Disappearing Homestead Terrain

frolick#9099
frolick#9099 Posts: 2 Arc User
After completing the quest that unlocks a few free terrains, I had quit the game. This was around December of last year, or so. Came back recently and applied the terrain to my homestead about a week ago. After relog, came back on and my terrain was gone from the homestead as well as construction menu. :( Submitted a ticket and they said it was most likely a bug. Wondering if anyone else has run into this and if so, found a solution.

Comments

• chilpod
    chilpod Posts: 61 Arc User
    So sad that they can't give a good answer. With this we can see that there isn't any investment in customer support or - even worse - this game is only "alive" to invest in other games.

As for the homestead: no there isn't a bug in the homestead itself. Once someone have a terrain/objects/whatever bound items, it's bound to the character used. The only 3 things that could change in the future are:

(1) once you visit a homestead the terrain can still be in memory, meaning you have a temporary homestead (until you get out of your homestead. This temporary homestead can only be seen on your character.

(2) at a higher level you can upload your homestead so people from other servers can visit it. They will be in stealth mode of course. The bad part of this upload are the textures (=graphics) used or in this case isn't implemented yet in the source. If you have roads in your homestead they are gone in the uploaded version.

(3) Mounts aren't supposed to swim. However using one type of terrain mounts can swim. This could be seen as a bug however I think it was meant for that kind of terrain. Letting your mount swim (while in someones homestead) is fun for a few seconds but also a waste of time. Unless someone already made a mount-parade lol.

So back to the problem: the missing terrain. I presume the quests are all done, meaning you have the desert terrain. The possibility of not seeing this is if the graphic-settings are changed. Like for example the "Instant Optimization Settings" (left, above - near your character icon) and System Settings where terrain, trees and plats are set to low. Just change things here and check your homestead.
  • yijianmei
    yijianmei Posts: 4 Arc User
    so how come my jewerlies galery was missing on spot tht ? and the gms answer really dispoint me as well cos they didnt fix the problems
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    People seems to always forget, thats arc and pwi gm's are no game developers but game moderators.
    They can only do what they can. If its a software problem they will contact the devs and they will provide a solution.

Also Game moderators have a life. The time they put in moderating the game and answer our tickets can be time consuming.
    They do there best for all pwi players.

So just be thankfull there are gm's that answers our tickets and try to help us!

Good day all