What world is my account in?

guthans68
guthans68 Posts: 13 Arc User
Been off the grid for a few year due to my type of work. I have a 100 lvl archer account. I am home wanted to get back to playing down loaded wings of rebirth I saw loading it my archer with equipment but said lvl . Did I download wrong version or what world should be in.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• guthans68
    guthans68 Posts: 13 Arc User
    I found it things a lot different
    Thanks
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The first thing that was on my mind when reading 'what world is my account in?' was Earth. Our current server is on Earth. :D

Happy to see you found your character. In case anyone else is searching for an answer I just had to write this comment:

In the last server merge

- Heavens Tear and Archosaur merged to Etherblade,
    - Sanctuary and Lost City to Twilight Temple,
    - Raging Tide and Dreamweaver to Tideswell,
    - Harshlanfs and Morai to Dawnglory.
  • Thank you so much, I'm in the same situation as the original poster so I'm hopeful to find my original account
  • ineke
    ineke Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I have same problem guess my account is now on an US server I was on etherblade so far I know or heavenstear but seems they both are now just one then but I stil can not log in with my account also do not see if I have characters there before we use to see if there are characters on that server now I see nothing can not get passed the login screen send already a ticket and hope it get solved soon but for now I am just trying and watching the screen saying disconnected from server please try again and that is all I get I tried all servers because bit lost on what server I would say europe because I was on europe server but if I was on heavens tears or etherblade then I should go to US server etherblade
    Post edited by ineke on
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    ineke wrote: »
    I have same problem guess my account is now on an US server I was on etherblade so far I know or heavenstear but seems they both are now just one then but I stil can not log in with my account also do not see if I have characters there before we use to see if there are characters on that server now I see nothing can not get passed the login screen send already a ticket and hope it get solved soon but for now I am just trying and watching the screen saying disconnected from server please try again and that is all I get I tried all servers because bit lost on what server I would say europe because I was on europe server but if I was on heavens tears or etherblade then I should go to US server etherblade

Are you logging in using Arc? You cannot login to the game directly from the login screen anymore. You have to log into Arc and launch the game from there to get into the game.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • alluziion#4681
    alluziion#4681 Posts: 2 New User
    Sorry for hijacking this post but it won't let me start a new thread yet.

I've just attempted to return to PWI after a 10-year hiatus. I see the servers have merged and the game now runs through Arc. I logged into Arc via Facebook and attempted to log in to US Twilight Temple (my account was previously on Lost City). My username is definitely correct and I believe my password that I'm entering is correct but it just stays on the "Logging into game" message for a while then says disconnected.

So two questions...

1. Am I attempting to log in correctly?
    2. Is there a way of recovering my old password in the scenario that it may be incorrect?

Cheers.
  • obielle
    Sorry for hijacking this post but it won't let me start a new thread yet.

I've just attempted to return to PWI after a 10-year hiatus. I see the servers have merged and the game now runs through Arc. I logged into Arc via Facebook and attempted to log in to US Twilight Temple (my account was previously on Lost City). My username is definitely correct and I believe my password that I'm entering is correct but it just stays on the "Logging into game" message for a while then says disconnected.

So two questions...

1. Am I attempting to log in correctly?
    2. Is there a way of recovering my old password in the scenario that it may be incorrect?

Cheers.

Usually a long "logging into game" message followed by a "disconnected" message means you're trying to log in directly through the client (or a network issue). Make sure you are launching the game through Arc. You can check if your password is correct on Arc by logging into it using the username and password that you'd normally use to log into PWI.

For your second question, I don't think there's a way to recover your old password, but you can have it reset if you have access to your email address that the account is registered to. Since you're able to log into Arc via Facebook, you should be able to check it. In the Arc client, click on your user pic and select "My Profile". On the profile page you should see 3 lines in the top left corner. Click on that and go to "My Account". There you'll find your email address, and an option to change your password if you happen to remember it. If you don't have access to the email address, that would then require a support ticket to fix that issue.

• alluziion#4681
    alluziion#4681 Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the advice.

I just tried logging into Arc via my old PWI details and was presented with this message...

"WHOOPS!
    It looks like there may be a problem with your account. It is possible you have been banned or you are attempting to log in from an unsupported region. If you believe this is an error, please contact support."

I'm confident my account wouldn't have been banned at all so I'm guessing a regional issue?

I live in the UK but my PWI account is on the NA server because there was no EU server at the time I played.
  • obielle
    I don't think it should be a regional issue, since the UK is a supported region no matter which PWI server you play on (unless you're using a VPN of some sort which you can get banned for). Usually unsupported regions include ones that have their own versions of perfect world.

It might be possible that you did get banned as a precaution since you haven't been online in 10 years and suddenly someone's logging in. I've only seen it when people charge gold but it's possible in this case too.

You'll have to send a support ticket to customer service and see if you are banned and why. You can also email them at customerservice@perfectworld.com with the email you registered the account with if you remember it.