Etherblade server going strictly cash only

Options
Players on Etherblade are spreading the rumor that the server is going strictly cash players only next month. Is this true? Or as usual the trust fund babies and silicon valley brats just trying to force more players away from the is game because they are greedy.

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Players on Etherblade are spreading the rumor that the server is going strictly cash players only next month. Is this true? Or as usual the trust fund babies and silicon valley brats just trying to force more players away from the is game because they are greedy.

Not to the best of the info I have

Thanks.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    I'd guess the rumors are based on the new coin system we'll be getting next update. Don't really know when it's coming out but we're due for a major update soon. The coin system update (from my understanding) is going to split coins into some silver/gold coin currency where only the gold coins can be used to buy things from other players. Basically there will be less ways to earn money that can be used to buy things from others, i.e. quests will give silver coins.

It's pretty easy to make rumors based on this stuff because all the information is translated from Chinese, so it's easy to mistranslate/misunderstand things. The majority of players don't tend to be informed on future updates as well. Most updates I see people spreading rumors to cause panic and it usually works. That said, I haven't really read up on this new system as I'm just waiting for the update to come to PWI so I'm pretty uninformed myself.

There is some info in this thread here that you can read up on to learn more about what might be coming https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1210107/new-coins-system

You can also check the direct source of this information on the PWCN site though it might not translate well:
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com