New pet skills

hobojoe
hobojoe Posts: 2
edited August 2008 in Venomancer
Just wondering how i get new abilities for my pets.For instance,can I take the starter wolf and give it bash,or upgrade rip 1 to rank 2,and if so,how do I go about doing that?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hobojoe wrote: »
    Just wondering how i get new abilities for my pets.For instance,can I take the starter wolf and give it bash,or upgrade rip 1 to rank 2,and if so,how do I go about doing that?

There is this NPC in Archosaur City in the very southeast corner. She will have a lot of baby pets around here. She will have pet skill books for sale. In order for your pet to learn/upgrade a skill, it has to be summoned, the pertinent skill book has to be in your inventory, and the pet must have enough enough points and level to learn/upgrade the skill. If you go find here, it should be quite straightforward. There is another NPC in the water of the harbor with the ships just a little north, for water pets to learn skills too, or to remove them. Other options there, are like making all class baby pets, and scroll to rename your pet.
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    However she doesnt appear to be selling those skill books in this version.
    I have posted this several places in the forums, hopefully if its an oversight in the conversion the dev will fix it before release.
    I was wanting to use the level 1 beetle since it has very good stats, but it doesnt come with bash, and no bash=npo aggro=bad pet.
  • hobojoe
    hobojoe Posts: 2
    edited August 2008
    alright,thanks for answering that for me.Now,i'm gonna ask,how is getting money at the higher levels? never played any other versions of this,and the prices on the books she did have seemed absolutely insane(300k each for new skills,1 mil for the level up book)but this could just be the fact that i'm only level 20.So,is that chump change at higher levels,or are the pick of pet skills meant to be something rare and hard to get?

*edit* For the guy just above me,i didn't check the one at the harbor as described above,but the one i went to that did sell the books was called Mrs. Zoologist or something,and could be found on the waypoint/npc finder menu.
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, as I posted in the other thread, I found those items now. They are in "Pet items".
    As to making money, you could probably earn 100k in about 3 or 4 hours at level 30 at a guess just by levelling. Maybe 100k in 1-2 hours at level 60. Im just guessing thou. (I got a WF up to lvl 80 on MY-EN)

Flying around and mining nodes will probably make you more once the server has been going a while and people can afford to buy minerals.

Starting with a pet thats missing one of the "taunt" skills (usually bash) isnt an option. You would be well into your 20's before you could afford to teach it a skill (remember you need to buy your spells and some teleports, drops arnt pure profit), and running a pet that doesnt taunt is just painful.