Memento - "We have Souls"

aloysiusknight
aloysiusknight Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Guild Banter
First and Foremost - For those agitated about a Memento topic being posted several times, here is my answer, "If all the other guilds can do it, by God so can I."

Now, let's cut to the chase. "Why should you join this guild"?

"Oh, I've gained 10 levels in a single day because of these people! : D"

"It's so full of people and has tons of events!"

"They give you candy!"

"Random hot chicks will have sex in your back yard!"

"You're not cool if you don't join this guild!"

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, and if you're looking to be lied to, take it up with one of the more popular guilds who are likely to lie until your face melts off of your skull just for the chance to be one of their army of grind slave clones.

Memento is established to be something that other guilds, at least the more popular guilds, don't seem to aim to do, and that's to be a truly social guild, a guild dedicated to having a good time rather than

A. Having the most members
B. Having the most territory
C. Having the most money overall
D. Being the most famous
E. Being elitists
F. Beating everyone else for no real reason whatsoever
G. Hate on people who aren't in their guild

Memento is established with what we believe is what a guild should truly be.

A group of people
With a common goal
Who work together
To achieve it
Building bonds with each other
By going through both hardships and random funnies
Sticking together and avoiding jerk offs who live in their mothers basement who have nothing better to do than to decrease the quality of everyone's lives by kill stealing and making **** jokes and then being ignorant when it comes to things such as age and/or race.

We want people who have souls living in their bodies, who worry more about things other than grinding their face into the dirt to

"BE THE BEST
BE THE VERY VERY BEST

I'M GONNA BE THE BEST AND RUIN EVERYONE ELSE'S LIVES 'CAUSE IF YOU'RE NOT THE BEST

YOU

ARE

A

NUB"

Nay, we only have one requirement.

We don't want you to be at least level 20.
We don't want you to be a certain race.
We don't want you to be a certain gender.
We aren't "only accepting Clerics over level 30"

We're looking for people with "souls". Now, what we'd like to consider to be a soul would be...

A) Having an actual personality
B) Being aware that being respectful to others is expected
C) Being aware that you aren't the center of the universe, but that doesn't mean receiving help is impossible
D) Being aware that helping others is a /good/ thing

For all those whom are interested, please, post here, or perchance contact us in-game as...

Blitzberry

or

Hephaestus

Or you can reach us at our guild forums located here.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/PWMemento/index.php?act=idx

Being a part of what we're trying to make "The True Social Guild" is as simple as using common sense and just making the attempt to join.

We're not going to hate on you for bad English.

We're not going to hate on you for being 13.

We're not going to hate on you for not being level 20+.

Once again, the goal of this faction is to create a group of players, friends, companions, whom will strive to towards the unified goal of actually enjoying the game.

Once again, our forums are...

http://z10.invisionfree.com/PWMemento/index.php?act=idx

At least give us a try, I mean, what harm could that do?

Thank you for reading, whomever has.

Carpe Diem,
Demon
"You'd be nonconforming to if you looked just like me" - Emos

Hephaestus - Leader of Memento
Location - Heaven's Tear
Post edited by aloysiusknight on

Comments

• chiyochan
    chiyochan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Uhm... That guild sounds... Pretty big o.o;;;
    I don't know if I'm good enough to join it but... Erm...
    My name's Chiya and I'm on Heaven's Tear.
    Uhm... I don't really like fighting or anything competative like guild wars, so I hope you don't mind if I don't participate...
    I'm also new... Uhm... Please forgive my newness and... Stuff...
    Erm... I'm also a venomancer >.<;
    And I don't hate on young people 'cause I'm... Kinda young too... So...
    Well... Yeah...
  • inuseito
    inuseito Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    All I have to say is until you have actually been part of Dragons do NOT come out with your half baked comments about how it is run. The higher up levels in Dragons assist the lower levels so it will be easier for all of us. Dragons isn't a guild, it's a family. We help each other with rl problems as well as game problems. Also as far as I know Dragons have not pk'd anyone and personally I go around assisting lower levels with different problems they have in game and crafting random things for lower levels just to help them out even though most of my smithing is maxed out until I do the quest to get level 4.
    I will repeat, you do not know me nor anyone in Dragons so please remove us from this post.

Ps. Flaming in order to get people to join your guild? Real nice.
  • aloysiusknight
    edited September 2008
    @chiyochan - Yes, you may join, that's perfectly fine ^^. You're probably gonna be one of our first members outside of a close circle of friends, so I would like to apologize for the small size of our guild. Either way, we will do our very hardest to ensure that your time with us is a happy time. Private message us when you're online at Hephaestus or Blitzberry, or you can send us some mail or something. You may also join our forums and such ^^

@inuseito - ... Beg your pardon?
    We weren't trying to flame your guild, terribly sorry about the "mixed messages".
    Please, calm down.
    I do believe the only time I mentioned Dragons, the guild whatsoever in this entire post would be...

"If Dragons and The Empire and all the other freaking guilds can do it, by God so can I."

So please, I would like to kindly and /calmly/ ask you to calm down.

Please and thank you.

Note - If by what you meant as "flaming" as what I was talking about...

a guild dedicated to having a good time rather than

A. Having the most members
    B. Having the most territory
    C. Having the most money overall
    D. Being the most famous
    E. Being Dragons
    F. Beating everyone else for no real reason whatsoever
    G. Hate on people who aren't in their guild

Then I am terribly sorry that you believe that you are one of those guilds.

Note II - I would also like to ask that if you don't wish to post anything positive about Memento, and if all you would like to do is lecture us with, what I would like to consider "imaginary issues", may I please ask of you to at least not post at all in this thread? Perchance even a private message would suffice. Make love, not war, you know?

Note III - I was actually in Dragons. I do believe I went by the name Adonis, and was a Marshal there for some time. I also believe I had joined before you had done so.

Location - Heaven's Tear
  • tomasut
    tomasut Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Dude, I was IN your guild. You were all treated me like **** because I wasn't your figurehead, then ignored my husband when he wasn't making your guild look better.

Sidenote: Yes, Chiyo you can join. Just please join our forums too. (I also apologize for this post to anyone who deserves it.)
  • chiyochan
    chiyochan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Wow... Thank you... You two seem really nice... 'Cept for Inu, but that's okay, he isn't part of the guild.
    At least I hope so...
    Erm, I'm gonna try and be around as much as possible, thank you for letting me in.
    Not having many guild mates is alright, we all have to start somewhere ^^;
    Erm... Thank you very much Aloysious and Tomasu. I really appreciate it.
    Oh, and don't let other people get to you... They're just mean 'cuz their life sucks.
  • pyrohemia
    pyrohemia Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    @inuseito - ... Beg your pardon?
    We weren't trying to flame your guild, terribly sorry about the "mixed messages".
    Please, calm down.

A guild dedicated to having a good time rather than:
    E. Being Dragons

Proclaiming that you have superior ideals, or shedding negative light on a guild or player so that you look like a better option without any foundation...that is a flame.

• inuseito
    edited September 2008
    " Believe " that I am one of these guilds? I mean honestly, you posted flames about two guilds. Dragons and The Empire, " imaginary issues " is totally what i'm suffering from when I read things like,

" Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, and if you're looking to be lied to, take it up with one of the more popular guilds who are likely to lie until your face melts off of your skull just for the chance to be one of their army of grind slave clones.

Memento is established to be something that other guilds, at least the more popular guilds, don't seem to aim to do, and that's to be a truly social guild, a guild dedicated to having a good time rather than "

Because i'm totally delusional. If I wanted to say anything about being delusional or having " imaginary issues " I would simply refer to " Note II - I would also like to ask that if you don't wish to post anything positive about Memento, and if all you would like to do is lecture us with, what I would like to consider "imaginary issues", may I please ask of you to at least not post at all in this thread? Perchance even a private message would suffice. Make love, not war, you know? " for the fact that I didn't post anything about your guild. Never mentioned " momento " once. I simply requested you remove Dragons from your post....

Also Chiyo, you do not know me so do not make any assumptions about me.
    And I am Dragons director, InuSeito so it pretty much rules out you being in it before I was simply because I saw when you were invited. I attempted to pm you ingame though from what I remember you had alot of characters so if you want to talk in pm give me a whisper ingame.
  • Anyandrell - Heavens Tear
    Anyandrell - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yes, true, both you and your wife were part of the guild. For about 3 days. Time in which you switched from one character created to the other, through about 4 characters each, and by the time everybody else was lvl 30+ you were still struggling in the 12sh. Then you got all puffed up about everybody else leveling and having a good time and you still being stuck in the beginning areas and left the guild. What do you want, not eveybody plays this game just to have an audience on guild chat for their "poetry" and "deep sayings".

Corroborating that with the sour grapes oozing from your post, yea, sure. Not just everybody can be a Dragon, but also, not many of the people who couldn't - they didn't come here to boo-hoo about it.

You have just proved how much "teamplay", "fun" and "respectful" you can be, for anyone who will join your guild in the future.

Good luck in your future endeavours, guys. Whatever those are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hephaestus - Heavens Tear
    Hephaestus - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    My goodness, was my request so very hard?
    Please, pretty please, don't spout such negativity all over my thread?
    You know, a private message over the forums would have easily suffice.
    All you're accomplishing is

A) Making yourselves look like a large group of flamers attempting to gang **** my thread
    B) Bumping up my thread

There's no real reason for the guild leader, guild director, as well as a random member it would seem, to spout the flaming angries all over my thread.
    You're all getting the wrong impressions entirely.

My goodness, I've only mentioned your guild once at all, at the very beginning of my own.

Must we really resort to fighting, especially publicly?

Has my "wrong" really been that great to you all?

Or is it simply that you do not wish for me to have a guild, at all?

Perchance that's it. Oh, what has this world come to, where I person can't even mention Dragons, the mythological creature without being flamed to high heaven.

I could go through the regular format and try to create a rebuttal for each and every one of you, but that accomplishes nothing, rather than getting touchy about a single word.

Once again, if you're having problems with what I've said, you could at least show some respect and send a private message or something.

Why should we fight amongst ourselves?

There has to be a reason that you all are suddenly pouncing upon my guild thread, now of all times, even though it's been around a good day or so, InuSeito posting almost 30 minutes after our first new member posted.

Well, either way, I will not give up on my dreams as well as my ideals.

Your gang **** anger fests will not sway me to give up.

I only wish that we could do this in a more peaceful way.

Proverbs 15:1 - "A gentle answer turns away wrath"
  • Blitzberry - Heavens Tear
    Blitzberry - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Im sorry we don't fit your description of team players Anya, apparently to be a team player you have to gang bang other threads as a guild. I was under the impression it would involve helping others, not trying to crush them.
    edited September 2008
    Lots of words that say only one thing: you weren't expecting it.

Kiddo, go see a shrink. Maybe you find in his office a mirror. Seems in your house you replaced all of them with Einstein's portrait in the hopes someone one day will say "oh you are so smart".

Grow up, and stand like a man. Don't start boo-hoo-ing and whining that you were just minding your own business throwing mud in people and we came to stop you.

Who the heck cares if you have a guild or a hundred? You can sit on your head in the middle of Archosaur and say the Vedes backwards if you want. I don't care. I care when you try to slander people who tried to help you and were nice to you. True, we didn't give you ALL the attention you craved and we were insensitive enough to not fall on our behinds because you did us the grace of joining our guild.

This being told, I spent enough time on an emo attention-seeker for the rest of this week. Now make sure you spend more than half a day researching "big words" and quotations for your next half-mile long post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    Please, kindly shut the hell up.
    Please?
    I've already negotiated terms with your director.
    By God, this is getting redicilous.
    Now please, kindly **** off. Please?
    I'm removing your darned faction from my post.
    edited September 2008
    Im sorry we don't fit your description of team players Anya, apparently to be a team player you have to gang bang other threads as a guild. I was under the impression it would involve helping others, not trying to crush them.

NO, woman, to be a team player means to have enough common sense to not go defaming a guild you were part of, and who did nothing to you. You guys obviously have no idea what common sense, politeness, respect of others, or teamplay mean.

And of course we will come to defend ourselves of false accusations and innuendos, from losers like you. As Inu said, we ARE a family and act like one. Obviously you can't get that one either. That's why you didn't last in the Dragons.

Now give me a break, I have better things to do than waste my time on petty country-midwife-corner-of-the-street-gossip-and-slander seems you guys are experts in.

A bon entendeur, salut, little people!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • inuseito
    edited September 2008

So apparently, according to you. We're not supposed to stick up for ourselves?
    If someone flames me I will not stand there and take it. I will fight anyone anywhere for I will not be walked on. I back down from no challenge. Just so happens that Dragons as a Leigon heard about it and we're individually sticking up for ourselves. See it as " Gang bang " if you want but it's all delusion.
  • aloysiusknight
    edited September 2008
    And apparently liers as well.
    InuSeito specifically said that all of this ******** between us and Dragons would end when I changed my post.
    I surrendered.
    And now, you're still posting.
    And also, I have screenies and proof how that InuSeito stated that all of this bull **** will end.
    Now please
    Pretty please
    Leave us alone.
    Alright?
    Please?
    Get your overgrown self-absorbed **** off of my God damned thread already.

And all you people do is think up of new reasons to stay and flame us.

Location - Heaven's Tear
  • inuseito
    edited September 2008
    And apparently liers as well.
    InuSeito specifically said that all of this ******** between us and Dragons would end when I changed my post.
    I surrendered.
    And now, you're still posting.
    And also, I have screenies and proof how that InuSeito stated that all of this bull **** will end.
    Now please
    Pretty please
    Leave us alone.
    Alright?
    Please?
    Get your overgrown self-absorbed **** off of my God damned thread already.

And all you people do is think up of new reasons to stay and flame us.

Quit crying, i'm done posting unless someone else has something to say about me or my guild.
  • aloysiusknight
    edited September 2008
    -Edited-
    It's totally not worth it.

Location - Heaven's Tear
  • inuseito
    edited September 2008
    -Edited-
    It's totally not worth it.

As I see, our guild is still on your post. Unless i'm reading it wrong.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hehe good luck with the guild!

although if you're only asking for one to have a soul... it'd be kind of rude to reject anyone because of the implications right? :rolleyes:

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
    edited September 2008
    Why thank you o.o <3
    Yes, I'm fully aware of the implications xD
    We just decided to stick a little funny in it.
    Thank you very much, your wishings for good luck aren't only appreciated, they are direly needed ^^;
  • pyrohemia
    pyrohemia Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Your guild recruitment method is insanely horrible.

A general rule of thumb:
    -Don't sling mud.
    -Don't mention any other groups without their consent.
    -Don't argue with them when they asked to be removed.
    -Don't cry when people harass you about being *******s.

You SHOULD:
    -State your goals...POSITIVELY (Old school propaganda makes you look like pre-schoolers.)
    -State your restrictions
    -Give a mode of contact

And be done with it, there is no use telling every other guild that does it a different way that they are doing it the wrong way, and that your guild is the only virtuous one on the server.

As per this being YOUR thread, I believe a Terms of Service state that any content posted in the forums, or any of the characters you have in game, as well as your guild name are all actually property of whoever owns Perfect World. As such, a public forum means, especially on the internet, is not a place you want to insult your peers -- Nothing is safe in a public forum.
    edited September 2008
    ... Wanna leave me to my insanely horrible guild recruitment method now?
    My guild recruitment still got me a few people anyway.
    Thanks for the bumps.
  • Blitzberry - Heavens Tear
    Blitzberry - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I was under the impression you guys would stop harrassing us.

Not to mention we didn't slander anyone in our main post. We said that you and The Empire posted more then once in a short time, and so we would go ahead and assume we were allowed to do the same.

I also notice that even though The Empire was mentioned in the exact same way, a member of that faction supports us, but you insist on flaming us, although its exactly what you tell us not to do.
  • Mysty - Heavens Tear
    Mysty - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Wow how did I stumble onto this thread....*makes mental note to not ever ever ever Ever join Memento guild*. Holy **** a whole lot of Drama for a Guild Invitation thread!
    edited September 2008
    -Edited-
    Still not worth it.
  • Inuseito - Heavens Tear
    Inuseito - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    pyrohemia wrote: »
    Proclaiming that you have superior ideals, or shedding negative light on a guild or player so that you look like a better option without any foundation...that is a flame.

That is the meaning of flaming someone if you didn't read. By the way Hisui's comment was sarcasm, I just sincerely hope you know what that means as well. You want me to stop posting on your thread yet you STILL have Dragons name up there. Be serious kid... Remove us from your post and we'll leave you alone.
  • Inuseito - Heavens Tear
    Inuseito - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I was under the impression you guys would stop harrassing us.

Not to mention we didn't slander anyone in our main post. We said that you and The Empire posted more then once in a short time, and so we would go ahead and assume we were allowed to do the same.

I also notice that even though The Empire was mentioned in the exact same way, a member of that faction supports us, but you insist on flaming us, although its exactly what you tell us not to do.

I was under the impression that you passed grade school and learned your ABC's. If you revert back to my origional post you will notice that I asked for your " husband " or whatever he is to you to remove us from his post. He removed us from the beginning of it but as I read it's still there... or am I having a moment of retardation? I need to stop posting on here, you're rubbing off on me.
    As for pyrohemia's post, it wasn't flame nor was it supporting. It was a suggestion thrown out there, you can pick it up if you want to, no one cares. And no, i'm not telling you what to do, i'm giving you an ultimatum. Remove Dragons or continue to cry about the fact that people do not like being talked about. Yes, this post is full of flame because you're beginning to grow on my nerves... I mean honestly, how old are you adolescents anyways?
    What Mysty's post is basically saying in a nutshell is " I won't join Momento because they're creating drama that could have been prevented. " if i'm wrong then Mysty is free to correct me.
    If it's " not worth it " as you say then... why even bother having left us in your post? Or rather.. why have put us there in the first place?... more pew pew less qq.. kid.
  • shuiin
    shuiin Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Ok everyone this is over. Dragons, vacate this thread please. this has gone on long enough.

all dragons is asking is that you remove any refference of dragons from your thread as it slanders our name. there is no "rebuttle" for this statement so no quote or comment is necessary.

i deal with alot fo public realations for the guild, and i will make an official statement.

"Dragons will remove themselves from this thread. plain and simple. Momento will remove all references to dragons, the empire or any other guild that they have not seeked permission to post abotu from the main post. Dragons is a growing guild and wishes to not have its name tarnished as is beign done, and i would think the empire would agree."

so if you can please take a moment and remove your dragosn reference, it would be much appreciated.

Thankyou and have a wonderful day.
    Shuyin
    Elf Cleric
    3x
    Int/dex/str *Unique Build*
    Guild: Unguilded

Former Guilds:
    Dragons

"We are as one. United. we are Dragons"
    edited September 2008
    Much better.
    I'm actually going to listen to that.
    I'll take out even the very mention of "Dragon" and/or "Empire" or perchance any other name used by any other guild, due to how nicely you asked.
    Thank you. Very much. That brightened my day just the slightest bit.
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited September 2008
    Good luck with your guild Momentos...The Empire understands what u meant to communicate with your post. We do have lvl requirements now and we would not lie to anyones face just to get members..we dont need to do that. Our lvl requirements are simply based on the average lvls in the guild. It wouldnt be fair to put in a lvl 10 when we r all lvl 40 50. That lvl 10 would have no 1 to lvl with. Its really not fair. The Empire has goals other then your guild s goals and i dont think thats a bad thing..just makes us differnet. :)