Fountain of Fate Update - The Great , Bad and The Broken/Bugs

Comments

• deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    plushie666 wrote: »
    Thank you @heero200 !

:)

Make a new thread for the list of all useless announcements we got now.

Have a nice day all!

They are aware of the issue to an extent.

p4tosm698kmr.png
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • callofduty456
    callofduty456 Posts: 7 Arc User
    during the final wizard hero quest you cannot get into the log to save the girl both ways are blocked.
  • wolfish11
    wolfish11 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Typo on:
    Brightness Pill should say 20k vitae but says 2k. It gives 20k when opened which is correct.
    Hallowed Entity and Rigious Origin still have an incorrect descriptions at forges. The lvl 2 version of these still has this issue just with a 2 listed after the item name.
  • jeajade#4898
    jeajade#4898 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just fix 3v3 allready, waited 8 months for nothing now
  • vendi#0954
    vendi#0954 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Try to update the game, after a few minutes it say, "game update terminated"
  • hokker#1570
    hokker#1570 Posts: 396 Arc User
    Celestial Memoire event seems broken, but the NPC Moon Flower has a quest...
    unknown.png
    Here's PWRU event guide of how it should work https://pw.mail.ru/news.php?article=8146
  • bonespirits
    bonespirits Posts: 3 Arc User
    Did skill cost change? Could have sworn barb's panda form skill was 2m before update. Might be mistaken.
  • williamjimbam
    williamjimbam Posts: 11 Arc User
    what if when updating patcher its said "Game Update Terminated" over and over again...any solution for this pls?
  • williamjimbam
    williamjimbam Posts: 11 Arc User
    what if when updating patcher its said "Game Update Terminated" over and over again...any solution for this pls?

ty42sgy03k7r.png
  • ezmb
    ezmb Posts: 1 Arc User
    1. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error.
    Possible Solution's in the meantime are as followed,

(A)Have latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library installed.
    (B)Reinstall of Whole game.

done a&b both without lucky. what's next?
  • maple#1614
    maple#1614 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Assassin skill Rib Strike only applies 6 seconds instead of 10 seconds.
  • ladyricana
    ladyricana Posts: 20 Arc User
    yugi2390 wrote: »
    As well as no forges in lunar or warsong for g16/r9s3. Badge boss npc's do not spawn.
    In addition to this, and I am aware that dev's don't see game as we do, rather in source code, I gathered the Name for the NPC that should spawn after killing the Boss (Obscure Reaper, Snakefist Guardian, Pestilent Destroyer, Orcfist Guardian and Shadowskull Lich) in Warsong City. NPC name is Attendant and the quest name is Challenge Another Enemy and Face a powerful enemy in Quest tracker, when accepted. For Lunar Glade it is the same NPC name and same quest name.
  • glycerin22
    glycerin22 Posts: 10 Arc User
    I turned on HD mode on my wizard and went to use a makeover scroll at Cosmetic Master Quin in Tellus City. My client immediately crashed. Relogged and chose my wizard. Client immediately crashed after character selection. I had to log another character to disable HD mode to allow me to log my wizard again.

The C++ issue almost sounds like the issue I had back in November with the Wildwalker update. In my case the popup referenced patcher.exe as an issue as well. When I clicked to verify.. that's when it told me that litmodels.pck was corrupt. I'm wondering if this issue is somehow related to the issue I had months ago. For reference, I didn't have that issue on this update.
  • kuglepen
    kuglepen Posts: 48 Arc User
    Soo many problems! I know a lot have been mentioned already but here's my take on things...

Huge problem with the forges...

Exclusive forge in lunar glade / warsong is now gone, including the npcs to spawn badge bosses to get badges and molds to craft with.
    This means we can no longer get our exclusive r9.3 and nv3 gear.

I dont actually mind if the developers want us to get closer to their version. But we still have our exclusive forges for nation war, which means we cant actually get r9.4 gear either (which is PWCN's r9.3 gear).
    Thus the only way to get decent gear now is G17 and it has to be from scratch, no shortcuts. This is a huge problem and basically if you didnt have your r9.3 before the update - then you are fked now and have to work twice as hard.
    Our exclusive nation war forges has not recieved updates either even though we were promised it long ago, which means we are still missing out on various updates PWCN may get (the most noticeable one the lack of the dustfall ultimate exchange for r9.4 gear)

If we ever get Nation War forge to match PWCNs instead of updates to our own forges:

It may be healthier for future updates to be less broken, however we will lose more of our exclusive things: we wont have Star Destiny, Moon Embrace, the NW necks etc.
    Oh I know what I'll be working on getting for my alts while I can...

New content is... broken too..

Rising Sky daily: Nobody that I know of have figured out how to do this. Mobs have to get a red symbols or something around them but it never happens. We believe its bugged.
    New instance: Can't spawn even the first boss, thus cant do the instance. It's supposed to spawn when a cleric enter the pond after you open the instance.

Descriptions are on another level now...

A lot of skills lack proper description, and this update just broke the record. Try to read the different glyphs for Seal of the God (cleric) and then think about what green does and white does. From the description you have no clue, so you have to figure it out by yourself. That skill was just one example, there's more of them.

New tome lacks +50 magic?
    I believe its (probably) a description error and it actually does give +50 magic, but I sure ain't going to test it considering rarity/price and me actually needing the magic as I play as an arcane class.

Arena is still a big issue
    Because of our different timezones for the servers, the new timeslots just doesnt work. And because the arena server is down by the time west coast reach their first arena timeslot this results in them not being able to do arena AT ALL. Serious issue that hasnt been addressed.

Chrono Hunt is still broken (probably?)
    Considering they didnt do anything for arena, I'm betting my butt on them having done nothing for chrono hunt. We can que, but we cant enter. I suspect there's simply no server set up anymore to handle the chrono hunt battles.
    Gathering 99 people to test is too much of a hassle when I'm 99% sure it doesnt work.

We skipped over yet another coupon droptable rotation. Who knows what we missed out on this time.

Aand more broken events of course.

I mean, the game always had many bugs and broken things, but now its starting to affect really SUPER IMPORTANT things, such as our gear and our ability to have fun activity (arena, r9 gear, etc)
  • kuglepen
    kuglepen Posts: 48 Arc User
    Oh, and in case I wasnt clear - I consider broken arena/CH, daily, instance, and lack of forge ALL being quite game breaking..
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    I'm still reading all comments, I'll update later on feedback.

Please keep loggin a ticket and letting us know on here. The more people that let me know of issues the easier it is to track and hopefully sort.

Thanks.
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    The C++ library issue is a really critical bug, this should be fixed a.s.a.p. I hope they are aware of the urgency and we are getting a hotfix today, the latest.
    That is what any respectable company would do.
    DeffyNature
  • ladyricana
    I just found some other bug that seems to be new. After you finish the running part of the daily quest
    Grim War Efforts from Apex Sky. The Sacred Spirit give you this Memory piece, where you have to fly to finish the quest. Today I got the Hibeth Forest location and it shows no picture, after you clicked on the Memory piece. It seems to only affect Hibeth Forest so far, as yesterday it worked fine with another location.
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Note to Gearbox,

Myself and others will not mind an emergency update to remove those damn duke anouncements when people open packs.

Its hard to form squads or sell anything on WC(= World Chat) because of this massive pack opening session.

Ruins the game and no fun :(

Good day all!
  • provenance#8111
    provenance#8111 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yeah they really just need an emergency maintenance to fix A LOT of things. I was looking forward to this update and now I can’t even play due to the runtime error that me nor support can solve. Crazy situation.
  • agulfr#6912
    agulfr#6912 Posts: 5 Arc User
    So to add to the list of broken things:

TNF NPC did not spawn, and all TW times on sunday late at night? 8pm/10pm on sunday instead of 5pm/7pm on saturday?
  • alicia85#4981
    alicia85#4981 Posts: 2 New User
    anyone else have their client crash everytime when minimizing or switching to a different tab in windows?
  • deadwieght
    deadwieght Posts: 69 Arc User
    anyone else have their client crash everytime when minimizing or switching to a different tab in windows?

yes...many many many of us are having that problem. there is no fix yet for it.
  • tanker3000
    tanker3000 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Also getting the runtime error. Have updated C++ and reinstalled the game, but still the same thing. Pls fix this :(
  • ladyricana

Which client version is it? I tested what you described on mine and it didn't happen. Is it maybe 32 bit client? I use 64 bit client since a while and it works fine.
  • merrylcopy
    merrylcopy Posts: 4 Arc User
    ladyricana wrote: »
    I just found some other bug that seems to be new. After you finish the running part of the daily quest
    Grim War Efforts from Apex Sky. The Sacred Spirit give you this Memory piece, where you have to fly to finish the quest. Today I got the Hibeth Forest location and it shows no picture, after you clicked on the Memory piece. It seems to only affect Hibeth Forest so far, as yesterday it worked fine with another location.

happens to other locations as well...

- TW time moved by 24 hours from satruday to sunday, which means 5 am monday morning for EU players on US servers =)

- Venomancer and Barb skill updates are not posted in the patch notes.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    Evening all,

So a quick update on 1 item, There will be other events. These will be run once eveyone has had chance to download the update.

Thanks.
  • provenance#8111
    provenance#8111 Posts: 3 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    Evening all,

So a quick update on 1 item, There will be other events. These will be run once eveyone has had chance to download the update.

Thanks.

Will they be extending log in bonus for those of us who can’t play at the moment due to the runtime error?
  • vang02
    vang02 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Even with npc out tnf did not work, instead of teleporting us it gave the error: "TNF has ended"
  • jadesjedi
    jadesjedi Posts: 3 Arc User
    I cannot update the new patch I tried many times it updated to some extent but now it verify then says updating files but nothing goes on n it ends ( I already updated C++ and start down load from beginning.