BM New Buddha skill

glay4fun
glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
Welp its finaly here the long awaited ultimate defence BM skill that all the BM was waiting for... and its ****
The defence bonus is great but at the cost of 80% of your damage and a 5min CD. The thing is your actual defence
at endgame increases by about 20-40% depending how much def and patk you have, but your damage goes down by a falt 80% and turns you into a Stun/HF monkey. With this we are DD no more but pure support class. Rest of the new skills... no decent CC no anti CC just average poke skills wich we have plenty off as it is.
Oh and 0 -> 80chi para that was the final nail in the coffin... or was it?
Oh right the fact that now for endgame g17s5 we BM need atliest 3 weapons to focus on, so endgame not 3 years but 9 years of HS, ye... thats the final nail in the coffin.

Anyone seens any pros in this revamp? Please be kind enought to share, THX.

Comments

• shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    When i saw this skill months ago on patch note i knew that i was going full vit support class bm when it reached here simple because the ranged cc on dragon rising with sword/poleblade and the overall too much chi cost now to pull red glyph combos makes bm cc + damage hard to pull in mass pk unless you hit that paramount or chi pot constantly, 1v1 still alright just like old times.

Problem is that on pwcn bm is a Support class, bms will be playing support with aps purge/rend build simple because its the meta on pwcn for bms, and as we know, they work around their version not ours, so putting it simple, most bms on pwcn use r8rr, reaching capped def with r8rr gear is not really that easy, while in our version is piece of cake, so this buddha + the fact bms won't be doing any serious damage is totally balanced for them, very sht for our version but there's a light in the end of the tunnel.

if you checked the recent release of the skill revamp for bms on pwcn that will release in a few weeks, they completely changed how bm works, buddha will be changed into a deaden skill, which will support a offensive playstyle, not to mention bms getting a 400% base damage skill on myriad sword stance, roar doing damage, some nerfs, some buffs, all i can say for now is full vit bms with recent changes is pretty strong frontline, but i prefer playing offensive myself, i guess i gotta wait for next update in 2020 and work on a gof sword.

#SadBMLife
  • franciscorn94
    franciscorn94 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    basically we can just kite :s all new skills came from useless ones and ddint get much better.... star smite with 15 chi killed me badly. how can a cc class wont even be able to do its part when no chi to cast skills...
    how can u chase a sb veno archer tech or even wizzie ? never again.
    they should also nerf damage on barbs while faith

we can w8 a full life they wont make easier for us to get other weaps, but i agree all weaps should be used equally for diferent situations.

Ive been reading these skills updates since long ago and noone mentioned those nerfs on chi xP

now we just run from venos.paramount might help but still expensive for major bms. and paramount no good on 3v3. so... RIP
  • mrs0wa#2106
    mrs0wa#2106 Posts: 7 Arc User

Ive been reading these skills updates since long ago and noone mentioned those nerfs on chi xP

how did u miss that?
    its been the talking point among bms for months on ET that we are getting chi nerf
    but atleast they gave use range paralize to compensate
  • franciscorn94
    edited October 2019
    wanish wrote: »

how did u miss that?
    its been the talking point among bms for months on ET that we are getting chi nerf
    but atleast they gave use range paralize to compensate [/quote]

idk probs im not from ET

ranged paralyse only good to AA.... u cant perma cc anything with 5sec n yh range so consider like 3secs since u have to run to melee range.

yh really sad update on bm side

• goodjob2
    goodjob2 Posts: 14 Arc User
    I think not that sad if you have a g17.4 sword and paramount.
    Sword that no one has :p

Metal damage are good too against expel but now BM has to play 4/6 blue glyph...

The reel problem with this update is farming , now only CS ers can grow :/

I am not sure get interest to continue to play pwi.
  • e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    the range +metal is not even compensating enough. I rather had gone thru no change at all. Like it was said, chasing down kiters is a big prob now. I was in a Royal Battle earlier vs sin, psy, wiz, I barely able to hold 1 spark together, by pot i pulled 1 HF thru all them fights and wasnt vs the wiz either, trying to close the gap and Cc vs the wiz basically rendered me chi less. I been on 4/6 blue glyph set and it barely do squat with damn near most useful skills needing a spark. The bm gameplay is a real noose around the neck again. At the least return Star Smite back to what it was and then theres no room for argue. Range para useless if by the time you reach your target and have no chi for a follow up lock. Come on PWI, at the least leave our chi alone or make Leaps be useable without chi use. I use to feel bad for wizards and archers but really , Dmg an issue, dex an issue and chi an issue. We need support just to support lol.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    If you like using Sutra you shouldn't combine these skills. I don't understand PWI's obsession with 5 year long cooldowns on skills, but those skills virtually don't exist, so unless the new skill is extremely OP I would never part ways with Sutra.
  • franciscorn94
    edited October 2019
    some1 also told that MSS going to lose p.atk n m.atk debuff.... i really dont know what to think except why ot making new class that just uses fist or pole isntead of **** those who already exist for so long. xP

i agree all weaps on bm should have lil diferent uses but not like this xP. cant really tell whats bm role now... cc or dd??? and anyway should suck at doing any of those.

from what ive seen they will give 50chi on spirit chaser instead.
  • jacenty#4580
    jacenty#4580 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Im olny interested that in grup of GMs who planed chages was some bm player? Coz it look like some guy just read descrypiton on skils and make mix without knowing anything about gameplay with BM. Paralise skill wich with gray gliph make this class playble again coz let you safe some chi for atack with red gliphed river avalanche was nerfed with some usless s hit. How Bm need to even suport team with stun and HF if he will be all time on 0 chi. Now bm need to play evry skill on blue Gliph to get chi so mean sorry man you dont make dmg.Next thing is new diamond sutra work only for BM(no more posibility to protect sq with budda guard) it increase psy and mag def (why not deff lvl like sb), you must spend one spark to use it and cd is 5 min
    it will work on PVE but on PVP its usles plus you dont do dmg coz you 80% less psy atack and you got all blue gliphed skils to get chi you need so you do 0 dmg.
    In my opinion someone realy heate BM class,
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    xvenorx wrote: »
    Im olny interested that in grup of GMs who planed chages was some bm player? Coz it look like some guy just read descrypiton on skils and make mix without knowing anything about gameplay with BM. Paralise skill wich with gray gliph make this class playble again coz let you safe some chi for atack with red gliphed river avalanche was nerfed with some usless s hit. How Bm need to even suport team with stun and HF if he will be all time on 0 chi. Now bm need to play evry skill on blue Gliph to get chi so mean sorry man you dont make dmg.Next thing is new diamond sutra work only for BM(no more posibility to protect sq with budda guard) it increase psy and mag def (why not deff lvl like sb), you must spend one spark to use it and cd is 5 min
    it will work on PVE but on PVP its usles plus you dont do dmg coz you 80% less psy atack and you got all blue gliphed skils to get chi you need so you do 0 dmg.

I personally think the exact opposite. It's us that know literally nothing about the BM class. I can see a world where we have G17r5 Poleblade/Sword/Fists/Axes and we can optimize our rotations by using different weapons for different situations that would make BM feel infinitely more satisfying to play than it ever has. Truth is playing BM but only ever using Axes (and sword for 1 chi skill) has never felt satisfying to me. I originally wanted to play BM because they use 4 weapons which would make for a very complex class, and instead everyone on PWI just agreed to play the amazingly dumbed down version and only ever using Axes (which was mostly pushed by r9 only providing Axes). Now G17 gear exists it means we (and Perfect World) can move away from this dumbed down model and push us into using all 4 weapons, which is why they are rebalancing all skills to have different effects when used with different weapons.

My big problem is that, as much I would love to explore a world where I can mix-max using 4 weapons, it's far to expensive. Even if I KNEW it would be good it's too expensive. But to spend that money just to TRY if it's good, yeah hell fkn no.

• jacenty#4580
    Yea thats a point. From wapon wich bm got r9 is only axes why if they force us to use 4 kinds of wpon they didnt give us rest of wep r9. Im ok with using all kinds wepons in fight its make bm unic but it doesnt change this how much chi bm spend on evry skill.
  • franciscorn94
    exactly bm needs to be unique, not unplayable xP
  • wiccamystic
    wiccamystic Posts: 8 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    xvenorx wrote: »

I personally think the exact opposite. It's us that know literally nothing about the BM class. I can see a world where we have G17r5 Poleblade/Sword/Fists/Axes and we can optimize our rotations by using different weapons for different situations that would make BM feel infinitely more satisfying to play than it ever has. Truth is playing BM but only ever using Axes (and sword for 1 chi skill) has never felt satisfying to me. I originally wanted to play BM because they use 4 weapons which would make for a very complex class, and instead everyone on PWI just agreed to play the amazingly dumbed down version and only ever using Axes (which was mostly pushed by r9 only providing Axes). Now G17 gear exists it means we (and Perfect World) can move away from this dumbed down model and push us into using all 4 weapons, which is why they are rebalancing all skills to have different effects when used with different weapons.

My big problem is that, as much I would love to explore a world where I can mix-max using 4 weapons, it's far to expensive. Even if I KNEW it would be good it's too expensive. But to spend that money just to TRY if it's good, yeah hell fkn no.

Yes BM would be OP with all 4 G17S5 Weps, but ur forgettting one minor detail... It takes over 3 years to get 1 G17S5 so 4 will need 12 years.... Ye but then 1 of us who never stoped doing daily after 12 years will be OP. Seems PWI left us "some hope". Thou it feels more like a kick in the balls to me >.>
  • wiccamystic
    ALSO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLZ Add more antistunn to a damn support/stunning/hf monkey
    Best regards from now Support/Stunning/HF monkey.
  • jacenty#4580
    And ofcourse forgot to mention that smite on Pike dont stun anymore and dont give 30 chi like it used to. So forget to get 1,5 spark in 4 hits on sword chi combo. So you wont be anymore hf monky coz you wont have chi for that you need 2 spark for cast hf and if you are atacked coz you close range class you need to use antistun (one spark) New sutra (one spark) roar of pride (35 chi) you already dont have for hf , afther 2 hits you got 2 sparks for hf but you must use dragon rising to paralise to keep stunlock (sorry 80 chi gone) NO HF SORRY. And this 20m range of paralise its nice but to use it you must come close to target to use anothers skils so you got 2 sec less in paralise so you wont charge chi.
  • jacenty#4580
    And dont write you will have 80 chi back from hf on gold gliph coz cast of HF is so long that stun will gone befor you use HF.
  • e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    IF dev's even paying attention to this thread, lets keep it simple, we the pure players of Bm's have stuck thru this class from when it was the trending class to the forgotten class. Meaning we play'd this class for years some of us even a decade. We are trying to put it that the lack of a reasonable chi return has crippled this class far too much. Far as the New Buddah Varjra wtf you call it, meh funny how we are considered a support class when the skill is a self buff. Normal Buddah saves squad mates at times, if any enhanced was needed, a few seconds longer would have been nice.

I agree with what someone said above, the history of Bm was always based on a few ppl. Most who never took the class all the way. The wiki info so outdated, and probably the best BM guide the forum had is well outdated as well.

This new Battle Royal pwi has goin, with everyone entering with equal gear. Theres alot of Bm's making normal NP level players left dumbfound in their seats. Every class has a legitimate pro's and con's prolly except Sins, i still feel PWI devs play sins lol cause they favored way too much.

One thing I do want to ask to the sage Bm's out there, how is the chi management on their side?
  • wiccamystic
    For Sage BM? Every 1min we can get 50chi with a 2+sec chan not a good option in PK when ur trying to stun lock. Other then that is same **** and GG. Simpel math for lock combo u need max time para and use it as soon as its off CD, thats **** ur paramount JUST FOR PARA +Stun and u will be losing chi even with paramount. So unless u land HF at start of PK when ur full chi and ur oponent DOEST use a genie/pot/skill to survive later on in the batle ur either wount have Chi for another combo or u wil be dead cuz u saved chi on survival skills.
    With new patch all of us BM's will go down the same way, sage or demon.
  • glay4fun
    Hero, PLZ move this topic to general discussion, its not Archiosaur exclusive, thx
  • glay4fun
    Actually no NWM leave it here thx.
  • glay4fun
    bump......
  • lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    I have a question in regards to the new sutra/Buddha skill. Is it its own buff or something that could be overwritten?
    I do use sutra a bit. And would hate to lose it. But that defensive boost really goes with my play style. One minute where you should be able to survive whatever is thrown at you. I could run a flag in NW, solo tank a boss while squad rezs without bp, or even just hold a cata in TW.

Also, about the weapons. I agree we should be using all of them. Currently running g16 axes and swords, with r8rr Pike and fists. Axes will be replaced with r9 eventually,and swords will be g17. Can say I use each weapon every day I play, even just in dailies. Axes for aoe, sword and Pike for distance, and fist for single target.
  • lv100togekiss
    edited January 2020
    Have leveled another BM up to learn Vajra. It is its own buff. Hard to do extensive testing given he's in tt99. Did find the defense cannot be purged. But the healing you get can be purged.

Anything you guys want to be tested?
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    So G17 came around and it's almost 2 year old now, is any thing I learn from PW in the last 10 year is that we should see all the Mats come out in boutique very soon. And that should fast track any player willing to sell there house to be competitive in the game. I don't expect the Human race class to become any more then they are right now. The reason, PW is not interested in supporting your existing Toon, there is not enough money income from it. Enjoy what you have while it last.
  • lv100togekiss
    Asking again if there is anything you'd like to see me test Vajra with. I can't think of anything beyond purge.
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    I actually feel bad for anyone that has learned this useless skill. Endgame BMs, especially fully buffed, are basically at cap defenses anyways, so that skill becomes 100% a useless self-nerf and wanna know the worst part? You are sacrificing a very good self-heal and the ONLY AOE BUFF IN THIS GOD DAMN GAME that can negate venos 0 def, cause it increases your def by the same amount redstone reduces it. Rip.

I will never upgrade in my life.

BMs are overall still strong and going with pure blue glyphs on all spamable skills you can easily deal with Chi anyways, especially if you have a paramount. Next skill update, if you are smart and invest in a g17.3 (at least) pair of dual swords..BMs damage goes through the damn roof, all while those precious Blade skills have a 100% accuracy rate. The only flaw BMs still have (but mainly only max endgame and in BoS) is that they only have defense. They literally have nothing at all to either evade debuffs or damage apart from the leaps which are nice but by far not enough. Also, before the skill update, so basically now, BMs attack skills are so slow and the chance of missing is so high...welp, all about to change ofc.