Party system in PW

kittyeatsushi
kittyeatsushi Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
So how does the party system work in PW?

~What are the benefits of partying?
~Does everyone in a party share exp, whether it be from mobs, quests, etc.? Is it like if you're in a party and do nothing, do you leech exp from others? Can you get 'powerleveled' in this game?
~Are there different options in a party dealing with item drop sharing/exp sharing, etc.?
~Do you have to be in range with a party member to share the benefits of a party?

Couldn't really find a lot of information on parties, 'scuse the nub questions please :3
Post edited by kittyeatsushi on

Comments

• senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Let's say normal monster exp (solo) is 500. If you party with someone else, the total exp gets boosted to say, 700 and gets split according to levels. This is just a rough estimate, but if you were level 80 and your friend is 75, you might get 400 exp per kill while your friend gets 300. Because of that, powerleveling isn't really useful at all and you'll find that doing your lower level quests will push you faster than powerleveling can. Only shared exp comes from mobs, quest exp doesn't get shared.

There are two options with parties, individual mode, where whatever you pick up goes to you, and random distribution mode, which is just as it sounds: any item picked up goes to a random person in the party. I think there are other factors that affect this, like possibly level, but I'm not 100% sure. No matter what though, gold always gets split amont party members.

Yes, you have to be in range to get exp/sp, but for whatever reason no matter how far you are you can still get gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kittyeatsushi
    kittyeatsushi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ohh, I see! That clears it up, thanks a lot ^^
  • prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    Let's say normal monster exp (solo) is 500. If you party with someone else, the total exp gets boosted to say, 700 and gets split according to levels. This is just a rough estimate, but if you were level 80 and your friend is 75, you might get 400 exp per kill while your friend gets 300. Because of that, powerleveling isn't really useful at all and you'll find that doing your lower level quests will push you faster than powerleveling can. Only shared exp comes from mobs, quest exp doesn't get shared.

There are two options with parties, individual mode, where whatever you pick up goes to you, and random distribution mode, which is just as it sounds: any item picked up goes to a random person in the party. I think there are other factors that affect this, like possibly level, but I'm not 100% sure. No matter what though, gold always gets split amont party members.

Yes, you have to be in range to get exp/sp, but for whatever reason no matter how far you are you can still get gold.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :) Thanks, I actually learned a couple things from this too.
  • murfman
    murfman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If I have a friend who's much lower level then me, is there any way to help him out?
  • farseerdk
    farseerdk Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have a question about parties as well:

If two people are doing the same quest that requires them to kill a certain mob, and they party up, when they kill one of those mobs, does it count towards both people's mob count or just one? If it's just one, which one gets it? the one who did more damage or the one who got the last hit?

Next, if two people party, one of which is doing a quest that requires you to kill a mob, and the person not doing the quest kills the mob, would the person who is doing the quest get the mob added to their mobcount?
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If 2 people have the same mob killing / collecting quest, it counts for both (as long as the item goes into "quest" inventory), there are exceptions for this, since some quests can be bugged (like the quest to kill 15 taurocs lv51).
    But if someone DOESNT have the quest, but is on team and helping you killing, it will counts towards your quest, yes.