READ HERE for Updates and Info!

Options
darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
Please come back here for any updates. Last updated Oct 7th, 2008 11:32am Cali time. I also want to thank the helpful members of our community for assisting the other members, IT IS APPRECIATED!! :)

When patching from in-game, if it hangs, please give it a few minutes. Then Exit the game, then restart the game and resume the patch. You may have to do this multiple times.

Make sure you downloaded the correct version. The game is Perfect World International, and the current Servers are Heaven's Tear and Lost City. All info that you get should come from www.perfectworld.com

Closed Beta is officially over. This means that the Closed Beta servers are DOWN, DEAD, NOT ACCESSIBLE. So any questions regarding closed beta most likely won't get answered. :)

The new Sanctuary PVE is server is LIVE! .

FYI - Countries that are IP Banned (this means if you live in this country, or have an IP with a domain address of that country, you can not access or play PWI. Please see if there is a local version in your country):

China, Hong Kong, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Turkey, & Vietnam. These countries CAN NOT play Perfect World International.

I will start deleting posts that are just posts to post in the Tech Support forums. If they are just commenting, to comment with no purpose, they are gone.
These Tech Support threads are to help people with legit issues, report bugs, etc; NOT to discuss other things, or to just chit chat.
Please post in other threads for that. We will be cleaning up the forums this week, so be prepared ;)

For patching and playing issues, make sure you have port 29000 open on your router.

You may need to plug your computer directly into the DSL or Cable modem instead of using a router or switch with it.

Make sure you downloaded and installed the correct client for PWI. There are 10+ different versions floating around out there on the internet. http://perfectworld.com/download

Update and run your anti-virus. Try shutting it off (or changing the security or network settings to allow the game's traffic to go through) when playing the game, as it may be blocking some of your traffic. Some free anti-virus programs:

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

http://free.avg.com/

For download or patch issues, try downloading from another location that might have a better connection on your end. Library, school, friend's house, etc.

For manual patches, please check out here: http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client

There is no Mac version, and one is not planned currently. Windows only.

IP addresses (ignore the letters a,b,c, they are there for listing purposes only). If you know what you are doing, you can allow for these IP addresses, or ask your ISP, school, etc; to allow them for your internet traffic. Same thing with your anti-virus, security and firewall software.

www.perfectworld.com
a. 64.74.129.32
b. 64.74.129.33

NEW Sanctuary (PVE) pwigc2.perfectworld.com
a. 29000:64.74.134.24
b. 29000:64.74.134.25
c. 64.74.134.47
d. 64.74.134.48
e. 64.74.134.49
f. 64.74.134.50
g. 64.74.134.51
h. 64.74.134.52

Heaven's Tear (PVE) pwigc4.perfectworld.com
a. 29000:64.74.134.61
b. 29000:64.74.134.62
c. 29000:64.74.134.63
d. 29000:64.74.134.64
e. 29000:64.74.134.38
f. 29000:64.74.134.39
g. 29000:64.74.134.59
h. 29000:64.74.134.60

Lost City (PvP) pwigc3.perfectworld.com

a. 29000:64.74.134.57
b. 29000:64.74.134.58
c. 29000:64.74.134.31
d. 29000:64.74.134.32
e. 29000:64.74.134.53
f. 29000:64.74.134.54
g. 29000:64.74.134.55
h. 29000:64.74.134.56

Patch server http://pwipatch.perfectworld.com/patch/

a. 64.74.217.11

And try not to be mean to us. We can't possibly know the answer to every single question or problem you have. When we encounter the issue, we investigate, try to reproduce it ourselves, test it, and try to see if there is a way to fix it. This takes time. Sometimes a day, a week, or longer.

Have you gotten good support with a free game elsewhere? We actually care, and are doing our best to solve issues when we can.

Hope that helps some of you. :D
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Turkey
    Lol why this? xD
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melala
    melala Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    they allready got theyr own servers? :p
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Either they already have their own servers, or they participate too much in questionable activities in regards to in-game economy manipulations.

Beware of the private servers.

The officially licensed companies running PW servers can be found in the list here:

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/cus_os.html

Scroll down the page to see the table.

Anyone playing on unofficial servers, you play those versions at your own risk. Malware, viruses and other malicious software can be sneaked into your PC, and when you buy their in-game currency, your credit information can be compromised.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    How about adding this link to the main post so that people know when the OB starts?
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yamanoko
    yamanoko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I still can't Log In
    It says :Unable to connect to server
    Why?

(The Game is free or not?)
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    yamanoko wrote: »
    I still can't Log In
    It says :Unable to connect to server
    Why?

(The Game is free or not?)

Please read the stickies. The open beta version of the game starts in a little over 2 hours from now. Servers will be unavailable until then.

The game is free to play, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shikammaru
    shikammaru Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    it wont let em connect and its 4:27pm...need help plz...it just says unable to connect once it hits 20seconds..plz help
  • bigtoyota
    bigtoyota Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Servers won't open for another 31 minutes.....hang in there.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You still have 30 minutes to wait....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shikammaru
    edited September 2008
    Options
    :Dty so much:D
  • rugosh
    rugosh Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    good advise, man i live in europe and forgot always to translate the real hour
  • shikammaru
    edited September 2008
    Options
    im all the way on other side of u lol...usa here...but at least its only less than 30min to wait...cant wait lol
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It has been changed to 3pm, Pacific/California time. Sorry. :o
  • agentofanarchy
    agentofanarchy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hello how do i get a beta key.
  • legendhero
    legendhero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    No need now, you missed closed beta.
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hello how do i get a beta key.
    you dont. we are Open Beta now which means you dont need beta keys anymore to join and play
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • jeztica
    jeztica Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So know its 3pm? is that why its telling me "unable to connect to server?"
  • icaka
    icaka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I downloaded version 3 form the PWI site but when i started the launcher the game asked me from which server to download the updates there was only one "patch" i clicked at the automatic updates (nothing happened) when i tried to play there was a message older version. What to do?
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The servers are getting hit hard, but everything is working fine on our end. Keep trying. :D

People are spawning in like millions of ants, they just keep coming!! :D
  • vulpitac
    vulpitac Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ok i have send a mail to the suport with the log files(no respons for my mail this - 10:mad:)...after 5 days is open beta...same probleme...i can`t update my files...another -10 for the suport team...this is how free games lose players...the support is 0...i have play games with money and the support rulzz...GL
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    All log files we receive, get passed on to the people who look at them and figure out what can be done to fix some things. We can not reply to each and every one of you, even though I try to.

Please check:

You have the CORRECT version of the client installed.
    http://www.perfectworld.com/download

Do NOT have other versions/clients installed on the same computer.

Meet the system requirements.
    http://www.perfectworld.com/download (scroll down)

Make sure your ISP, school, dorm, country, job,etc, isn't throttling your bandwidth, which can cause you all sorts of problems.

Have a solid, stable, and speedy internet connection. My opinion is at least a 768 kbps
    ~93.8 KB/second connection. Possibly higher if connecting from overseas. See if your traffic is being filtered or blocked for PWI, since it does get blocked from time to time by some organizations like schools because it is popular. The game has 35+ million players worldwide.

:D
  • merlion
    merlion Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

China, Hong Kong, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Turkey, & Vietnam. These countries CAN NOT play Perfect World International.

Please come back here for any updates. :D

Is Singapore Banned? Cause i can't see the status of the server
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Make sure you have our client, from OUR website! :D

http://perfectworld.com/download
  • yamanoko
    yamanoko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hello
    When I Open PWI it says :Unable to proceed update.
    Why?

Thanks
  • armo911
    armo911 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i think this game will be as good as WOW and sro ( 2 games i played so far :D and my opinon have lots of fans :D )
    just keep up the good work :)
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Please read the first post Sticky of this thread and see if that helps any of you all pretty please.

We have many of your emails and PMs. Please read the stickies and search the forums diligently before sending an email to Tech Support for questions that are already answered many, many times on the forums.

For those of you who don't have answers, we are working on things. :D
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    plz plz plz

can you make an informative page about your updates. (example: [removed])

there is many changes in every update, and i need to see an overview to verify if the update i am waitinf for is included that time around. Maybe on your support page?

thx for caring about your players, not all game companies does that.
  • eleazar
    eleazar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Either they already have their own servers, or they participate too much in questionable activities in regards to in-game economy manipulations.
    true that... coming from Silkroad Online :) Glad to play an american only game, although I love the japanese and their cuteness :)
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Main Sticky for this thread is updated with IP addresses for both game servers and the patch server.

You can use those to tell your firewall, anti-virus, security or other software to allow for those addresses.

You can also use that list to give to your ISP, work, or school to ask them to allow traffic and set priority for packets from those addresses.
  • shera
    shera Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    China, Hong Kong, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Turkey, & Vietnam can't play
    if only usa + eu countries can play
    why did u banned only few asian countries and not all?
    i can understand that u ban few of these countries cuz they have they're own pw version..
    but turkey dnt have a pw version.. so its not fair that u ban that country
    and its funny that few ppl from turkey can play this version and few not
    that sux..
    LOL

Srry but if u ban countries u can't call this version INTERNATIONAL
This discussion has been closed.