Broken character look

Options
Wanted to revisit this game. Played it 9 years ago and when i saw about PWM i've decided to revisit it. Downloaded arc launcher, client after. First thing that got my attention is that when i was choosing which race i want to play most of the displayed characters were bald. Woman, men, fishman, fishwoman, etc. Didn't give much thought to it then, "just a glitch, meh. Happens". Then, in character creation when i was desiding on which skin colour i want my char to have - some parts of a skin didn't change a colour at all. I mean - whole skin could be green, but nose, chin and forehead stayed the same creamy white colour no matter what i did. After i've desided not to change skin colour to avoid this, i finally managed to create something decent after almost an hour of playing with all those sliders. And what do you think - for some unknown reasons, after i created a char and was moved to character selection window, instead of seeing my perfect xianxia char i saw some bald, bleak computer generated char. Not the one i've spent my time creating. This. And the thing is - people on game see not the char i've created, but this bald computer generated one. I've tried to create different char, different race, different class - nothing was working. Same problem ever and ever.

I've tried to reach support, but all they did was an apologetic answer with excuses and a link to this forum thread about a week after i wrote a ticket.

Well, i thought - ok, i'll try once more after i'd finish my new pc(was playing from a laptop before).

2,5 month later(now) i've tried once again. With a new pc that should be ablo to run PW on a max graphics smoothly. (ryzen 5 2600, msi geforce 1050ti, 16gb ram)

First thing i did was to check a window where i chose race\class. I saw bald people again. I didn't even bother to create a detailed char look, just modified hair, skin colour, eye colour, etc. And what do you think happened after i clicked on "create" button?

screens from my second try today below.
2019-09-09_18-12-38.jpg
2019-09-09_17-13-33.jpg
2019-09-09_17-13-58.jpg

Please, help me resolve this issue if anybody know how to fix it. I'll be very thankful.

P.S. And btw, technician and edgerunner aren't customizable. Little to none. screens below.
2019-09-09_18-20-25.jpg
2019-09-09_18-20-34.jpg

Comments

• zeroproxyy#1062
    zeroproxyy#1062 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    test1 name was taken so i went with ryujin instead. (in case someone wouldn't understand why there is no test1 char on a third screen)
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Options
    This is a pretty common issue with newer installations of PWI. Files relating to customization tend to be missing which would also be the case here. The first thing you can try is verify your files through the patcher. Do this one or two times just to be sure. This sometimes works for people.

If that doesn't work, you'll likely have to create the customization files yourself. I'll have to come back and post a better explanation for this since I don't really know a lot about this issue. I have a laptop handy with the exact same issue as yours so I'll check it out and post again once I've solved it.

Oh and also, the technician and edgerunner classes aren't customizable at the moment in their detailed models, that is intended. To customize those you need to uncheck the Detailed box in your settings window in-game. You MIGHT be able to see them normally, because I'm seeing their customization files on my laptop.

EDIT: Okay, I have another solution for you to try. When you go to customize a character you should see 5 preset buttons at the top. Try clicking one of the presets and customizing from that preset. I was able to save character presets by doing this so hopefully this means you can have non-bald characters this way :) unfortunately it seems like the newer installations don't come with all the older presets, so maybe I'll upload those files somewhere for people who are missing their files.
    Post edited by obielle on
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com