DST compensation

meow101
meow101 Posts: 60 Arc User
Will we be getting a DST compensation code this time around? We still havent heard about the compensation/event announced in January and no other updates about the 2022 perfect attendance reward or the latest expansion.

Answers

• yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    There was already an announcement for the Jan make up event, unfortunately they announced it part way through the first day of it and it only lasted 2 days total for the 3 holiday event makeups, and the announcement got quickly buried by store announcements so most probably missed it anyways.
  • adaryo#3701
    adaryo#3701 Posts: 6 Arc User
    yoda3160 wrote: »
    There was already an announcement for the Jan make up event, unfortunately they announced it part way through the first day of it and it only lasted 2 days total for the 3 holiday event makeups, and the announcement got quickly buried by store announcements so most probably missed it anyways.

The only events that happened last January were the (1) Santa instance that rewards a title, (2) the Christmas gift float/parade, and (3) that bayside Santa event. I think you're referring to one of those. The 'bonus event' stated here https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11534213-rescheduled-events-&-upcoming-compensation does not refer to one of them. We're still owed a 'bonus event' and a 'compensation'. Last year, the March DST compensation was announced the first of April, but it's not guaranteed. There have been DSTs wherein they didn't give a damn about. I won't be surprised though, the people managing this game is just the least ideal.
  • yoda3160
    I'm sorry but i don't see anywhere in there about any bonus event, it just says they rescheduled events and to see below for details. The compensation on the other hand I'm thinking you're right on. I was thinking there was a code in that post too but it just says upcoming compensation which I don't think we ever got a code for unless it was buried in one of the sale posts or something, might have been shadow dropped on one of their social accounts where noone would see it too although looks like the last code we got was back in august, other than the usual annual jones/omalley codes. Unless they're counting the many double exp/drops events that have occurred as the compensation but not telling us.
    Either way it does make me wonder about dst compensation too, and if we should even expect anything since they've gone pretty much silent since January. I feel like the new company took over but everything is still in the hands of overseas and some things they might not bother with unless it's something truly game breaking with the time it takes to go back and forth between them. Like with the broken super attendance boxes that they pretty much said we'll ask china about it but we're not even sure if it's supposed to be in our version and probably won't get fixed till next major update or later if at all.
  • adaryo#3701
    yoda3160 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but i don't see anywhere in there about any bonus event, it just says they rescheduled events and to see below for details. The compensation on the other hand I'm thinking you're right on. I was thinking there was a code in that post too but it just says upcoming compensation which I don't think we ever got a code for unless it was buried in one of the sale posts or something, might have been shadow dropped on one of their social accounts where noone would see it too although looks like the last code we got was back in august, other than the usual annual jones/omalley codes. Unless they're counting the many double exp/drops events that have occurred as the compensation but not telling us.
    Either way it does make me wonder about dst compensation too, and if we should even expect anything since they've gone pretty much silent since January. I feel like the new company took over but everything is still in the hands of overseas and some things they might not bother with unless it's something truly game breaking with the time it takes to go back and forth between them. Like with the broken super attendance boxes that they pretty much said we'll ask china about it but we're not even sure if it's supposed to be in our version and probably won't get fixed till next major update or later if at all.

avz1qdewouw8.jpg
    This photo might help, if you'd overlooked 'bonus event.' At the risk of repeating myself, we're still owed not only a 'compensation' but also a 'bonus event.' But tada, 2 months and nearly 2/3 of a month later, we still getting nada. Typical PWI at its finest.
  • vanguard12#9922
    vanguard12#9922 Posts: 3 Arc User
    We already got both of those ages ago the compensation was the code and the bonus event was the new years event that ran for 3-4 days in adventure kingdom
  • adaryo#3701
    edited March 2023
    We already got both of those ages ago the compensation was the code and the bonus event was the new years event that ran for 3-4 days in adventure kingdom

Clearly, you don't pay attention to the timeline. Reading this made me question my own existence tbh.
    First of all, what code are you talking about? Far as I know, the only codes that had been released (last year) were the 07-22-22 (https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11522013-thank-you-pwi!) which couldn't be possibly what you are talking about nor is it the one posted on 11-30-22 (https://community.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/11531743-compensation-for-dst-maintenance). And uh, that unannounced 3-4 day pre-New Year's event in Tremolo Kingdom is... pre-New Year's event... so I'm like, duh? It couldn't be the 'bonus event'. And this post (https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11534213-rescheduled-events-&-upcoming-compensation) that states 'compensation' and 'a bonus event' was put up on JANUARY 6th of 2023. So you should be referencing to a 'compensation' and 'a bonus event' that had to have happened afterwards, not before. And clearly in the post it said 'we WILL be offering'... it's in the future tense. This 'compensation' hasn't been given yet and 'bonus event' hasn't even happened yet. And I think they never will be.
  • yoda3160
    edited March 2023
    I see that now, i missed the bonus event part and thought that was talking about the already announced stuff. We have had multiple increased exp and item drop events since then, that weren't announced, so either they're counting those for the compensation and bonus event, forgot about them, or have yet to give them to us if they're going to. It's also possible they're trying to arrange something while talking with china. Any codes we might be able to get sooner, any event though might not be in place till after the next major patch, if it's not something they can just flip a switch to run an old event. I think there's usually an event for easter, and maybe for april fools day as well, but don't remember for sure on the april fools day. Not fully sure when the next one would be after that, might not be till july or whenever we get the next major patch.
  • puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 84 Arc User
    We have not received the Bonus event nor the compensation code from that post Gearbox made. We are realistically owed the following
    Archosaur event
    Dragon rising event
    Compensation code and Bonus event
    DST Compensation
  • adaryo#3701
    We have not received the Bonus event nor the compensation code from that post Gearbox made. We are realistically owed the following
    Archosaur event
    Dragon rising event
    DST Compensation

UGH. Them not releasing Dragon Rising Event is completely unbelievable. PWRU released Dragon Rise Celebration when their version of 'Fountain of Fate' dropped. And that Archosaur Event: the +10 orb, the level 7 glyph, the lasso, etc. Things just keep on piling up, rewards over rewards, codes over codes. If PWI admins are even 'trying' to keep their playerbase strong, there's no apparent effort at all. And it's only declining. If they were more interactive with us and just active generally, things would be entirely different. I wish everyone would unite, flood and ambush them with complaint tickets with all these, then I think, we would be able to elicit a reaction.
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    Archosaur event
    Dragon rising event
    DST Compensation

UGH. Them not releasing Dragon Rising Event is completely unbelievable. PWRU released Dragon Rise Celebration when their version of 'Fountain of Fate' dropped. And that Archosaur Event: the +10 orb, the level 7 glyph, the lasso, etc. Things just keep on piling up, rewards over rewards, codes over codes. If PWI admins are even 'trying' to keep their playerbase strong, there's no apparent effort at all. And it's only declining. If they were more interactive with us and just active generally, things would be entirely different. I wish everyone would unite, flood and ambush them with complaint tickets with all these, then I think, we would be able to elicit a reaction.

The problem is, the only way they would listen is for people to stop charging gold. But that would only make the game less profitable, which would lead them to think the game isn't worth keeping online.

At this point, it's just play while you can and hope this lack of updates is just Gearbox trying to get things done behind the scenes. After all, they are still updating the market which is a sign they havent fully given up on the game yet. They see the money potential it still has.
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    we had the dragon rising event back in September 2021. players were able to get a free lv 9 glyph (that cant be upgraded)
  • zafra2010#4866
    zafra2010#4866 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    we had the dragon rising event back in September 2021. players were able to get a free lv 9 glyph (that cant be upgraded)

You're right, and that's the 14th Anniversary event https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11496243#:~:text=Event Starts: September 1, 2021 Event Ends: Maintenance,on the wall art by "converging dragon energy".
    But I believe they're talking about the 15th Anniversary event (which is also a Dragon Rising Event) that PWI has yet to release.
    PWCN had theirs a long, long time ago: https://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20211101/84186.shtml
    PWRU released theirs when their version of 'Fountain of Fate' was launched:
    (1) https://pw.mail.ru/news.php?article=8114
    (2) https://pw.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=214297
    Instead of a 'free lv9 glyph (that cant be upgraded)', the ultimate reward is a +12 orb. In addition to that, an event-exclusive fashion set, and no, I'm not talking about the free 'Bell of Garment.' You may see what this fashion set looks like on your Codex, under 'Festival', I think. It's called 'Dragon Costume' or something, it's all white, has the '15' number adorning the top.
    PWI didn't release this 15th anniversary event, which should've coincided with the 'Fountain of Fate' last August. Everyone expected it to drop in the following month, September, but nada still. . . so yay.
  • zafra2010#4866
    zafra2010#4866 Posts: 9 Arc User

You're right, and that's the 14th Anniversary event https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11496243#:~:text=Event Starts: September 1, 2021 Event Ends: Maintenance,on the wall art by "converging dragon energy".
    But I believe they're talking about the 15th Anniversary event (which is also a Dragon Rising Event) that PWI has yet to release.
    PWCN had theirs a long, long time ago: https://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20211101/84186.shtml
    PWRU released theirs when their version of 'Fountain of Fate' was launched:
    (1) https://pw.mail.ru/news.php?article=8114
    (2) https://pw.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=214297
    Instead of a 'free lv9 glyph (that cant be upgraded)', the ultimate reward is a +12 orb. In addition to that, an event-exclusive fashion set, and no, I'm not talking about the free 'Bell of Garment.' You may see what this fashion set looks like on your Codex, under 'Festival', I think. It's called 'Dragon Costume' or something, it's all white, has the '15' number adorning the top.
    PWI didn't release this 15th anniversary event, which should've coincided with the 'Fountain of Fate' last August. Everyone expected it to drop in the following month, September, but nada still. . . so yay.
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 64 Arc User
    I agree. I don't miss the +12 orb. The level 9 glyph was way better. China had last winter another dragons rise event, where they put back the level 9 glyph. So, I'd like to have that one instead of the +12 orb. The fashion is not this pretty, but if you want to collect all fashion sets, you have to get it. Let alone the cash in event, that we never had, where you got some token, that you could exchange at the envoy in south archosaur.

And besides. We've had a feedback over discord, that the staff here is looking into a DST compensation code. At least that is confirmed. I'd honestly like, if they would reschedule the Dragons Rise Event anytime soon. But I find it more likely, that the Archosaur Warsong to return, once the big update comes.
    Venomancer "Nalaira" from Dawnglory Server 18th August 2015
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
    bannergzjd0.png