Make PvE a little more PvP

orionlee
orionlee Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
PerfectWorld:

Guys, what is the point of offering optional PvP on PvE servers?? If a player at some point decides they want to go PvP, they can only fight with others that want to go PvP. At that point, why don't they both just go to the PvP server. Anyone who ever thinks they may want to go PvP should just go to the PvP server. There is little point in offerning PvP option on PvE. Except for duels, what good is it?

My suggestion is to model the system after another very successful game here in North America. This game was based in Korea and came to America, and now it's Cash Shop money is sold at our local target stores.

Their system for PvE works like this:
Let's say a blue-named player is safe, and a white-named player is PvP.

The white player can attack blue and white.
The blue and white can attack white.

Of course there is a system on top of the regular penalty for player killing. A white who kills a blue gains immorality and becomes red and it is open season on that player. Any player may kill on sight that player until the red player has either donated so much in-game money, or paid in the Cash Shop to remove the red.

This status is in addition to the regular debuff that lasts an hour per kill.

In addition to this there is always retribution from higher level players wanting to challenge the player killer who has killed a blue. Either guild members or otherwise will come to get retribution for the blue player.

So, there is very little times when you see a white kill a blue. It usually only happens if the blue has done something to hinder the other formerly blue player.

Sure, you will make some players frustrated because they got killed when they were blue, and you will get complaints. But, overall this makes a great community that is protective of others. This puts the power in the players to exact justice on the battlefield....which is really what these games are about...being the best.

The PvE is still playable without this feature, but I will have to think carefully about which server I end up on.
Post edited by orionlee on

Comments

• sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Your suggestion (if you can even call it that...) would completely remove the entire point from PvE. Player vs Environment.

People who are blue named clearly aren't interested in PvP, they're blue named because they don't want to be involved in PvP. Why force them to PvP by allowing the people who do want to PvP (on a PvE server -_-) to smack whoever they want?

Rediculous.

Just go to the PvP server.
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • orionlee
    edited August 2008
    sahrai wrote: »
    Your suggestion (if you can even call it that...) would completely remove the entire point from PvE. Player vs Environment.

People who are blue named clearly aren't interested in PvP, they're blue named because they don't want to be involved in PvP. Why force them to PvP by allowing the people who do want to PvP (on a PvE server -_-) to smack whoever they want?

Rediculous.

The system works, Rappelz is one of the most successful F2P games in North America. And it only has one PvP server, which I am not on. But, yes I am considering PvP server because of the restriction. If I went on the PvE server, I would never use the option.
  • orionlee
    edited August 2008
    sahrai wrote: »

Rediculous.

Not so rediculous.

Say you were farming an area for awhile, and a player came and just started taking ownership. That shouldn't happen in PvE, you shouldn't have to compalin to a GM. The only way to prevent that is put the fear of retribution in the players hands.
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    orionlee wrote: »
    The system works, Rappelz is one of the most successful F2P games in North America. And it only has one PvP server, which I am not on. But, yes I am considering PvP server because of the restriction. If I went on the PvE server, I would never use the option.

Rapeplz is an abomination. For once, the PvE servers have more PvP than the actual PvP server, which has the most **** ruleset I've ever seen (and it was almost dead last time I checked). What you're suggesting is to turn the PvE server into a PvP server with the Rappelz ruleset (which is a scam to sell immorality erasers or whatever they're selling now).

The PvP userbase already complained and pointed out that kill stealing and boss kiting will be a problem, that's why the argument started that PvE servers should not exist. How does adding a system made to sell something the cash shop doesn't even have fix things? PvE players insisted they don't want to be killed while they're grinding, let them enjoy their skewered gameplay when they'll realise what a waste leveling there was. If you don't want that to happen, play on PvP.

Edit: and your last post mentions kill stealing. How is the Rappelz system going to fix that? Blue person starts killing your mobs, you kill him, you get debuffed, red, and whatever, then he calls his friends to beat the hell out of you. That's making it even worse imo.
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Zzzz I dont think they plan on changing their system after so much, closed beta coming soon dont think they plan on delaying more.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    just.. NO, aint gonna happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)