Arc Defender question

I have disabled Arc Defender many times on my account but ever so often i automatically gets turned back on. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to keep it disabled?

I often am in hotels and such so I play from my personal laptop, work laptop or my desktop so i do switch between computers. However I never used to have this issue it seems to have started a few months ago.

Thanks

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    It has been an issue for me as well, and I've heard some others have the issue as well. Not a lot of people have been talking about it so I'm not even sure how many people it's affecting. Unfortunately I don't know of any solution to keep it off, I've just been turning it off every time it happens. It's probably going to take a while to get fixed too. Best way to get around it is having all the computers saved on each account so it doesn't trigger but that would be tedious in your case.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • copy1#8039
    copy1#8039 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Im having big issues with it. I really dont know what triggers it but it happens VERY often for my accounts. Yesterday I turned it off 4 times. Its crazy.
    I know quite a few it happens for but in general I dont think ppl notice it - those who always log from 1 location only maybe?
    Personally Im considering to just turn it on all my accounts despite I hate it, and save all my locations. Gonna take a bit though as I just travelled to my current location 2 days ago and dont think ill be going anywhere for the next month.
    COPY1
  • rangesword
    rangesword Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thanks, at least i am not alone
  • lilfoxy#1723
    lilfoxy#1723 Posts: 7 Arc User
    This is a problem, I just logged in today and found it turned on again. For me this is the second time it has happened, the first time was a couple of months ago.

Since it has been affecting rangesword for a few months ago, it would appear something changed in recent months. This needs looking at.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I would wonder if its something to do with you being in different locations.

Still not an excuse if you have turned it off, but in some respects would be a nice guard... well may be...

Agreed it should be looked into...

Thanks.​​
  • obielle
    If anything I definitely haven't moved locations when it turns back on and use the same PC for it so I don't think it's that. My internet does disconnect regularly but I don't think it's a factor since I'm not usually logged on those accounts when it happens.

I was meant to check if it's just turning Arc Defender on or if it's resetting an account's settings to default, but I keep forgetting. I've changed some settings on an alt account and will see if they change back any time soon.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    obielle wrote: »
    If anything I definitely haven't moved locations when it turns back on and use the same PC for it so I don't think it's that. My internet does disconnect regularly but I don't think it's a factor since I'm not usually logged on those accounts when it happens.

I was meant to check if it's just turning Arc Defender on or if it's resetting an account's settings to default, but I keep forgetting. I've changed some settings on an alt account and will see if they change back any time soon.

Well i was more thinking inline with a dynamic IP address system as well. Like i said prob not the reason but that my logic.

your prob say ur IP has not changed in months, if so it throws that theory out at least.

Only other possible reason i can think of is multiple accounts loggin in from 1 IP may be, or something to that point?

I dono im clutching at straws with Arc most of the time lol.

In short there has to be a reason for it, well i guess their dont need to be one but would make more odds to me.​​
  • wadzio
    wadzio Posts: 34 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue... From what I noticed it does happen quite often when I switch characters from 1 PC to another!!! It's surely not based on the IP but I think the physical address of the computer... Anyway it is quite annoying... If i setup it to keep arc defender it should stay off...
  • mybm#5203
    mybm#5203 Posts: 10 Arc User
    So what im worried about is I have multi accounts im happy the main ones are with google unfortunately I have a few with yahoo and if any here have one you provably have run into this if you have not used your yahoo account in awhile 1.it disables or 2 always says you have had suspicious activity on your account regardless if you have your password it wants verification on a cell phone assigned to that yahoo account Problem is in years sometimes you get a new phone and new number now the yahoo account is no longer recoverable there use to be a yahoo app mail that could bypass it with normal log in and unchecked cell phone verification and add new e-mail to be sent a verification code not no more.

So now your yahoo is unrecoverable hence your pwi account also now from what i read so far i can change my e-mail on the arc page but heres the catch it will send verification to your old yahoo lol guess what if thats correct and you dont have access to that yahoo again pwi account is unrecoverable?

I think its messed up that you can change your e-mail option directly in arc but it will most likely ask for verification from old e-mail is this you ummmm obviously it is if im changing it from the app on the same pc i been longing in for years

So what can you actually do in this situation?

has any run into this where yahoo says suspicions activity even when you use the right credentials you dont have alt e-mail and it wants to send code to old cell phone number opps you dont have that number anymore lol?

what do you actualy do to get your pwi account?
  • obielle
    I used to have a yahoo email with one of my accounts so I can understand just how frustrating it is to try to log into it, though I was able to get access to it long enough to change the email on my PWI account. It was quite a few years ago so I don't really have any advice on how to get back into old yahoo accounts.

Luckily according to this support article you can have your email changed without having access to it as long as you provide enough details to verify that you're the owner of the account. It's a bit tedious but you'll have to send tickets for each account to have the emails changed manually. I'd recommend writing down any information that's attached to the accounts (like things in your Arc profile and some basic info about the characters on that account) in case you do lose access to them.

If you are unable to access your PWI accounts due to Arc Defender you can also try emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com with the email address you want to change to as well.