Character Creation

So ive been gone for awhile from Perfect World and im trying to custumize my character but the customization is very limited now, especially hairstyles! What happened??

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    edited March 2020
    So ive been gone for awhile from Perfect World and im trying to custumize my character but the customization is very limited now, especially hairstyles! What happened??

Is this the Edgerunner or Technician class?

these classes do have limited customization, I do believe I saw an update in PWCN for this but not sure if this has hit us yet.

Thanks.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Actually they did give us the advanced customization for edgerunners and technicians with the last content update, so you can do a fair bit with them. They just don't really have fashion available for the advanced models.

For all of the older classes, yeah they limited the hairstyles you can choose in the customizer unfortunately but I don't really know why. You can still INI edit to get all of the other hairstyles that they removed from the customizer. I don't have any resources on hand at the moment but you should be able to google for PWI INI hair codes and find them easily.

Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    I stand corrected.

Thanks.​​
  • lestaroth
    lestaroth Posts: 77 Arc User
    Hi Zach.

Yes, when it comes to the new classes, customization seems to be very limited... but this is only for the HD version of them! They actually have TWO customization types, just uncheck that box in the settings and you can access the old version (and so, by checking and unchecking, you can juggle between both).
    I look forward to what they'll do to the older classes in due time, if they ever do.
    Speaking of which, I couldn't make so my Tactician and Edgerunner could wear the outfits that are shown in the artworks. Any way to do it?

Obielle and Heero (hiya to you by the way), maybe our returning player means that old classes up to the Tideborn got their options nerfed (especially their old, more generic hairstyles).
    Well, I got the remedy for that! Zach, just check the .ini edit thread in the forum (hopefully it still exists) to get these hairstyles and other settings back.
    If it's not what was asked, well, I hope it will help other people.

Take care everyone, stay safe out there, have fun!
    Lestaroth
  • jmyers06
    jmyers06 Posts: 1 Arc User
    lestaroth wrote: »
    Hi Zach.

Yes, when it comes to the new classes, customization seems to be very limited... but this is only for the HD version of them! They actually have TWO customization types, just uncheck that box in the settings and you can access the old version (and so, by checking and unchecking, you can juggle between both).
    I look forward to what they'll do to the older classes in due time, if they ever do.
    Speaking of which, I couldn't make so my Tactician and Edgerunner could wear the outfits that are shown in the artworks. Any way to do it?

Obielle and Heero (hiya to you by the way), maybe our returning player means that old classes up to the Tideborn got their options nerfed (especially their old, more generic hairstyles).
    Well, I got the remedy for that! Zach, just check the .ini edit thread in the forum (hopefully it still exists) to get these hairstyles and other settings back.
    If it's not what was asked, well, I hope it will help other people.

Take care everyone, stay safe out there, have fun!
    Lestaroth

Hello - I played 10 years or so ago and seem to recall more choices when playing untamed (male). I may be mistaken though, but it seems like I have seen more than the generic/base model (color). I do not see the HD/SD checkbox where should I be looking?

Thank you
  • lestaroth
    lestaroth Posts: 77 Arc User
    Hey jmyers06,

Again, the oldest classes suffered from a lack of options over time, but .ini edit can solve this, if you do know what to do (you'll get a corrupted data warning otherwise anyway).

As for the HD box, check the first tab in Settings... known as System. It should be there.

Take care!
    Lestaroth