Vista Compatible?

xstar
xstar Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
I checked the requirements for the game, and i notice it didn't say vista on it...but i saw Windows XP so was wondering if this game is Vista compatible or not =/ Thanks in advance for the help =]
Post edited by xstar on

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    search function
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xstar wrote: »
    I checked the requirements for the game, and i notice it didn't say vista on it...but i saw Windows XP so was wondering if this game is Vista compatible or not =/ Thanks in advance for the help =]

Welcome to Fantasy Island. Like soukyuu already mentioned, please use the Search Function. Your answer can be found here.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=2811
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    If your gonna reply at least give him an answer aswell.

On topic: Yes the game runs fine on vista,I've run pretty much every version of PW on it. Though if your PC isn't up to snuff you'll have reduced game quality. I would suggest at the very least to run the game on max during TW with vista:

2gigs of DDR2
    atleast a Geforce 6800(PW seems to run well with nvidia)
    Dual core atleast 3.2ghz

Other wise you can run it on max with 1gig of ram etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    if he / she is too lazy to use the search function or click on a link then i don't see why we shouldn't be lazy too to post an answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snaptrap
    edited July 2008
    xkwisite wrote: »
    If your gonna reply at least give him an answer aswell.

On topic: Yes the game runs fine on vista,I've run pretty much every version of PW on it. Though if your PC isn't up to snuff you'll have reduced game quality. I would suggest at the very least to run the game on max during TW with vista:

2gigs of DDR2
    atleast a Geforce 6800(PW seems to run well with nvidia)
    Dual core atleast 3.2ghz

Other wise you can run it on max with 1gig of ram etc.

I did provide an answer. Also, you don't need a dual core CPU to run this game on any version of Vista. Today's secret word is overkill. Can you say overkill kids? My old PC is running PW on max under Vista Ultimate with a single core Athlon 3800+.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    snaptrap wrote: »
    I did provide an answer. Also, you don't need a dual core CPU to run this game on any version of Vista. Today's secret word is overkill. Can you say overkill kids? My old PC is running PW on max under Vista Ultimate with a single core Athlon 3800+.
    i can run PW pretty well on an Athlon XP 2000+, 1GB ram & an Nvidia 7600 GT ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snaptrap
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    i can run PW pretty well on an Athlon XP 2000+, 1GB ram & an Nvidia 7600 GT ;)

If you're under Vista, then you must be close to hitting the bottom. :D
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    i'm not crazy to install vista on that PC =_=
    it runs winXP of course
    and FYI the only thing i had to turn of are the water effects - same as on my 2Ghz Dualcore laptop with an Nvidia 8600GT and 2GB ram running VistaOS.
    So i am playing it on max details minus the water effects. Not bad for a... 6 year old PC?

It's all about how well you can manage your resources, i can't stop to repeat that ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    i'm not crazy to install vista on that PC =_=
    it runs winXP of course
    and FYI the only thing i had to turn of are the water effects - same as on my 2Ghz Dualcore laptop with an Nvidia 8600GT and 2GB ram running VistaOS.
    So i am playing it on max details minus the water effects. Not bad for a... 6 year old PC?

It's all about how well you can manage your resources, i can't stop to repeat that ;)

Yeah,absolutely true. Got about 3-4 years old comp and i have everything maxed,even water effects. Runs perfectly.AMD Athlon64 3500+ as processor and 1gb of ram with a geforce6600 256mb. Not even a good comp but hell,runs most games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited July 2008
    The My-PW version run fine in vista,
    so ....SURE INTL VS WILL RUN ALSO FINE;)
This discussion has been closed.