Classes Pros/Cons

sphinx
sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
I have been doing alot of reading lately on the individual classes. They all seem like alot of fun to play, unfortunately you can only have 1 main character and maybe a few alts. I was wondering if someone could maybe list the pros and cons for each of the classes. An example of pros/cons would be plays better solo or party, lvls fast or slow, or is harder to solo with... You know something that can help me make up my mind. What is written is one thing, but how they play is something else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sphinx on

Comments

• ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Kinda posted something like that in the noob discussion area.
    ah well.
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited July 2008
    ambie wrote: »
    Kinda posted something like that in the noob discussion area.
    ah well.

You can not call anyone noob, because you dont have a char in PW INTL YEt, so as to me i concider you as a noob too!!
    If you have hight lv chars in otehr region IT DOESNT MATTER AT ALL IN PW-INTL!
    so minde your lenguage!
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    You can not call anyone noob, because you dont have a char in PW INTL YEt, so as to me i concider you as a noob too!!
    so minde your lenguage!

...and now check the official forum section.
    kthxbai!
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Hmm....

Archers:
    Very fast levelling past 60. Best at PK. Wanted in HH and Instance Dungeons
    Vulnerable as prey. Expensive to raise. Limited AoE.

Blademasters:
    Wealthy class. Excellent at PK. Wanted in HH parties. The bread and butter of TW.
    Too many people use Blademasters.

Barbarians:
    Great at PK. High demand for HH and Instance Dungeons.
    Relies on potions and heirograms.

Venomancer:
    Very excellent at PK. Can solo anything with the exception of full-on bosses.
    Easy to prey on. Little demand in levelling parties.

Wizards:
    Great at PK. Very high damage output. Good-looking magic spells.
    Very vulnerable. No demand in HH. Hard to level.

Clerics:
    Very good at PK. Good damage output. Can sef-buff and self-heal. INSANE demand in HH/IDs.
    Very vulnerable.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    specter wrote: »
    ...and now check the official forum section.
    kthxbai!

aie SORRY I THINK I DIDNT SLEEP WELL
    HOW EVER I CANT BELIVE THAT THEY OPENED A SECTION LIKE THAT..... ITS :eek:
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    so minde your lenguage!
    umm no, there is a discussion area called "noob discussion" where i posted a thread..
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=2791
    See..
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    I was thinking about a new Ven male class......
    I know it wont hapen but it will fix the "same sexe marraige problem"
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    thanks for the input, now im stuck between archer, priest, and venomancer:D

First of all sorry for not putting it in the right area i didn't even notice the "noob" section.
    Then thing is that I think this is more a topic that can be discusses by more people because
    eveyone has a different opinion and approach to what they concider to be a pro/con therefore
    I don't this thread belongs to the "noob" section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    I've played every class, it depends what you wan't
    Solo player thats cheap and quick money making go VM

A support char that will be needed allot in dungeons go Clc

A char that will kill swiftly if used right in pk and a good dd. Go Arc.

:3 just down to preference my dear friend.
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    Well thats the problem, I don't exactly know what I want. But i do know that i want relative balance of things, so I'm trying to consider all the options before I make a character. What I hate doing the most in games like this is play a character to lvl 40 and realize I don't like it and start all over again:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    Hmm, well, what sort of chars do you normally play?
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Oh, cool, I have 250 posts now. And yeah, Sphinx - it's a hard choice. I definitely recommend the Blademaster, though, for a first-timer. It's easy to play, and is VERY cool! Good endgame class, too. There's not much wrong with them, actually.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    ambie wrote: »
    Hmm, well, what sort of chars do you normally play?

I used to be hard core into tank and meele classes, but know I find them rather boring to play.
    i also loved to play wizard/ mage classes, but they are too squishy at times and while they keep my interest for a little while I stop playing them after lvl 20 or so. I usually end up playing either cleric and something ranged like an archer. Every game has a different degree of difficulty to make money or get items, so I cant' gage too well with PW on how hard or easy to is to make money or et the items I would need.

So maybe you could say im looking for a good cross between ranged, meele, magic. As well as a character that i can solo with relaatively well, but that can be played in a party if soloing gets boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    sounds like a VM then, though, they have very limited skills to do, most the time you're chucking venom and healing pet.
    Though In fox form a VM can also deal melee attacks but melee VM are VERY hard to paly and stat build, trust me I have one.
    We should really get some other opinions here.

Ive done quite well soloing on my Clc.
    there was a few bosses I couldn't solo but that's to be expected, as well as being a very afective team support.
    As for Ea, They have few decent skills and magic skills though they aren't at all very good for melee.
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    Hmm, but from what you described VMs being like... I know that I will get bored from it. Idk but I dont find chucking venom and healing pets to be all that fun. But i think im leaning in the direction of EP and EA. I can see myself having an EP main and an EA alt. I find EPs to have that delicate balance i'm looking for because they seem like they do a little bit of everything. Then EAs would be for PVP and such I guess. Oh and another plus is flying... I mean how cool is that.

BTW how hard is it to make money, get items, or find the materials required to craft good items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Not hard at all. If you're an EA or EP you tend to lose that money pretty quickly though.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    my cleric is down to 200k T_T I spend so much on potions and pots, not only that supporting allot of chars doesn't help D:

Clerics don't lose as much money as archers though they have more to buy. (respect the archer)
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    How come? Is that because your skills/ equipment is so expensive? Or is it because you spend way to much money on pots and stuff?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    How come? Is that because your skills/ equipment is so expensive? Or is it because you spend way to much money on pots and stuff?

Potions, and heirograms. Skills are pretty expensive, too, though. Blademasters and Venomancers are the best classes if you like money.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    When playing a Clc, you always lack SP to level all your skills, same goes for money. If i remember correctly, level 10 of celestial guard (the one that gives you 10 hp/mp regen) costs about 120k SP :eek: I wonder how much the AoE version would cost then.

So if playing a Clc, you have to set preferences and not level skills you rarely use.

What I like about Clerics is that even though they are main healers, they can deal quite a bit of damage too. Means you could solo too, not like in RO where FS Priests were unable to do anything on their own w/o sacrificing their support skills - and even then, being limited to only a small fraction of monsters they could kill.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Well, it should actually be called Newbie-area,not noob-area.

Newbie is new to game,noob is usually used as an insult, though both terms have mixed nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    >_< should be the Newb Section.
    It has been classed as that on every game nearly.
    maybe pw is trying to insult us by implanting a secret insult D:
  • tseikkis
    tseikkis Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    so minde your lenguage!

Loosen up that tight belt around your head a bit will you?-D
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    .......lol:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Okay, first thing's first.
    Us guys are like pretty much the only people that post on forums, other people have made an ID got a BETA key and left it, right?
    So what im thinking is, ingame we all make a guild and buddy together. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I know that was nothing to do with this thread.
    ~ Sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    kazuma wrote: »
    Okay, first thing's first.
    Us guys are like pretty much the only people that post on forums, other people have made an ID got a BETA key and left it, right?
    So what im thinking is, ingame we all make a guild and buddy together. =]

First, idk about you but I see alot of people posting.

Second, I like the idea about sticking together or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bayport
    bayport Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Hmm....

Archers:
    Very fast levelling past 60. Best at PK. Wanted in HH and Instance Dungeons
    Vulnerable as prey. Expensive to raise. Limited AoE.

Blademasters:
    Wealthy class. Excellent at PK. Wanted in HH parties. The bread and butter of TW.
    Too many people use Blademasters.

Barbarians:
    Great at PK. High demand for HH and Instance Dungeons.
    Relies on potions and heirograms.

Venomancer:
    Very excellent at PK. Can solo anything with the exception of full-on bosses.
    Easy to prey on. Little demand in levelling parties.

Wizards:
    Great at PK. Very high damage output. Good-looking magic spells.
    Very vulnerable. No demand in HH. Hard to level.

Clerics:
    Very good at PK. Good damage output. Can sef-buff and self-heal. INSANE demand in HH/IDs.
    Very vulnerable.

mk i wasn't looking thru all the posts but incase someone didn't point it out...u said all the classes were great at PK lol

oh and adding on to the Barbarians....there often is a great need for them since no body plays them >_> they are such slow levelers

and archers below level 30 are also terrible :P..higher levels though they destroy everything
    same with blade masters..idk about the destroying everything though..

Venomancers are on steroids :) they can level EXTREMELY fast compared to other classes until they get to the higher levels where they kind of level off....having that pet really helps them solo which = fast leveling

If your a cleric...especially a nice cleric everyone will love you =P clerics are always a nice addition to a party....the whole not dieing and not using potions is nice when they are around
    don't get a big ego about being a healer tho, people will get rid of u even if u are a cleric =P

and well i dont know about wizards..never played them
    i do believe that they are the most powerful DD (damage dealer) with mobs, very high magical dmg...they can get killed pretty easy in PK by either Elf class...archer due to the light armor and long range physical dmg and Cleric because of the high mage def and being able to use physical attacks along with their magical ones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bayport - Archer
    Server - PvP East
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Hmm....

Archers:
    Best at PK. (...)

Blademasters:
    Excellent at PK.(...)

Barbarians:
    Great at PK. (...)

Venomancer:
    Very excellent at PK. (...)

Wizards:
    Great at PK. (...)

Clerics:
    Very good at PK. (...)

...m'kay, got it.
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    So is there any class that is bad at PvP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.