UK players

woodeh
woodeh Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
Hi have been looking for a pvp orientated mmo for a long time now and looks like I've found one.

I played WoW as a full vengeful rogue and a full vengeful elemental shaman before selling up and quitting the game, playing 2.5k+ in 3vs3 arena.

I'm looking for any hardcore pvp UK players to level up with me and make this mmo more enjoyable. I've got my closed beta key and will be playing as soon as the clients and servers are up.

So if your uk and a hardcore pvp'er gimme a shout and we'll get together and take over the Perfect
World world. Preferably 18+

thanks for reading:)

msn = shaun_wood06@hotmail.co.uk
xfire = shaunwood

EDIT: I'm hearing US this, US that.. won't there be any EU servers?
Post edited by woodeh on

Comments

• koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    This isn't that pvp oriented to be perfectly honest. You are better off playing rohan if you want to pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woodeh
    edited July 2008
    I tryed Rohan and didnt even manage to get the game going, the patcher just gets stuck and theres no fix. The forums are going crazy about it
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    To be a succesfull PvPer here you must have 2 things in mind:

1. This is not WoW. Not everyone is equal. You don't get awesome gear through PvP rewards. You get it with real money or through PvE content that can't be cleared without real money. If you don't want to lose that gear when you die, you need cash shop protection items.Then, to back up that gear you need consumables, also from the cash shop. And to have a decent level, you will need exp scrolls. You guessed it, from the cash shop. Expect massive real money expenses if you want to PvP alot, and actually compete (ie not gank some clueless noob who just dinged 30).

2. This is not WoW. It's not the casual Horde vs Alliance war where you can kill someone, he'll be pissed, he'll kill you back and then you'll meat eachother again, lol, and /salute. Here, if you kill someone, he'll RAGE. And not rage as in complain on forums. RAGE as in shout on the worldchat "OH MY GOD THAT **** KILLED ME ARRRGH". Because this mmo is played by obsessive 'mmos r srsbiz' individuals who wouldn't know fun if it hit them in the face, and take dying personally (partly because it costs real money, see point #1). Then said person will cry until his whole 200 man guild will want to kill you on sight, repeatedly with as much determination as someone who you just punched in the face and stole his car.

So if you're looking for casual, fun, pvp competitions, don't. If you want real money powered drama wars and RAGE, hop on.
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I played WoW for about 5 hours before getting sick of the game. Then again having played games like Guild Wars before hand raise my expectations of an MMO. I'm glad PW took a different route than Blizzards cheeseware.
  • woodeh
    edited July 2008
    junk wrote: »

2. This is not WoW. It's not the casual Horde vs Alliance war where you can kill someone, he'll be pissed, he'll kill you back and then you'll meat eachother again, lol, and /salute. Here, if you kill someone, he'll RAGE. And not rage as in complain on forums. RAGE as in shout on the worldchat "OH MY GOD THAT **** KILLED ME ARRRGH". Because this mmo is played by obsessive 'mmos r srsbiz' individuals who wouldn't know fun if it hit them in the face, and take dying personally (partly because it costs real money, see point #1). Then said person will cry until his whole 200 man guild will want to kill you on sight, repeatedly with as much determination as someone who you just punched in the face and stole his car.

Sounds like fun, a whole guild of enemy's to gank. And yeah I'll be trying the game out and if I dont like it I'll stop playing. :) But thanks for the info, especially about the xp scrolls :) I'm not very experienced in these free mmo's with the shops, as every free mmo I try out I find really hard to get into.. and theres a bunch of **** 10 year olds running around
  • judaspt
    judaspt Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Don't agree about the rohan remark. This game is at least as good as rohan in PVP. Well, the features are the same (with slight changes of course). Rohan PVP is very boring if i remember correctly: it's very slow, a thing that does not happen in this game.
  • woodeh
    edited July 2008
    good to hear :)
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i think rohan pvp is god awful. But you have to remember that rohan is still in Beta so it has a long was to go and may still be an awesome game.;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woodeh
    edited July 2008
    true *
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    EXP scrolls aren't only in the cash shop. They can be bought from NPCs as well. I forgot how much it costs :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    hmm the only scrolls i saw at the NPC was a resurrection scroll that costs 50k >.<
    which NPC are you talking about?
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woodeh
    edited July 2008
    any EU or UK players around?
  • judaspt
    judaspt Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I'm from Portugal (Western Europe, for the ones who don't know where it is).
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    jolly good to meet all of you swell blokes ^_^

office (original BBC version) owns a large chunk of my soul :D

- orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • poolia
    poolia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    woodeh wrote: »

hehe we are about, but I guess not all of us actually want to go about ganking ppl in groups :D
  • seveneyes
    seveneyes Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    woodeh wrote: »

Of course there are!!!

We're all over ;)

Where are you from in good old England?

Me? I'm a yorkshireman...

p.s. I recognise your name from somewhere... Really can't remember
  • woodeh
    edited July 2008
    well I use to play a rediculous amount of counter-strike source competitively, and I also use to play WoW on Ahn'Qiraj as a full vengeful BE rogue (Woodeh) and a full vengeful elemental orc shaman. (Woodehh)

And I'm from Carlisle, Cumbria :)
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Im from the U.K I live in England and the town im located in is Cannock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • eonall
    eonall Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    "partly because it costs real money"

I heard that all the items from the cash shop weren't requires and were mostly consumables for looks and stuff? o.O

Anyhow, I'm from england but if I'm going to lose a ton of RL moniez from PKing forget about it. I'm not that rich! x.x
  • loney
    loney Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I am from the UK, just outside London

Woo, sure I will be playing when the closed beta is released, when is it released btw?
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    19th of August...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • loney
    loney Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Not long then, thanks alot
  • woodeh
    edited July 2008
    and the client downloads should be up a week or two before closed beta release date
This discussion has been closed.