Do a search on "holan". The 700k one is the one that drops the stuff for the curvade quest. Then there are 9m and 11m versions, with the 11m having much higher damage and better loot.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Check the pwdatabase if you want to see what I mean. Do a search on "holan". The 700k one is the one that drops the stuff for the curvade quest. Then there are 9m and 11m versions, with the 11m having much higher damage and better loot.

Take note that the 9m version of Holan is listed as not existing in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Take note that the 9m version of Holan is listed as not existing in the game.

maybe, maybe not.
    The frigoris that counts for the "Alone in the valley" (the 300k level 90 one) quest doesnt exist either according to pwdatabase, yet it is definitly there.
    Not to mention, none of the world bosses exist either according to pwdatabase.

I dont think that flag means a lot.
  • Asila - Lost City
    Asila - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    to Access the Single Mode u have to Finish the Quest where u should Kill
    Frigoris: (dont remember) 5 and
    Insularum: Shoveal 10
    After that u can Access every Valley that u completed (Killed the Boss) in Single Mode directly but u need that Substance from the Material Pot(5 of each special Material).
    In Single Mode u only get Access to 3 Valleys and at the end of the third one theres an NPC which will port u out of the Dungeon.
    Which Valleys u get Access after the First, depends on which Valley u chose as First as long as i know
  • Jeroen - Harshlands
    Jeroen - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i become 85 yesterday and now i need to do some questing in the lunar dungon.

is there anny good movie or form that explainse houw to run a lunar run? b:question
    You got fb, bh, HH, TT, and FC but i have a BD ( Beer Drinking )
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Talk about necro'ing a thread, this is epic.

So far, GM's advise to stay away from Lunal altogether. Period

You'll get killed for nothing.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)