New Levels of Corrosive Cold (Passive) Doesn't Work

I've upgraded my Corrosive cold passive ' increasing cooldown of target's charm' to level 9 but it has no difference than level 5 one , i've tried to relog several times , tried it on players , mobs but nothing changed max it does is 5seconds cooldown . passive1.pngPassive.png

Comments

• cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I tested this intensely and it works as intended. You can stop watch it and you will see that it does increase the charm CD exactly by your level. Ofc, you need to know how this skill works. You need to actually hit the enemy 9 times to built a high enough stack (9 in your case) for it to properly work. If you only hit the enemy 3 times until charm tick then the charm will only tick 3 seconds slower and so on. Also, the additional CD is not displayed on the charm itself. The regular 10 seconds are displayed in a way that the gauge is filling up, the Charm CD passive however delays the time until the regular 10 seconds are filling up. Aka if you hit a target 9 times, then the charm ticks, you will have 9 seconds for the gauge to stay empty, after those 9 seconds it will fill up the remaining, regular 10 seconds of CD.

The buff icon only shows how long the debuff stays active. Aka if you dont keep attacking within those 5 seconds, the whole debuff stack vanishes and it starts from 0. so you have to hit someone in a row for 9 times with less than 5 seconds in between each hit and then it works as intended once the charm ticks. Just tested it again. It works like a charm, pun intended.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    There is some false info in this thread. The charm cooldown is determined by the passive level of the player whose attack ticks the charm. The debuff icon only really matters for the MP charm which can't be directly ticked by an attack or if the HP charm is ticked by indirect damage like a DoT. The duration of the debuff icon has nothing to do with the skill level of the passive. It's always been 5 seconds.​​
  • deimos#2960
    deimos#2960 Posts: 4 Arc User
    @cosmosia1989 nope , everyone knows it just requires 1hit to active the debuff on other players . @asterelle are u even a pwi player?!! .
    Today morning after i logged in i went to magnier to do my neverfall daily , there was the werewolves and the skill worked on them properly 1 hit = 9 seconds of cooldown , but then 2minutes later it went back as it was 5seconds max , everytime i log on the game it works for few minutes randomly from 6~7~9 seconds then 2minutes later it goes back to 5seconds max . Here some screenshots of the 6seconds , once it does more than that i'll provide more screenshots . https://imgur.com/O8ypxz0 https://imgur.com/kPnfHOa
  • asterelle
    The value beneath the buff uses a rounded value for the timestamp (timestamps are specified in whole seconds). Since the smallest value it can display is 1 and the duration is 5 seconds the range it can show is 1 to 6.

You claim to have seen values in the 7~9 range? I challenge you to back up that claim with a screenshot. It really should not be possible.
    ​​
  • deimos#2960
    deimos#2960 Posts: 4 Arc User
    @asterelle So when i sent a ticket to GMs they asked me to post a Bug Report Thread i've told em i don't expect much from players because i was pretty sure i'd meet that person who claim to know how this game works but in actually he doesn't know > .... , https://imgur.com/ISs5Hg1 ,now please get out of here ^^
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    @deimos I am not sure you know how the debuff is actually supposed to work..first off..its pvp only..so testing this on mobs has no value to begin with xD you only see different values on those icons when the server is lagging. Sometimes the counter gets offset by a few seconds, that has 100% nothing to do with the level of the debuff. You can have corrosive cold at lv1 or lv10, the icon will always be the same. Difference in the icon are issues with the icon system itself and apply to any other icon as well. you can easily test this. stun someone with a skill and check if the number you see is always the duration it is supposed to stun. Sometimes it is, sometimes its not. That is a bug, corrosive cold itself, like I said, works as intended and no, you need to built stacks.

Also it is not nice to complain about other ppl when you yourself either do not pay attention or just have not much experience yourself. Just go to any mob, use several attacks/effects/skills and let the icon run out, attack again, let it run out, and you will clearly see that the timer is nearly different every single time. Same with anything else, really.
  • mitapi#9696
    mitapi#9696 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    When the icon appears for 7+ seconds, does it stay for the full duration of the 7+ seconds or does it dissapear earlier?
    I've had where 5-second debuffs appeared all the way up to 50 seconds, yet dissapeared at the 45 second mark. This were due to lag and I noticed the ingame timer was one minute off from my other clients. Your client could have a 2-seconds lag.
    Also as mentioned by other people, you are looking at how long the debuffs lasts - not how strong the debuff is. Lvling up this skill increases the HP cooldown - not the duration of the debuff. Please test it on something that actually have a HP charm and check their HP charms cooldown.

EDIT:
    Actually have a picture of the lag, seems I remembered the timings wrong but whatever. This is my SB that used Moonblade and I was completely mindblown for the first couple of seconds.
    KUzIEcr.png
    Post edited by mitapi#9696 on
  • emptypage
    emptypage Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    @asterelle So when i sent a ticket to GMs they asked me to post a Bug Report Thread i've told em i don't expect much from players because i was pretty sure i'd meet that person who claim to know how this game works but in actually he doesn't know > .... , https://imgur.com/ISs5Hg1 ,now please get out of here ^^

I wouldn't go talking down to people just because you apparently have no idea how debuffs work and how latency can effect the timer. The debuff works that it increases charm cooldown rate by 10 seconds if it ticks while the debuff is applied, that doesn't mean the skill itself lasts 10 seconds. That would be like saying a DB's Annular Eclipse skill is bugged because the debuff lasts 30 seconds but increases skill cooldown by 1 minute, so the debuff should last 1 minute. You're also seeing a 7 second timer because your ping is going up, if you watch closely it will reach around 2 seconds and then the debuff will disappear. I've seen this happen to me a good few times when my ping is bad, I've seen it happen with other skills as well. Your corrosive cold passive is working exactly as intended. If anyone here doesn't actually know how the game works, its you.
  • asterelle
    I actually didn't know it could be off by 2s+ but still the time under the icon is based off of the difference between your local timestamp and the expiration timestamp. It's not really a very good indicator since the expiration timestamp is calculated server side and both timestamps only have 1s granularity. ​​
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    For brevity,

Yes the skill works as intended.
    Yes the timer to the skill is bugged as it should show the associated 6,7,8,9,10 second cooldown with the new associated 5 upgrades to the skill.
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!