Inflation in PW MArkets

raj
raj Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2008 in The Crafting Nook
As the Patches come the market Inflates with prices of mats falling and hieros and cubi stuff risiing. Isnt there a way to stable the inflation in the economy or GM Owner or Admin wont mind to explain how infaltion in PW Economy works. How they dEsign the system i hope you wont mind sharing ur knowledge about this excellent MMORPG with us
Post edited by raj on

Comments

• arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    raj wrote: »
    As the Patches come the market Inflates with prices of mats falling and hieros and cubi stuff risiing. Isnt there a way to stable the inflation in the economy or GM Owner or Admin wont mind to explain how infaltion in PW Economy works. How they dEsign the system i hope you wont mind sharing ur knowledge about this excellent MMORPG with us

Its hard for someone to explain an economy before its out. Especially since it is highly based on user roles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    Its hard for someone to explain an economy before its out. Especially since it is highly based on user roles.

Ya took the words right out of my mouth ^.^
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendzeratul
    legendzeratul Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ah game releases and then comes the bots. Then comes the gold sellers and people buy PW gold and get rich in the game. Then everyone's rich and pays the ingame money for cubi which gets them more cubi for less money.
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ah game releases and then comes the bots. Then comes the gold sellers and people buy PW gold and get rich in the game. Then everyone's rich and pays the ingame money for cubi which gets them more cubi for less money.

well lets hope that it doesnt happen here or that bad to the extreme
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sandwitch
    sandwitch Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    it's like inevitable if goldsellers come there will be inflation if not there will most likely be none till alot of high lvlspop up and money is easy to farm
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    that doesn't happened here and when u click some1 u can select to ban them fro botting its a option. never seen some1 bottting or noticed but have seen wf afk xp. put their pets in defence and go to sleep and there pet kills when mob respawns. and that usually never happens and if u dont want to use item mall the game is still ok u can make mills from farming dq w/o item mall
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    azure... wut r u talking about? u cannot jsut ban a botter like that, the GM has to be on(usually not). the wf u mentioned... those r the botters!! they r freaking everywhere lmfao.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    And each territory giving out 10 millions each week don't help with the inflation either.

I do hope they will drastically reduce the income from owning territories.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    wow i knew they get money for owning a terriotry but that a lot.

Are all the territories worth the same or are some territories worth more than others?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    wow i knew they get money for owning a terriotry but that a lot.

Are all the territories worth the same or are some territories worth more than others?

In MY-EN, normal territories (level 3) give 10 millions. Level 2 gives 20 millions. Level 1, no idea, they are not implemented there yet.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Territories only give money? That's lame and just causes inflation.
    IMO territories should give mats or some sort of equally useful items that won't cause the value of ingame money to drop drastically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Don't worry inflation will happen. Even if no goldsellers around.
    Ppl always looking ways to make money, a lot of ppl buy stuff cheap and sell more expensive. The ppl selling cheap notice it and sell more exp which makes the resellers up their price also...
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    While inflation happens, we will all be making more money than before the inflation so it's all good - NPC-bought items just end up being cheaper to afford.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    While inflation happens, we will all be making more money than before the inflation so it's all good - NPC-bought items just end up being cheaper to afford.

We will be making more money and NPC items will be cheaper, but due inflation Item mall items will be more expensive.
    Later on you don't give a damn about NPC stuff, the prices of hieros will kill you.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    And each territory giving out 10 millions each week don't help with the inflation either.

I do hope they will drastically reduce the income from owning territories.

I kind of hope so too... Though, if a guild of 200 controlled only one territory, 10000000/200 = 50000 per person in the guild. It's only really unbalancing when one guild controls like 2/3rds of the territory. Maybe if the territory income was only 1 million or the percentage or maximum amount of gold return was reduced, then there might be less abuse. It probably won't change unless it changes in China though.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008

No. The new comers won't make more money than we did at start....

Low level monsters won't drop more money.

Low level mats won't sell for more.

So unless they buy zen and sell it in AH, they'll not be able to afford anything with their gold earnings.

If what happened in MY-EN is any indication, the only things that'll increase in value are :

1 - Zen sold in AH
    2 - cash shop items
    3 - mid level mats (because it's used in too many ways compared to the other mats)

Everything else will drop in price or at best stay level : other grade mats, HH mats, plants, equipments...

• ark
    edited July 2008
    No. The new comers won't make more money than we did at start....

Low level monsters won't drop more money.

Low level mats won't sell for more.

So unless they buy zen and sell it in AH, they'll not be able to afford anything with their gold earnings.

If what happened in MY-EN is any indication, the only things that'll increase in value are :

1 - Zen sold in AH
    2 - cash shop items
    3 - mid level mats (because it's used in too many ways compared to the other mats)

Everything else will drop in price or at best stay level : other grade mats, HH mats, plants, equipments...

I don't get it. First, you feel sorry for the late starters saying they don't make enough money to afford anything... and then you say that almost everything will drop in price. What's your point?
    june wrote: »

I kind of hope so too... Though, if a guild of 200 controlled only one territory, 10000000/200 = 50000 per person in the guild. It's only really unbalancing when one guild controls like 2/3rds of the territory. Maybe if the territory income was only 1 million or the percentage or maximum amount of gold return was reduced, then there might be less abuse. It probably won't change unless it changes in China though.

Well, actually, most guilds only award salary to people that participate in a Territorial War (80 max). So, it's a lil more than that - each person would get 125k. I see your point though. This server will be different, because the overwhelming majority of people on this board(the elite) are opposed to a new WarLord-type guild. There are guilds, like mine and Mystics, that will directly oppose any such guild if they arise to anything, and also purposely not expand too far so as to promote fairness on the map. The system is fine as it is... with the exception of fake bidding which is, supposedly, solved now. :D
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    I don't get it. First, you feel sorry for the late starters saying they don't make enough money to afford anything... and then you say that almost everything will drop in price. What's your point?

Noticed that everything that drop in value is mostly unimportant stuff?

• ark
    edited July 2008

Yeah. HH items, molders, Frost items, and various exceptional crafted equipment are all unimportant. :rolleyes:
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    Yeah. HH items, molders, Frost items, and various exceptional crafted equipment are all unimportant. :rolleyes:

I only mentioned HH mats. Because everyone can get them easily.

• ark
    edited July 2008
    Getting them easy doesn't make them non-important. They're, in fact, extremely important as most, if not all, players will use HH equipment.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    Getting them easy doesn't make them non-important. They're, in fact, extremely important as most, if not all, players will use HH equipment.

quoting myself :

• ark
    edited July 2008
    So, HH items are now promoted to "important"?

Edit: Oops, off-topic a bit. Anyways, if all of these other items besides item-mall items are dropping in price, then the inflation can't be all that bad, now, can it? If it was true inflation, then HH mats would rise too. If they did that, then the game is still good and fair money-wise... you're just holding onto more cash to buy the same stuff. This makes soulstones more affordable, and everything else remains fair...
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    Lets say that players beginning early in the game will have an easier time than those who start later.

I still prefer to pay 500k for a hiero than 2 millions.

• ark
    edited July 2008
    Lets say that players beginning early in the game will have an easier time than those who start later.

I still prefer to pay 500k for a hiero than 2 millions.

Fresh starters have it just as hard. 2mil is just as easy to get later on in the server's life as 500k was in the beginning of the server's life. In fact, I think the 500k would be harder back then than 2m is now....
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Someone make an anti-inflation group where a band of about 100 players in each server sell stuff cheaper than the rest to keep the prices down. :p

But it won't happen. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    merulz wrote: »
    Someone make an anti-inflation group where a band of about 100 players in each server sell stuff cheaper than the rest to keep the prices down. :p

But it won't happen. :rolleyes:

Heiros are only 1.6m in Oracle, whereas Delphi pays 2.1m for heiros. Why? A ReBorn investor sold 80 gold heiros for 1.5m each not too long ago.

Don't stop dreamin' ;)
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    dont worry, the hierors in delphi r still 1.6 mill :D.

inflation sucks, but as long as u farm HH/molders then u can still make a fortune. I didnt use any real money and im doing fine :)
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    splice wrote: »
    dont worry, the hierors in delphi r still 1.6 mill :D.

inflation sucks, but as long as u farm HH/molders then u can still make a fortune. I didnt use any real money and im doing fine :)

Yeah, same here! Being a WB/Barbarian really helps out though.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    raj wrote: »

PW-MY's Cubi:Gold ratio is skyrocketing because fewer RMTs are buying in (likely due to the announcement of PW:I and PW:Eu). There is no other cause.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]